Harry Stone Montessori Academy (Es 1

Posted July 14, 2014
My school is embarrassing. This school is run by the fmaily of a local school board member. There are no sports, except what they do in PE. They do not allow Boy Scouts, but do a Girl Scouts program. The principal can never be found. This could be a great school, but there are fewer and fewer Montessori trained teachers and the school leadership is more inclined towards educational fads. The test scores are less than stellar and the school leadership is to blame. The senior leadership was offered Montessori training, but has ignored this free opportunity. Instead the school is falling apart and is run like a fiefdom owing to her benefactors...a constant string of Board of Trustee family members who are happy their kid was chosen for this average school instead of the dozens of other failing programs across the district.

Harry Stone Montessori Academy (Es 2

Posted June 21, 2014
We had excellent learning experiences for PK-2nd grades. My child really learned responsibility and great work ethics. However, as we reached 3rd grade, we had a drastic academic decline. Montessori instruction is a great way of learning for ALL students, but it only works kn an environment where reachers are trained and truly committed to the montessori philosophy. This also includes administrators. After 2nd grade, my chold began to simply work all day long, rarely receiving marh and reading lessons that should be given daily. We were told our baby just might not be Montessori. This can be a great place, but drastic changes have to occur to meet the learning needs of ALL students.

Posted October 25, 2013
This is my son's 2nd year and I love it! His in kinder and he knows so much. He knows his nouns/verbs, how to add, subtract, read, write, and much more! And my 3 year old will be testing I'm hoping he'll get accepted. :-)

Posted September 14, 2010
Our family loves Harry Stone Montessori. My 8th grader and 6th grader have attended this school since pre-K. We are pleased with the rigorous academics and wonderful fine arts department. Our theater program is only in its third year, but the plays they have performed rival our local Childrens' Theater. We feel like our children are getting a private school education at Harry Stone Montessori.

Harry Stone Montessori Academy (Es 0

Posted April 17, 2010
My daughter has been attending ding this school since pre-k 4. She has had some great teachers Ms.Guess, Ms.Kertz, and Ms.Massey. She has participated in many of the extra curriculum activities the school has to offer. Since my oldest daughter his having such a wonderful educational experience at the school I wanted my youngest daughter to attend the school. Un- fortunely after 3 attempts she didn t get in. She was put on a waiting list I guess there is not enough room since all the staff kids attend the school. The school has changed so much it use to be more diverse but now it is not.

Posted September 09, 2008
I have a daughter who has attended Harry Stone for 3 years since she was in Pre-K and its got to be one of the best schools in the Dallas area. In this day and time its hard to find a school with high academic standards that is not private and most importantly is free. Your child will have to test to get in, but it worth the effort.

Posted August 04, 2008
I have a daughter who attends Harry Stone Elementary. She enjoys attending Harry Stone along with applying the educational skill she obtained from home. That's the key strong parent involvement, along with guiding your child through the public education maze. And that's why our child attends Harry Stone, becuase majority of the parents are on the same page concerning the importance of education. Excellent job Harry Stone Staff as a whole. Now I see why teachers want to stay at Harry Stone Elementary.

Posted January 25, 2008
We have two children at Harry Stone - a first grader in her third year at the school and a sixth grader who started in kindergarten. Both are doing very well academically and love school. The teachers at Harry Stone are fantastic. The Montessori method focuses on the whole child, and the teachers help the students see themselves as part of a larger community and emphasize respect for others. Peace and concern for the environment are valued at the school. The class sizes are small, typically 18 students, and the teachers are adept at working one-on-one or in small groups while other students work independently. Gifted students can move ahead since work is done individually. Lessons are stimulating and creativity is encouraged. The environment is very safe and nurturing. The school offers excellent art & music programs, plus computer and Spanish classes. Overall, we've been very pleased with Harry Stone.

Harry Stone Montessori Academy (Es 0

Posted June 12, 2007
My child has grown so much here. It is a great school with great teachers. Annabelle Vance

Posted June 12, 2007

Harry Stone Montessori Academy (Es
4747 Veterans Drive, Dallas, TX  75216
Last modified Harry Stone Montessori Academy (Es is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Harry Stone Montessori Academy (Es Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews.