Posted June 05, 2014
This is a fantastic school if your child has any interest in Music, Art, Theatre or Dance, you we it to them to check it out. My son was accepted to the Arts Vanguard program in fourth grade. Not only have his Dance and Theatre teachers been wonderful, but the academics, classroom teachers, and TAG program have also been phenomenal. We will miss it here, but they prepared my son well, and he was accepted to the Greiner Middle School Theatre Academy program. The Administration here is great. They have always been responsive to any questions I have. They are very responsive to parental input, and both vice principals, and the principal are wonderful to work with. As for the comments about the school being "locked down" yes you now have to buzz to be let in the school. I don't think it solves anything, but it was in response to parental concerns, that it was impossible to monitor the MANY entrances and exits Lanier had. As for the bizarre comment that they don't allow volunteers, I volunteered every Thursday with a great program called Readers 2 Leaders. Parents in the Vanguard program are REQUIRED to put in a set number of volunteer hours. They are always glad to have volunteers.

Posted May 14, 2014
The administration as this school is unreal, they guard the doors like military police officers refusing to let parents in the school. I wonder what they are hiding.............

Posted April 29, 2014
This school has gone from a wonderful facility with a warm welcoming feeling for all. Now, the school is locked down with no one allowed in side the school at any time. Volunteers are not allowed to help anymore.

Sidney Lanier Expressive Arts Vang 3

Posted August 19, 2013
I was really hesitate about bringing my autistic child to a public school but after a lot of research I decided to try the school out and it was a great for my child and for me. Its a diamond in the rough school, the area looks scary but the school could be compared to 5 star school. Happy with the principle and teachers, are always there for me and my child when in need.

Posted May 14, 2013
There is a severe lack of communication at this school. The principal bullies the teachers and is rude to the parents. She comes in at 10:00 almost everyday. If I ask her about different programs at the school, she can't answer me and has to have another teacher answer for her. She hides in her office and rarely walks around the school. I have even seen her put her hand in a teacher's face, telling her she doesn't want to talk to her. She will yell at her teachers in front of the students/parents. What kind of example is she? What kind of "professional" does that? The teachers are what keeps this school running, because it for sure isn't that rude principal! This school could run itself. They really need to send the district out to observe her and question the teachers about this principal's behavior. And don't trust the PTA!

Posted October 15, 2012
The Principal at Sidney Lanier is one of the most remarkable leaders i have ever observed in education in Dallas. In spite of all odds, She has effectively led a team which has established an environment of artistic and intellectual breadth, deeply conducive to learning. An important facet of her courageous and creative leadership is her ability to nourish her staff as a family of professionals adhering to the highest standards of teaching. She should be a leader of potential leaders in the system. I was privileged to be their PFAD, October 9, 2012. It was an astonishing revelation of the real potential of this Dallas ISD system. Lanier shines as an extraordinary model of excellence within the Dallas ISD. Victoria Smith Downing

Posted August 13, 2010
I am a teacher at Sidney Lanier and love it!!! We are like a family and the students are our children. We take care of them as well as teach them. Fun while learning keeps all of us interested. Great school!

Posted July 20, 2009

Posted July 15, 2009

Posted January 05, 2009
This a great school with a hard working staff. A school that focuses on academics and the arts. What more could you ask for!

Sidney Lanier Expressive Arts Vang
1400 Walmsley Avenue, Dallas, TX  75208
Last modified Sidney Lanier Expressive Arts Vang is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sidney Lanier Expressive Arts Vang Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top