Dallas, TX
Students enrolled: 1,019

Posted May 02, 2014
This school is the wrost school ever, the teachers are rude to the kids and the principle never returns your calls. I wouldn't recommend this school to my worst enemy!!!

Posted September 26, 2013
These ppl called cps on me and my wife because my child said her bottom was hurting ....go figure she had to use the potty.....

Posted August 27, 2013
I don't like this school at all they have no type of security at all the teachers do not pay attention to the students after school all parents can grab any kid and walk away with them there is no control what so ever is like a mad house in there not to talk about most of the staff are so rude I have to stick to it since is the school that my address belongs to but I'll make sure next year to move my kids to a better district. I am sure about I do not feel comfortable to live my children there at all....

Posted August 01, 2013
I like the school because it has helped my daughter with her self esteem. The teachers are very informative during PT meetings. The principal is a sweetheart. The reason why I only gave it 3 stars is because once my daughter didn't get off the bus at our apartments. so she got off at the next complex and I had to go look for her and she was walking home all by herself (age 6). I really think the driver should have paid more attention.

Posted March 23, 2011
My son started Kg and since I lived in the neighborhood, decided to send him to Hotchkiss. Things started off rocky with his teacher leaving then the teacher-bonus pay back issue, after that, things settled down. The school hired 2 Kg teachers and both are great teachers (kuddos to hiring them). My son loves his teacher and is on the right education track thanks to her. I will be sad when this year is over-his first grade teacher will have big shoes to fill-but hopefully my 3 yr old daughter will get the same Kg teacher in a couple of years.

Posted December 15, 2010
This is a continuation of my review Nov 2010....When my son was brought back to the school he had no wristband on his arm, which is EXACTLY why my son shouldn't have been put on a the bus in the first place. They also had another little boy get off of the bus with him who shouldn't have been on the bus and his parents were worried as well. I just found out at the Christmas program last night that they've finally been rated as an "acceptable" school. I would've never enrolled my son in this school if I had've known that they're just now "acceptable". They're making strides and trying to make progress. I can't wait to see what the future holds.

L L Hotchkiss Elementary School 2

Posted November 01, 2010
This is my sons first year at this school and it began terribly. My son had a substitute teacher the first day of school and he didn't get a permanent teacher until the 5th week of school. For the first couple of weeks of school they had a system of wristbands that made teachers aware of the students who rode the his after school as well as which bus the students are to ride. I always drop my 5 yr old off as well as pick him up. I went to go pick my son up Thursday of the first week of school and he wasn't there. When I asked a teacher where he was they said they'd put him on the bus. I was beyond upset. They called the bus driver and had him bring my son back to the school. When he got on the bus he had NO

Posted August 28, 2009

Posted February 18, 2008
This is my child's first year at this school, and will be her last. I feel the leadership and guidance of the pricipal and her staff are nothing short of lacking. We have had to have parent/teacher/principal meetings due to a particular situation, and were met with sarcasm, and a lot of belittling of the problem. I do not recommend this school.

L L Hotchkiss Elementary School 2

Posted November 17, 2007
Despite the abrasive and unpredictable management skills of the principal, the staff at Hotchkiss is completely committed to loving the students. There is a very strong special education program here and the facility is wonderderful! Don't judge the school by the principal

L L Hotchkiss Elementary School
6929 Town North Drive, Dallas, TX  75231
Last modified L L Hotchkiss Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
L L Hotchkiss Elementary School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top