School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

With the 2015-2016 school year, Mount St. Michael Catholic School enters its thirtieth (30th) year forming students in courageous virtue grounded in the truth of Christ. Students receive an academically solid, spiritually rich education like no other among Catholic schools. Each day begins with the celebration of Mass. The foundations of learning begin with the Accredited Preschool (3K-5K) Montessori. Children enter the 1st-8th Classical Academy well prepared. An MSMCS education engages students through the study of Latin (3K-8th), Logic (7th/8th), History (1st-8th), Literature, Dancing Classrooms (5th-8th), Athletics (K-8th), Music (3K-8th), Art (1st-8th), Iconography (7th/8th), the disciplines of Science and Singapore Math, and more. Reserve your place at one of our Tuesday Tours to see an MSMCS education in action. Call 214-337-0244. Tuesday Tours 8:00 am Mass with the children 8:45 am Info Session & Tour 9:40 am Q&A 10:00 am End
May 05, 2015

Posted July 27, 2015
I tell my children that they belong to God and He has a plan for them. It's my job as their father to help them learn what that plan is and to use the gifts that God gave them to the fullest... to be the best version of themselves. I can't think of a better school to help me do that! My children are challenged, nurtured and loved!

Posted July 02, 2015
The school is amazing. The teachers are kind and caring, and it shows because the kids love going to class. My youngest daughter hated going to school before we started attending MSM. She would cry and beg not to go. It got so bad that she developed anxiety at just the thought of going back to school after summer ended. That all changed drastically and almost immediately once I enrolled her at MSM. She loves her school and it is amazing to see her blossom as we go into our third year at MSM. She struggled in reading, but now reads books several grade levels beyond her current grade "for fun." She even enjoys math! And the community at MSM is great. It keeps Catholic traditions, but in a welcoming and open way. I knew nothing about the school when I started, but now I truly believe it is a hidden gem in Dallas. After living in three states, ranging from Arizona to DC and trying a half dozen schools as we moved around, ranging from public to Jewish and now Catholic, I can honestly say that the others do not even compare to the experience and education my kids are getting at MSM.

Posted June 12, 2015
My son enjoyed learning at Mount St. Michaels ( Montessori-8th) so much that he now volunteers there when he can! He received a scholarship to The Highlands High School for academics and character. The Christian/Catholic/Classical formation he received at MSMCS was exemplary and continues to give him a solid foundation on which to stand! He is recognized a strong leader who loves to help- at School, at church and in our neighborhood. The teachers and parents at MSMCS really support each other in raising Christian children, praying for each other, and forming life long family friendships! Daily Mass there is great way to start each school day, and it also inspires many students to consider a vocation as a Priest or Nun. This school has had several alumni enter the Seminary, or enter a novitiate. So far they have had a couple make permanent vows and one become a Priest! They also have at least two alumni who have gone on to get doctorates (Physics and Astrophysics.) And I believe, at least one Medical Doctor! This year one of there Alumni also received a full tuition scholarship to Stanford! All of the other Alumni that I have kept up with from MSMCS, receive many other good College and University Scholarships as well! They make lifelong learning a fun goal! It is a great school!!!

Message to families
SCHOOL LEADER
Posted May 05, 2015

Posted May 05, 2015
Our family enjoyed some of the beautiful traditions of MSMCS last week and I wanted to share. Our oldest is in 5tg grade and just completed the Dancing Classroom Series with her class. The children learned some lovely dances but more importantly learned how to interact together and do something beautiful. This really gels with their virtue based classical curriculum. Such a neat experience. Later in the week our second grader redonned his suit to help crown Our Lady. He was so excited that he has received Holy Communion daily with his class for over 2 weeks. To finish off the week we watched our Eagles play one soccer game and 2 softball games. So fun! Our school is small but it has a big heart.

Posted May 04, 2015
I have been a parent of children at Mount Saint Michael Catholic school for 9 years. From my first meeting at Mount Saint Michael I knew it was a special place, guided by a deep and profound faith in and love of Christ and a commitment to educate and form their students with that faith and love as the guiding principle. The spirituality there was unique among other Catholic schools I had visited. The classical liberal arts curriculum is superb and a perfect complement to the faith formation. My children have grown and thrived at the school, learning how to think critically about the world around them, informed with an historical perspective that gives them a deeper understanding of themselves, their faith, and ultimately their vocation in the world. With 5 children now attending Mount St. Michael, I feel continually blessed by this community of committed parents, teachers, and staff and have seen the fruits of their education and faith formation in countless ways over the years. I thank God every day that He led our family to Mount St. Michael and hope that other families will be able to experience all of the gifts that Mount St. Michael has to offer.

Posted April 23, 2015
Best religious formation we've ever experienced. Mass is required each morning and celebrated by Discalced Carmelite priests who are both joyful and entirely loyal to Church teaching. Basically every teacher is deeply devout, faithful, experienced, educated, intellectually curious, clever and nurturing. Very low teacher turnover. Some teachers are charismatic Catholics, and they are particularly fine Christians. Our youngest is now in the junior high; the average amount of teaching experience for his junior high teachers is 25+ years. Three of our children have attended the school; all say it was one of the best things we ever did for them. A few anecdotes: (i) the school's semi-annual "Spirit Rallies" are student-led pep rallies for the HOLY SPIRIT, (ii) after 4 years of ballroom dancing (required for grades 5 - 8), our sons know how to treat a lady, and our daughter demands to be treated like a lady (and, our kids know every ballroom dance--the waltz, tango, foxtrot, jitterbug, salsa--you name it), (iii) the junior high art class is icon-painting, (iv) the boys and girls basketball coaches are terrific and (v) many families drive 20 miles each way to attend.
3 people found this helpful

Posted April 23, 2015
We have two children at MSMCS and one that graduated from the school. Our oldest son was greatly prepared to be admitted to Jesuit through the classical curriculum, opportunities to participate in a number of sports activities, and a way to not only learn his faith but also to put into practice through a number of clubs and activities. Our other two sons are currently students at the school and have caring and academically demanding teachers that challenge them and provide supports to have them excel. This is an incredible school that not only nurtures your child but also the whole family.
3 people found this helpful

Posted December 02, 2014
Our child is thriving at MSMCS - the classical education and focus on both spiritual and academic growth are unique in Dallas. This is a very diverse community with families and staff that are warm and welcoming. The principal is very engaged and dedicated to the success of the school and students. Many of the teachers have over 20 years of experience. The facilities need improvement and the school appears to be looking at ways to address it. Our entire family has grown through our involvement with MSMCS. I would recommend to any families that value a classic Catholic education in a diverse community.

Mount St. Michael Catholic School 1

Posted February 24, 2014
This school is based on gossip and people thinking they are more superior than others. They do not appreciate parents that volunteer their time and donate their money. Instead they treat them with disrespect. It is a shame that just because they are a Catholic school they think they are the "perfect role models" and they don't sin but want to judge others on their sins and ways of living.

Mount St. Michael Catholic School
4500 W Davis, Dallas, TX  75211
Last modified Mount St. Michael Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Mount St. Michael Catholic School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top