Dallas, TX

Victor High Hexter Elementary School 2

Posted June 05, 2015
This school allows kids to be bullied. In fact, teachers are part of the problem. Don't let the stars and 9 out of 10 fool you! Principal doesn't come out of her office. Scores have been lower every year. The culture of "dallas" isd runs through this school screaming incompetent. Know so many who want to leave. I thought it was gr8 in kinder too but time and changes have caused it to fail.

Victor High Hexter Elementary School
Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted June 05, 2015
Bullying is prevalent, kids learn they can pick on kids. They are allowed to be mean and teachers never look into what is going on.

Posted February 12, 2015
Oops... "good citizen". and we "love" this school. Auto-correct got me on that. I apologize for that.

Posted January 20, 2015
Excellent school, PTA, teachers and administration. My daughter is in Kinder and we have not experienced anything negative with this elementary. The staff and teachers have been extremely pleasant and helpful in my experience. Wish their after school program, The Explorers, did not have such a long waiting list or they would open it up for more enrollment (if there is a waiting list, that speaks for itself).

Posted May 28, 2014
Cannot say enough great things about Hexter. We bought our house before we even thought about school for our 2 year old (we just assumed we would do a private school) and we're amazed that our neighborhood school was blue ribbon and exemplary. The parent involvement is exceptional here. Our PTA meetings are full each month. I'm proud that my son goes to school here! This is a community here and we love it!

Posted August 13, 2013
My two grandchildren have attended Hexter since Pre-K and Kindergarten. Our eleven year old will start Longfellow Career Exploration Academy this year but will miss Hexter so much. We have enjoyed and will continue to enjoy the schools atmosphere, great teachers, staff and parent involvement. I can only hope that Longfellow will provide the same such environment, teachers and staff. Parent involvement is so important as well. Working together and providing support to your children and school staff is what makes a school great.

Victor High Hexter Elementary School 1

Posted September 26, 2012
This school is the most incompetent school I have ever encountered the principal especially with this being the first year she has a lot to learn. The influence of parents means nothing it goes in one ear and out the other so don t waste time trying to be involved or ask for certain things in regards to your child they will not listen or have empathy to situations. The expectations of the students are 500% they are living in a fairytale where everything is sweet with pink roses. There is no discipline plan in action i.e. detention/iss nothing set in place for guidelines other than perfection and if that is not met sending the child home. I will do everything I have to ensure the staff is reprimanded for making my child hate school at five years of age.

Victor High Hexter Elementary School 3

Posted July 12, 2012
i'm giving this school 3 stars because it isn't altogether a bad school. there are many wonderful teachers and the sense of community is very strong as is evident in the PTA involvement and the incredibly successful fundraising efforts they have throughout the year. having said that, there are definitely some teachers who aren't that experienced and seem subpar or who are too tired and have let their enthusiasm slip. unless you're lucky enough to get certain teachers, it's almost a crapshoot. they are, however, better than most in the district from what i can gather by listening to other teachers and subs in DISD- this school is definitely a gem amongst the failed district. very sad. the principal is who you need to watch out for. she's highly politically motivated and many of her minions on the PTA are misguided about this. her best interests are focused on her reputation and her succession in rank, not on her school, kids, or community. she's guided by rumor and self-indulgance, she's incapable of making wise executive decisions when presented with crises, and will go out of her way to intimidate anyone who may voice their opinion. this school is full of sheep in that way.

Posted May 09, 2012
My son has attended Hexter for 2 years and we have been very happy. I have not had any trouble getting responses from the teachers or other staff when I have a question or concern, They have always been very helpful to me and my son. When he was struggling academically, his teacher met with me and provided me with resources to help him at home. I highly recommend this school.

Posted January 02, 2012
My son has been at Hexter for 3 years. He loves it and we love it. Previously he was at a private school, but we decided to try Hexter since it is a blue ribbon school and we are in the Hexter neighborhood. I was surprised that the academics were actually stronger than at the $15K/year private school he previously attended. I also think my son benefits from the diverse student environment. I could not be happier with Hexter and the faculty.

Victor High Hexter Elementary School
9720 Waterview Road, Dallas, TX  75218
Last modified Victor High Hexter Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Victor High Hexter Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 54 reviews. Top