Posted August 08, 2013
Albert Sidney Johnston is an excellent school! tThe principal,Mrs Kilgore, is caring and committed . The students are involved in great learning activities every day.The staff works together so that all children can learn. I would recommend this school to anyone who would like to have their child in a caring environment. I rate Albert S. Johnston a five on any scale.My children love their school and so do I. A supportive parent

Albert S Johnston Elementary School 0

Posted September 25, 2009
My grandchildren attend Albert Sidney Johnston Elementary School. Due to some bad decisions my own child made, i have custody of my grandchildren. I went to lbert Sidney Johnston for grandparents day and met my granddaughters teachers. i was very impressed with the teachers I met. My granddaughter is in the 5th grade and all of her teachers were telling me the same thing that they expect her to soar and succeed. I was very impressed with their communicating to me on what I could do to help with my granddaughter. I also like the fact that they were all young and seemed very energetic. My granddaughter often comes home and says how much fun she had at school and tells ne everything she has learned. I also met other staff who seemed to be very nice and polite.

Posted April 11, 2008

Albert S Johnston Elementary School 0

Posted March 17, 2008
my child is in the fifth grade and I just love the way the teachers not only teach my child the required taks information but also life lessons. my child has always attended a dallas school but i rate this school the best they have attended due to the caring staff and attitude of the teachers. i will say that more parents need to be involved in the school.

Posted March 17, 2008
I really do love this school. I transferred my children to this school about three weeks ago and the atmosphere of the school is great. i have children in the 2nd and 5th grade and i must say the fifth grade teachers are firm and fair. when i first met them they told me that expected nothing but the best and would not except anything less. this made me feel that they had high expectations for thie students. some people may think this is very rude and threatning but i felt it meant that they want the best. my daughter who is in the fifth grade loves it there. she was welcomed into the orchestra with open arms. i think a school that offers activities such as orchestra is a school that wants students to be well rounded. it is a great school!!!

Posted February 22, 2008

Posted September 17, 2007

Albert S Johnston Elementary School 2

Posted August 16, 2007
Johnston has good potential, but it needs some strong direction. In the past this school had administrators who insured that discipline and academics were being meet at all grade levels. You could walk down the hall and see, hear, and feel a learning environment. Now when I take my grandchildren, it's a mess. Children walking hall, teachers seated behind the desk, yelling in the lunchroom, and no administrator in site. Some of the staff speak very negatively to both students and parents. Especially if a parent has a complaint. There are some teachers who are very warm and seem to care about the children learning, but very few. My grandchildren were in the 3rd and 5th grade. My overall experience was fair. The 3rd grade team seemed professional, but I had some concern with the 5th grade team. Overall I rate this school as unsatisfactory.

Posted June 03, 2007
Albert Sidney Johnston is an excellent school. The principal and teachers are caring and focused on every child learning. The building is beautiful. Parents feel welcome. My child loves going to Johnston.

Albert S Johnston Elementary School
2020 Mouser Street, Dallas, TX  75203
Last modified Albert S Johnston Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades 1, 3, 5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Albert S Johnston Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top