Bad
Good

We are very happy with Richard Lagow and recommend this school and commend the teachers on all the time they take to make sure no child is left behind. We give our phone numbers to the teachers and get their numbers on meet the teacher day. The teachers keep up posted when one of the kids struggle in math or reading and we work together to help our child at home while the teacher helps them at school. Unfortunately we are being forced by the redistricting to go to Kleburg Elementary and worry that per the reviews THEY (my kids) will suffer and not be challenged.

I agree totally with the prior reviews regarding the principal. She in my opinion, is not there for the parents or the children. She is hardly ever seen in the school and like myself until pointed out you would never know who she was. The load of homework and projects are way to much. The pick up and drop off and the systems in place or lack there of is beyond acceptiable. BUT,THE TEACHERS for the most part are wonderful!!!

The school is doing very well, one the teachers is doing an wonderful job: Ms. Rocha.

I am very pleased with the education at this school. The school has improved academically, it went from being academically acceptable to Recognized from the state. I want to compliment one teacher in particular, Ms. Rocha, she cares about the students and their education, and she also does a great job with maitaining excellent parent contact. I am very happy that my child goes to this school.

I do not agree withthe previous entry. I am a former parent of Lagow my child advanced from there to a junior magnet and than to a high school magnet all because the the staff and adminstration did not give up. They show caring and intellegence to the subjects thatare needed to succed. If not my child would have suffered. Thanks to the principal and staff.

Sorry this parent has to disagree there are some teachers that are good i have meet a few good ones, hope you are one of the good ones,

Richard Lagow does an excellent job educating all students with the lack of technology in the classrooms, organization, disciplinary consequences, and some large classes student peformance is improving. Isn't it GREAT that through it all, the teachers were able to make such fantastic gains.

I believe that the teachers are okay at this school. I don't think that the DISD at this school is doing enough on teaching and the homework my daughter brings home compared to other schools looks crappy. My daughter has gone to other schools such as mesquite and sanantonio tx isd and it seems to me they know were to put there money for the students. I don't think they do enough for safety as well. Students are rude and no manners are being taught. Bus drivers are rude. Unfortunately the school did not mention to me that one day my daughter was going to be staying after school for tutoring they did not pass out a note to the parents about this I don't know about the other parents but my daughter came home 2 hours later and I was scared to death. I thought something happen to her.

I feel that the principal is not involved in what's going on at this school. Some of the teachers do however neglect students with challenges. I had a very bad experience with a teacher and the principal at this school for the lack of providing my child with the academic assistance he required at the time. Finally, found a teacher there that was willing to give him the assistance he need to achieve. Therefore, I can say the principal is not there for the students but for a paycheck. Unfortunately, some not all of the teachers are have to work in a environment where the principal isn't giving them the backing they need to help our children.

Last modified Richard Lagow Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.