PK-8|Private
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

With the 2015-2016 school year, Mount St. Michael Catholic School enters its thirtieth (30th) year forming students in courageous virtue grounded in the truth of Christ. Students receive an academically solid, spiritually rich education like no other among Catholic schools. Each day begins with the celebration of Mass. The foundations of learning begin with the Accredited Preschool (3K-5K) Montessori. Children enter the 1st-8th Classical Academy well prepared. An MSMCS education engages students through the study of Latin (3K-8th), Logic (7th/8th), History (1st-8th), Literature, Dancing Classrooms (5th-8th), Athletics (K-8th), Music (3K-8th), Art (1st-8th), Iconography (7th/8th), the disciplines of Science and Singapore Math, and more. Reserve your place at one of our Tuesday Tours to see an MSMCS education in action. Call 214-337-0244. Tuesday Tours 8:00 am Mass with the children 8:45 am Info Session & Tour 9:40 am Q&A 10:00 am End
May 05, 2015

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly agree

They have and use an anti bullying program and provide very thorough supervision.

Supports LD students: Strongly agree

The school strives to be inclusive (catholic with a small c) and serve the needs of all students, including the gifted and those with learning disabilities. Teachers will go above and beyond here to make accommodations once a child has the appropriate documentation.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The development of the whole person is the focus of the school, and that includes development in terms of character and virtue.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Teachers here are dedicated, well educated, and hard working.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

They limit homework based on age and provide some days every year where there is NO homework, especially on parent meeting nights.

I was both a parent and a teacher at this school for a total of over 26 years. I taught there for 17 years. All five of my children attended from preschool through 8th grade. The school is not perfect but no school is: however, the teachers are sincerely devoted to the children and strive to provide both excellent supervision and a high quality education STEEPED in Catholicism. The children attend Mass each day, which is priceless. The school values the arts, from music and fine arts to poetry and student declamations. They offer Latin and formal Logic. While the building is old, it is safe and up to code, and the grounds have a peaceful feeling about them that you notice as soon as you enter. Recent additions include a new fence around most of the playground and replacement swings. Many of my children, now in their late 20s, remain friends with the people who were in their classes there. I recommend you go and see the school for yourself. It's a unique and beautiful place which has a great vision for sending out well educated and thoughtful individuals to make the world a better place.

We are in our first year at Mount St. Michael Catholic School and hope to be here for many more. A Catholic school actually centered on Christ is not necessarily easy to find--but that is the case at Mount St. Michael. Plus, the community, from the administration and teachers to all of the families, is unbelievable. We thank God for leading us here. If you are looking for a solid Catholic, Montessori/Classical education, this is the place. The only alternative for us would be homeschool.

Mount St. Michael Catholic School has forever changed our lives. As a single parent, I was scared going into this school not sure if I would be able to embark this journey alone. However, it didn't take long for me to realize that whatever sacrifices I had to make was worth making to keep Ava here. It has been three years now since we have been here and I couldn't feel more blessed. I have literally watched the hands of God embed his love and faith into my daughters heart as she continues to grow and I owe it all to the Mount St. Michael. This school is amazing both academically and spiritually.

When you walk down the halls of this school your heart fills with an over abundance of joy! You hear children engaged in their learning and you see their confident smiles. An authentic love of learning, one that can only grow from self discipline, is fostered at this school. My kids come home excited to read and go to school eager to learn. I am so happy I know the best kept secret.

I tell my children that they belong to God and He has a plan for them. It's my job as their father to help them learn what that plan is and to use the gifts that God gave them to the fullest... to be the best version of themselves. I can't think of a better school to help me do that! My children are challenged, nurtured and loved!

Last modified Mount St. Michael Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8