Arcadia Park Elementary School 4

Posted November 23, 2014
I am so happy and proud to be teaching at this school. The kids here are really good kids and they are willing to learn. Our school is not perfect, but it is better than MANY schools I've taught at in Dallas and Houston ISD. It was mentioned by a parent that the schools play ground was burned down. This is true, but by someone in the neighborhood, not by one of our kids who appreciates and care for our school. We are ranked in the stop 40 out of 151 elementary schools in DISD and also have good STAAR scores with many of our kids going on to magnet schools. (check out our 2013-2014 5th grade scores) We offer after school tutoring and enrichment programs such as Art, Physical ED, Drum Line and Recorder band that participates in many community activities. We also have a very active and well attended PTA that benefits our school as well. For the parent(s) that felt that Arcadia Park was not for their child, GODSPEED TO YOU and we wish you and your child well, never the less we will continue to keep our school as one of THE BEST Elementary Schools in West Dallas.

Posted February 27, 2014
I read a new review today posted on 02/25 by a 'teacher'. I giggled as i read on ...**Also,the school is very well protected with its security system and discipline problems are very minimal and small** Really?? So can you please explain the news channel that reported a couple weeks ago about someone burning down the playground at this school, and the school not having insurance to cover the damage? Still by far the worst school my kids have attended, the drop off in the morning was awful, and so was the pick up in the afternoon. Everything is so disorganized at this school, and it starts at the top, and trickles to the bottom. Teachers are not involved whatsoever, many of my notes/calls were never answered. They have phones in the classrooms but NEVER answer, even when its supposed to be their 'planning' time. If your kids go here, and if you have options, PLEASE take them somewhere else. Look into your options; as a parent you owe it to your kids to get a great education. I did, and it was the best decision i ever made.

Posted August 11, 2013
This school is newer and bigger than the old one, but definitely not better education wise. Some teachers strongly remind me of the movie 'Bad Teacher', they are in teaching for the wrong reasons. I also do not understand why students have to adhere to a uniform policy, but some teachers look 'sloppy' and dress so inappropriate for a classroom. I went to AP as a child and loved going there, When we had the same principal the whole time I attended. Now we have one that well, is a clear example of having a degree doesn't make you smart scenario. This school was exemplary at one point, but as soon as she came in, the school rating dropped. Even reading some reviews on here I am more convinced that their needs to be change. Parents also need to be more involved, and show respect for this school. Dropping off kids in the morning is a nightmare, they park in front of the door, which then backs up school buses and other parents dropping off their kids, all because they don't want to park, and walk an extra 5 feet. This has to be a team effort, but working with some of the staff here is very discouraging, the 'I don't know and do not care' attitude is in abundance starting from the top.

Posted June 09, 2013
I have to admit this is a pretty decent school.The teachers are ok, but nothing extraordinary. The principal lacks experience and is persuaded easily, but she is ok for the most part. I don't understand the 'parents' that rate this school '5' stars, but their comments left have so many misspelled words and incomplete sentences, perhaps going back to school may help you. I would hope that this school gets better with time, we shall see.

Arcadia Park Elementary School 5

Posted June 06, 2013
My Daughter has been attending Arcadia Park since 2010 and it has been a great school for us. Very well prepared and organized teachers; always willing to help in every way they can. Of course we have to do teamwork, it is not only their job to help my child accomplish goals but also my job as a parent. A teacher can only help so much with a student succes, the onther part comes from home. But so far, teachers from Arcadia Park have given my child the right tools to succeed in the next years... Thank you Arcadia Park :0)

Posted June 06, 2013
This used to be a great school when it was on a smaller scale, at the old building. Even with a newly built School and Library, it still lacks the right people. My daughter went to Pre-K at a private catholic school, and was then sent here for Kinder. They were so behind on the material that was being taught. My daughter was not allowed to go to Pre-K here because of my income. I just wish the teachers (and no not all, some are great) would be a little more engaged with the students. Most of the staff is not very nice at all. I have some relatives and friends that work here too, and they have chosen to go somewhere else becuase of the environment. As a parent you can only do so much, and some teachers play favorites with the kids. I have seen many teachers that have their kids enrolled here, and the rules do not apply to them. This neighborhood deserves a great school!

Posted June 05, 2013
I would restructure and hire a new principal; and teachers with the passion to actually teach instead of handing out packets. Teachers do not take the time to help students. This school also doesn't seem to have a dress policy with the staff. The receptionist always looks like she rolled out of bed. You can only work here if you befriend the principal. I wish the new superintendent would replace this principal soon. Sad to see such a nice new school and library go to waste because no one cares enough to empower the community.

Posted May 10, 2012
This was Alright for my kids until this 2011-2012 School year...Aweful. One of the teacher that my child has and will not have ever again. She was down right the Biggest Lier I have ever seen. Say she sent things home with my child when she actually didn't. Say she tried to contact me many times but my phone never ever went off. I have never seen a teacher who say she cared so much about my child education but never showed it not one bit. Waited until the last month of school to actually call my phone number. Wow what a joke!!!! I will not rate the entire school itself because my oldest child got a great teacher that cared and helped him in anyway that he could. So just make sure if your child goes to this school. Make sure you are happy with the Teacher Performance.

Arcadia Park Elementary School 5

Posted August 25, 2009
My daughter goes there and ever sice she got there her grades have improved. It's just a wonderfull school

Arcadia Park Elementary School 0

Posted February 19, 2009
I love this school! The teachers are excellent! They really care about our childrens education and in helping them strive for success... Great Job Arcadia Park!

Arcadia Park Elementary School
1300 North Justin Avenue, Dallas, TX  75211
Last modified Arcadia Park Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Arcadia Park Elementary School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top