Posted May 28, 2014
Cannot say enough great things about Hexter. We bought our house before we even thought about school for our 2 year old (we just assumed we would do a private school) and we're amazed that our neighborhood school was blue ribbon and exemplary. The parent involvement is exceptional here. Our PTA meetings are full each month. I'm proud that my son goes to school here! This is a community here and we love it!

Posted August 13, 2013
My two grandchildren have attended Hexter since Pre-K and Kindergarten. Our eleven year old will start Longfellow Career Exploration Academy this year but will miss Hexter so much. We have enjoyed and will continue to enjoy the schools atmosphere, great teachers, staff and parent involvement. I can only hope that Longfellow will provide the same such environment, teachers and staff. Parent involvement is so important as well. Working together and providing support to your children and school staff is what makes a school great.

Victor High Hexter Elementary School 1

Posted September 26, 2012
This school is the most incompetent school I have ever encountered the principal especially with this being the first year she has a lot to learn. The influence of parents means nothing it goes in one ear and out the other so don t waste time trying to be involved or ask for certain things in regards to your child they will not listen or have empathy to situations. The expectations of the students are 500% they are living in a fairytale where everything is sweet with pink roses. There is no discipline plan in action i.e. detention/iss nothing set in place for guidelines other than perfection and if that is not met sending the child home. I will do everything I have to ensure the staff is reprimanded for making my child hate school at five years of age.

Posted July 12, 2012
i'm giving this school 3 stars because it isn't altogether a bad school. there are many wonderful teachers and the sense of community is very strong as is evident in the PTA involvement and the incredibly successful fundraising efforts they have throughout the year. having said that, there are definitely some teachers who aren't that experienced and seem subpar or who are too tired and have let their enthusiasm slip. unless you're lucky enough to get certain teachers, it's almost a crapshoot. they are, however, better than most in the district from what i can gather by listening to other teachers and subs in DISD- this school is definitely a gem amongst the failed district. very sad. the principal is who you need to watch out for. she's highly politically motivated and many of her minions on the PTA are misguided about this. her best interests are focused on her reputation and her succession in rank, not on her school, kids, or community. she's guided by rumor and self-indulgance, she's incapable of making wise executive decisions when presented with crises, and will go out of her way to intimidate anyone who may voice their opinion. this school is full of sheep in that way.

Posted May 09, 2012
My son has attended Hexter for 2 years and we have been very happy. I have not had any trouble getting responses from the teachers or other staff when I have a question or concern, They have always been very helpful to me and my son. When he was struggling academically, his teacher met with me and provided me with resources to help him at home. I highly recommend this school.

Posted January 02, 2012
My son has been at Hexter for 3 years. He loves it and we love it. Previously he was at a private school, but we decided to try Hexter since it is a blue ribbon school and we are in the Hexter neighborhood. I was surprised that the academics were actually stronger than at the $15K/year private school he previously attended. I also think my son benefits from the diverse student environment. I could not be happier with Hexter and the faculty.

Victor High Hexter Elementary School 2

Posted May 31, 2011
I'm very surprised by the positive reviews given our extremely negative experience. My child, who was a model student at his previous school, started Hexter and begin hanging around with troublesome children (of which there are many) quickly. He was getting in trouble several times a week and the teacher didn't seem to care. We pulled him out of the school as quickly as possible and put him in a private school where his behavior and academic perfomance started to improve almost immediately. Like others have said, getting feedback from the school is a slow, painful process. That is if you can get any help or feedback. The only positive thing I have to say about this school is that it is free. With the upcoming budget cuts, I'm sure things will get even worse. Do your child a favor and look elsewhere.

Posted October 28, 2010
The lack of organization at Hexter is very frustrating. Some teachers seldom e-mail you back. I agree completely to the previous comment stating it is hard to get feedback or help as well. I wish I had money for a private school.

Posted January 07, 2010
Whether or not you like this school is totally dependent upon your expectations. If you believe that Hexter is an adequate substitute for a private school, you will be sorely disappointed. The class sizes are large and, as with any school in DISD, the resources are limited so students are given very little, if any, individual attention. Although the teachers and principal are very caring, the school is generally disorganized it is difficult to get feedback or help. While about a third of the parents are very committed to supporting the school, the majority of parents simply drop their kids off and could care less what happens there. The majority of students come from economically disadvantaged backgrounds and often require additional help and services. However, if you are considering this as an option to another DISD school, it is probably better than most and you may well be happy there.

Victor High Hexter Elementary School 1

Posted December 18, 2009

Victor High Hexter Elementary School
9720 Waterview Road, Dallas, TX  75218
Last modified Victor High Hexter Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Victor High Hexter Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 45 reviews. Top