Bad
Good

Leila P Cowart Elementary School 4

Posted June 07, 2011
I went to school here as a child. The school took care of my needs to be stimulated and the teachers were attentive and actually cared about my learning. I assume that it has become bad over the years and such since it is in DISD.

Leila P Cowart Elementary School 1

Posted July 16, 2009
My child went there in 2007-08 She was in Mr Grubb Class great teacher..the only thing was the stuff there teachin is not 1st grade stuff it like 3rf grade..my child did nor pass so we moved to another school this school she learn more stuff.. she even went on 3 field trips and the PTA is great they are always raisin money for the kids...There at cowart she went on 1 field trip not only that the principle is rude...

Leila P Cowart Elementary School

Posted February 25, 2009
The principal needs to be more open minded when it becomes about education.There is not space for children that need after school program + it needs more communication with parents when children are not doing so good do not wait till the last minute

Leila P Cowart Elementary School 1

Posted December 19, 2006
Creativity of students and teachers is stifled by administration. A number of ineffective teachers on faculty.

Leila P Cowart Elementary School 5

Posted May 25, 2005
My child is in PPCD class at Cowart. It is his first year and I think that the teachers there are great for him and the rest of the children there.

Leila P Cowart Elementary School 2

Posted June 01, 2004
I am a 30 yr old former student & also a parent of children who attend L.P Cowart. I have to give the school poor rating. When I attended there was so much parent interaction. There were alot of activities that the kids did. We had a Cinco de Mayo program, where we would dress up in costumes & perform. We always had a Halloween Carvinal, we even had a spring carnival. Now there is nothing. The PTA was always doing something to raise money for the kids. The school always had gifts for the kids. (e: cups, hats, shirts) now nothing. There were field trips. Now its rare if there is any field trips. There isn't even a play ground anymore for the kids to play. it used to be fun to go to school. There still are some great teachers though (Ms. Sparks, Clevenger, Beard, Ross). This school is not all like it used to be.

Leila P Cowart Elementary School 4

Posted May 18, 2004
I think that this school is comming along very good.The teaching skills have improved a great deal in the last couple of years.The extracurricular activities could be better,but I think the afterschool program is helping the students alot.I personally think the school is preforming well. I would like to see more teacher parent meetings .I think this would help the parents know what is going on in their childrens school work. With the over crowding of classrooms,I think there should be more qualified teachers on board.ButI think the teachers that are here are doing a great job with the kids. Thanks, s lindsey

Leila P Cowart Elementary School
1515 South Ravinia Drive, Dallas, TX  75211
Last modified Leila P Cowart Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.