Bad
Good

Posted February 17, 2015
I am a sophomore and and cannot even put into words how much I love BA. Im in Avid and joined byran adams bell drill team. Seems like not everyone has been informed, but we are progressing. I believe we will achieve and progress more as long as we have Mr.Kastle running our school. If you are a parent of a student that attends BA, encourage your son or daughter to join Avid and take multiple AP courses. I believe that you cannot take control of where you came from, but you can control where you are going.

Bryan Adams High School 2

Posted October 04, 2014
At first my daughter disliked how everything was old and dirty and broken, that the building was in disrepair, how the teachers complained that there was no money for new things to make it nice, and how there were a lot of roughnecks attending. For about the first 6 weeks she was scared to go. Her last school was new and in a much, much better neighborhood. So understandably she'd need time to readjust. Most parents in our neighborhood send their kids to private schools because DISD has a reputation for poor schooling and bad financial choices.

Posted March 27, 2014
Look its not the school or the staff's fault for any of the problems going on or that are spread about B.A. As a alumni (Class of 2005) myself, as is most of my family... No one is to blame for each and every individuals actions and yes parents can be influential but they can not sit over there children 24/7 and know there every thought and every move. Take my experience for example I was in honors classes and had good grades freshman year well following year still in same classes and still managed to pass them all, but skipped more than half the year literally! Sad thing is my parents had no clue and when they found out what could they really do, but it gets better when i skipped i did not skip with class mates it was people i actually meet else where. If your child skips a lot use there smart phone to your advantage. technology is a great tool and as a parent its your right to know and be concerned about your child. But its not fair for anyone to point fingers, especially with the attitudes the younger generations have.

Bryan Adams High School 1

Posted April 18, 2013
PARENTS KEEP YOUR KIDS AWAY!!!! Administration lies to your face and teachers bicker among themselves.

Posted November 02, 2012
I attended BA from 1981-1985 and the school was off the chain. The teachers back then were so serious about their kids, and their teaching us to learn. Maybe it's not the school; have you ever just sat back and thought...maybe it's the way the kids are being brought up at home in these times. If a child doesn't get that up bringing at home, you can't expect for the teachers to teach them & then have the kids being disrespectful. I've walked down these same halls and have noticed that there's a lot of disrespect; foul language; kids saggin' with the pants. And me being a parent it's like the kids could care less that there was any ADULTS around. My daughter graduated from DeSoto High this year (2012), but I still have a younger one who would love to attend my High School Alma Mata, but with what I've witnessed lately with the out of control students. She will also be attending the remaining of her schooling in the DeSoto area. I would loved for my girls to be like me: BA COUGAR 4 LIFE.

Posted October 14, 2011
Yes, Bryan Adams High School has been known as a bad, low preforming school. But as a Junior at BA, I can tell you things are improving very well this year. Everyone is stepping up from Teachers, Adminstrators to even the Students. The extracirricular activties are improving as well. The BA Marching Band recieved a rating of 1 which is for superior at their marching contest and will be heading to Area on Oct 29. The Belles and the Cheerleaders are also doing a great job at keeping the school spirt! These organizations are getting involved in helping out the community with any way as possible. Also we just got a new principal, which from the looks of it, he is going to do a very good job at shaping things up at Bryan Adams High School: Home Of the Cougars!

Posted April 17, 2011
I am a BA parent very involved with PTSA and SBDM and I have to say "WE LOVE BA!!!!" We have had a rough few years but we have a new principal that is up for the challenge! She and her administrators are fantastic! My daughter informed me that she learned more in her first 3 months at BA than she had her entire life. Powerful statement coming from someone who is at the head of her class!!!

Posted January 31, 2011
Bryan Adams has really Good TAKS test scores & there are a lot of good things happening there!! The general public seems to only hear "the BAD stuff"! The drop-out rate is a problem, BUT that is the responsibility of PARENTS!!! Don't under-estimate BA, there are still GOOD teachers & GOOD things happeninf there! I've had 2 kids to already graduate (2004, 2008) and I'm happy to have anothere SMART Cougar there now!! Go B.A. Cougars!!

Posted July 12, 2010
Bryan Adams has always been a great school offering all type of after school and sports programs. They have a great staff of teachers and support staff for the kids.

Bryan Adams High School 1

Posted November 18, 2009
I went to this school and we are pulling my little sister out of this school now. I has gone way down. I feel like I have to go back and relearn everything I was suppose to be tought in high just so I can go to community college.

Bryan Adams High School
2101 Millmar Drive, Dallas, TX  75228
Last modified Bryan Adams High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.