Posted August 22, 2013
Some teachers are awesome, and some of those awesome teachers have left & some have stayed. But the administration of the school seriously needs some help or in better words CHANGE. I had to take my daughter out of this school because of continuous upfront with the dissatisfaction I had toward the administrator of the school. If the teachers are constantly leaving red flag, their is something going on which is not being addressed. If your have the opportunity to send your child to another school go ahead and do it.

Posted July 13, 2012
The male PreK teacher is AWESOME! I am very proud of my daughter. She learned a lot from him. He proudly teaches with a touch of art and a little craziness. Too bad he never received help. I saw him several times stressed out about the lack of support from the administrators.

Kleberg Elementary School 4

Posted February 15, 2012
My daughter has been going here for 3 years now. So far I have been pleased with all of her teachers. The new assistant principal associates with the families and make them feel more welcome. My only complaint is that the school needs to do a better job on sending correspondence home on a timely manner, and not one day in advance (ex: Thanksgiving lunch with the kids).

Posted February 18, 2011
People fail to realize the challenges the teachers at Kleberg Elementary have to deal with. Most students fall below the poverty level.Teachers fund school supplies and little special things out of their own pockets...with no reimbursement. Many of the students have no permanent home,shuffle from home to home.The teachers sacrifice hours of their own time to help these children.The standardized test scores reflect this. This is the direct result of a state government that cuts school spending to the bone.

Kleberg Elementary School 0

Posted July 20, 2009
I think the school is great. As parents we have to be accountable to our kids and to the adults we entrust our kids to. Kleberg has struggled but most the kids there seem happy when I visit mine which is often. The fifth grade teachers are tough but they communicate with each other. Ms. Moore gives her number to all parents and I have called her myself several times. There aren't too many teachers like that anymore.

Posted March 05, 2009

Posted December 23, 2008
I know the school is under new leadership and it's about time. The last principal was absolutely horrible to this community. She made it a point to look down on anyone she felt that she was better than, which was most. My child lost a whole year of his education last year and that finally did it for me so I took him out. Just be careful, weak administration, horrible teachers, and even worse building.

Posted November 29, 2007
My child attended Kleberg in 2005 as a Kindergarten. I was unhappy with the Academic curriculum and leadership. My child was ahead of the other students and was not given work to her level. She was left to sit until the others were at Kinder level which taken the whole school year. We requested for her to be tested for TAG and nothing was ever done. We had several problems with the principal regarding other concerns. The principals leadership was very unprofessional. I am proud to say my daughter is at a better school.

Posted October 24, 2007
My child started here last year as a Pre-kindergarten. I am overall pleased with the school. All pre-k students that started school during the 2005-2006 school year are part of a new curriculum that was installed by DISD. I see the results and they are wonderful! My child will be tested for Talented & Gifted this winter! Sadly, the state rates the school based on TAKS scores by 3rd & 5th graders. That does not reflect what the other grades are doing. Please take note of this when you see the scores/ratings by TEA/STATE/Local boards.

Kleberg Elementary School 2

Posted September 29, 2007
My child was in a special education class room at Kleberg, and we hated it. He was always being ignored by the teacher, and so we pulled him out of the school. She is possibly the worst teacher in DISD; every time we went to the classroom, she was on the computer or doing her son's homework for him. She always claimed she was just looking it over but it was obvious she was doing the work for him. If this is how she 'teaches' her own child, imagine how well she teaches other people's children?!? I am very unhappy with the school, & lack of leadership. Whenever we did complain about her, we were told we were just over-reacting. Yeah, RIGHT!!!

Kleberg Elementary School
1450 Edd Road, Dallas, TX  75253
Last modified Kleberg Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Kleberg Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top