Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

My son started at Hexter 3 years ago in Pre-K. We absolutely love this school. The teachers are terrific, caring and responsive. I cannot think of a better atmosphere for my son. Hexter is a good school with parent support, the effective PTA in a great neighborhood.

I have a son in 2nd grade and have had the most outstanding experience at Hexter. The teachers and support staff are phenomenal and truly go above and beyond for our children. My son literally runs into school each morning and loves the school and his teachers. The parent community is also outstanding. Hexter is a true community school and one which I feel honored to be part of.

Last year was GREAT... this year 2015-2016... I CANNOT get my child out fast enough. Although we HAD/HAVE some GREAT teachers... they are slowly declining. We have a great Asst principal, but no one seems to care about whats really going on. This school is slowly going down hill... Thank Goodness we will have moved by the next year for a new school.

Develops character: Neutral

This school tries to maintain a level of fairness, but they ALWAYS seem to fail in the end. :(

This school allows kids to be bullied. In fact, teachers are part of the problem. Don't let the stars and 9 out of 10 fool you! Principal doesn't come out of her office. Scores have been lower every year. The culture of "dallas" isd runs through this school screaming incompetent. Know so many who want to leave. I thought it was gr8 in kinder too but time and changes have caused it to fail.

Oops... "good citizen". and we "love" this school. Auto-correct got me on that. I apologize for that.

Excellent school, PTA, teachers and administration. My daughter is in Kinder and we have not experienced anything negative with this elementary. The staff and teachers have been extremely pleasant and helpful in my experience. Wish their after school program, The Explorers, did not have such a long waiting list or they would open it up for more enrollment (if there is a waiting list, that speaks for itself).

Cannot say enough great things about Hexter. We bought our house before we even thought about school for our 2 year old (we just assumed we would do a private school) and we're amazed that our neighborhood school was blue ribbon and exemplary. The parent involvement is exceptional here. Our PTA meetings are full each month. I'm proud that my son goes to school here! This is a community here and we love it!

My two grandchildren have attended Hexter since Pre-K and Kindergarten. Our eleven year old will start Longfellow Career Exploration Academy this year but will miss Hexter so much. We have enjoyed and will continue to enjoy the schools atmosphere, great teachers, staff and parent involvement. I can only hope that Longfellow will provide the same such environment, teachers and staff. Parent involvement is so important as well. Working together and providing support to your children and school staff is what makes a school great.

This school is the most incompetent school I have ever encountered the principal especially with this being the first year she has a lot to learn. The influence of parents means nothing it goes in one ear and out the other so don t waste time trying to be involved or ask for certain things in regards to your child they will not listen or have empathy to situations. The expectations of the students are 500% they are living in a fairytale where everything is sweet with pink roses. There is no discipline plan in action i.e. detention/iss nothing set in place for guidelines other than perfection and if that is not met sending the child home. I will do everything I have to ensure the staff is reprimanded for making my child hate school at five years of age.

Last modified Victor High Hexter Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.