Dallas, TX

John Ireland Elementary School 5

Posted May 14, 2013
This is the BEST school in DallasISD run by the best principal I have worked for. Ms. Jackson keeps the students in mind when making any and all decisions. The student comes first. Safety is key at our school. Parents are not allowed to roam freely throughout the school, like other schools. The majority of the teachers work hard and give it their all. Of course there are always a few teachers that don't want to actually teach, but this is their last year on our campus. If you don't want to teach, don't be a teacher! We are working on becoming exemplary, and I share this vision!

Posted October 25, 2012
This year the school has gone down hill. The teachers are great. On the other hand the principal has lost her mind. She is bullying the teachers. She is not fair with everyone. As a parent you really can't speak to her unless your ready for a battle. I'm glad that this is my child's last year. I'm part of the committee of this school and if you knew what I know you would be screaming from the roof top of this school. Its just a matter of time before this school falls apart. It needs a male principal to get this school back someone who is fair to all employees, and everyone else. Parents really need to be more involved at this school.

John Ireland Elementary School 3

Posted January 09, 2012
Judging by the prior reviews, I believe this school has gotten alot better. My kids have been going here for 4 years now, so I've gotten to know a lot of the faculty here. This school has a new principal this year, and I'm already seeing the fruits of that. In all honesty, my kids have benefited from having some pretty great teachers here. I appreciate that given that I want the very best for them. The basketball teams are nice, not great but really nice. The nurse is simply amazing. My kids have health issues, and she's really on top of them! A huge complaint would be this ridiculous lunch that DISD continues to feed out kids.

John Ireland Elementary School 4

Posted October 09, 2008

Posted March 18, 2008
I feel disadvantaged because my kids are assigned to this school. I am very unhappy with the school. The principal does not know how to speak to parents and most of the teachers are not proficient.

Posted November 14, 2005

John Ireland Elementary School 3

Posted June 20, 2005

Posted December 15, 2004
This school has been a big disappointment to begin the security they offer our children is no good. You can walk into that school and into the office sign any name and get your little green sticker and no questions are asked. So sad that just anyone can go in there and have access to our children. This is not sufficient when it comes to the safety of our children. More precautions need to be taken and the DISD Board this to get involved. The Principal is always on the defensive when you question her it is always I am doing what I can or I will see what can me done, but nothing has been done. I feel that my son's teacher does more to keep him safe then what the Pricipal has done and maybe we need to look at finding a new principal.

Posted June 27, 2004
Parents are not notified about upcoming events. The assistant principal is not fair. There is a lack of communication from the assistant principal.

Posted August 10, 2003
Parents are not given adequate notification of school functions. Parents are given notification the day before an event(not all parents are stay at home parents and can just come to the school for an event whenever. Parents who work need notification ahead of time so they can plan time off to make it to these functions). Some of the teachers that I have observed do not have the patience to work with the students. Parents are not told of the sports or cheerleader tryouts until the day of or after practice has already begun. The principle is wonderful and works well with the students, parents and teachers.

John Ireland Elementary School
1515 North Jim Miller Road, Dallas, TX  75217
Last modified John Ireland Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
John Ireland Elementary School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top