Dallas, TX

Posted April 02, 2015
I'm writing as to what I've witnessed with my own eyes and not what I heard or read. Atwell lacks structure, consequences for recurring behaviors and accountability from parents and students. Overall, I do believe that Atwell has great teachers, who want to teach, but if we don't care about our children's education, then why should someone else. As a parent I hold my children accountable for their behavior, myself for raising and training them and educators to educate them. As a community we should work collectively, expect better from public schools and ourselves. After all, public education receives some of it's funding from our tax dollars, lottery and other revenue sources. "Let's get real", Atwell staff would not send their children here either because the environment it's conducive for a young persons overall well being. There is no prefect school, but a school should have standards. We all want the best for our children that's why we do better when able too. So, yes I will find better than that'll do for my children because they deserve it. Hopefully, this helped and did not offend anyone.

Posted June 20, 2014
This school has so many discipline problems that it is difficult to teach. Everything that happens is somehow the teacher's fault. Teachers and administrators are not on the same page which is why the kids run the school.

Posted May 19, 2014
Over population causes issues. Whomever posted that maybe one who didn't like the school because their child is bad is obviously in need of school themselves. Learn how to spell before you talk about people and their children. By the way you should say their instead of their. Plus they need police security.

Posted July 20, 2012
who ever is saying atwell is not a good school there just lying because maybe there kid is a bad kid because i go there and all my teachers push to my limits yea it get boring from all the work but you are still learning and the sport we got good couches hat show us discipline

Posted May 24, 2012
atwell has the top students in disd so all you who talking about how sad atwell is think again we work hard

Posted March 10, 2012
My stepson attends this school and hates it and asks to go to another school. He will not tell his father and I the reason why. We are working on changing schools. My husband has seen first hand the lack of professionalism/leadership. He says the students are out of control. There was a little girl who came into the principals office and did "the walk" while shaking her behind in front of a staff member and parents. This says a lot about the respect level the students have for the staff. This school should be stripped of its Academy title. Longfellow would be an excellent alternative.

Posted February 13, 2012
So sad. Lack of leadership and discipline from admiistraters. Teachers selling bootleg videos to students. Only could stand teaching there one year.

Posted February 11, 2012
first of all Atwell is the best middle school a preteen could ever go to and i believe that if you send your child there they will become one of the most successful adult....... my child is now a lawyer and he went to Atwell for three years and i will never let you people disrespect that good school.

Posted December 06, 2011
Goodness! I was so excited to finally find a school that I thought my daughter would be comfortable with in the 6th grade, but after reading the reviews of students and parents, I am seriously considering not even attending the open house this week. I seriously expected to hear more postive reviews than negative. I expect professionalism and respect from teaches and adminstrators, and if I am not going to see this, then its not the school for us. Thank you to those who have written reviews and your honesty.

Posted April 19, 2011
The worst public school in the state of Texas I have encountered! Unprofessional and ignorant staff and administrators. They are verbally abusive to the students and lack control and supervision. You would do better home schooling.

William Hawley Atwell Law Academy
1303 Reynoldston Lane, Dallas, TX  75232
Last modified William Hawley Atwell Law Academy is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
William Hawley Atwell Law Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 35 reviews. Top