Bad
Good

This is the BEST school in DallasISD run by the best principal I have worked for. Ms. Jackson keeps the students in mind when making any and all decisions. The student comes first. Safety is key at our school. Parents are not allowed to roam freely throughout the school, like other schools. The majority of the teachers work hard and give it their all. Of course there are always a few teachers that don't want to actually teach, but this is their last year on our campus. If you don't want to teach, don't be a teacher! We are working on becoming exemplary, and I share this vision!

This year the school has gone down hill. The teachers are great. On the other hand the principal has lost her mind. She is bullying the teachers. She is not fair with everyone. As a parent you really can't speak to her unless your ready for a battle. I'm glad that this is my child's last year. I'm part of the committee of this school and if you knew what I know you would be screaming from the roof top of this school. Its just a matter of time before this school falls apart. It needs a male principal to get this school back someone who is fair to all employees, and everyone else. Parents really need to be more involved at this school.

Judging by the prior reviews, I believe this school has gotten alot better. My kids have been going here for 4 years now, so I've gotten to know a lot of the faculty here. This school has a new principal this year, and I'm already seeing the fruits of that. In all honesty, my kids have benefited from having some pretty great teachers here. I appreciate that given that I want the very best for them. The basketball teams are nice, not great but really nice. The nurse is simply amazing. My kids have health issues, and she's really on top of them! A huge complaint would be this ridiculous lunch that DISD continues to feed out kids.

I feel disadvantaged because my kids are assigned to this school. I am very unhappy with the school. The principal does not know how to speak to parents and most of the teachers are not proficient.

Last modified John Ireland Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.