Posted April 13, 2010
The principal of this school doesn't care about her staff. She is NEVER at school and is cold to the kids. However, the teaching staff is wonderful and should be given credit for putting up with their principal.

Lida Hooe Elementary School 2

Posted May 22, 2009
Need's improvement in teaching skill's for student's so if your child attends here & not doing so well it might not be your child it just might be who's teaching them i just say check into it u never know i know it happen to my Child .

Posted April 29, 2009
It has seen better days!!! Low morale and principal shold lead by example.

Posted August 28, 2007

Lida Hooe Elementary School 0

Posted July 20, 2007
I too went to Lida Hooe, and now as a parent I have put all three of my children inside of the school. I have enjoyed most of my childrens teachers.However the school is one of the older schools in the area, but still has great teachers and a great staff they care about there community. they are having a downfall due to all the new schools being built around them, all of the funding dont go to Lida Hooe anymore the new schools seem to be getting what they need for activities and such. if we get some of the funding to be split evenly then the school would be a wonderful place for everybody.there are teachers and co-workers there that have been there for years. how could it be a bad place.kids always seem happy

Posted March 02, 2006

Lida Hooe Elementary School 1

Posted November 25, 2005
I myself went to Lida Hooe Elementary-about 20 years ago. It is nothing the way it use to be. I think the principal is not doing all he could be doing to make a safe learning invironment.

Lida Hooe Elementary School 4

Posted November 09, 2005

Posted August 20, 2005
My son is started 2nd grade. He is very smart and active. His 1st grade teacher, Ms.C.Upton was able to see something special in him and was always encouraging him to challange himself. She always made me feel welcome in her classroom. Unfortunatly I cannot say this about any of the other teachers at this school. His teacher now bearly glances at me and I find that most teachers don't encourage parent/child participation. I often hear in the hallways when parents are dropping off their pre-k and Kinder kids 'You have to leave now,we can't let you into the classroom' or 'Excuse me you can carry the backpak for him.' I undersand to a extent, they have to learn how to do things on their own, but seriouly, how may children will be negatively affected by a parent carring a backpak or a lunch tray? More parents should speak up.

Posted August 05, 2005
The level of parent involement is very low. I have mixed feelings about this school. My child had very good teachers up until the 5th grade and I notice his 6th grade teacher was not what I expected. My child is a very smart child who has always scored very high on his taks, Taas(recommended) but his performance was not that well this year and i feel he was not pushed to his full potential or even praised. I felt like his teachers were just there and not really pushing and praising these kids, it's like if they did their work fine if not that's fine too. It's like they felt these kids were old enough to make their own decisions about their education, which to me they still need a push and to let them know when they are doing well as well to let them know when doing bad.

Lida Hooe Elementary School
2419 Gladstone Drive, Dallas, TX  75211
Last modified Lida Hooe Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lida Hooe Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top