Bad
Good

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly agree

They have a no tolerance policy against bullying.

Supports LD students: Strongly agree

One of my children was diagnosed with dyslexia and the staff at Sydney Lanier had been amazing. The programs offered have been effective and quickly put in place.

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

Wonderful staff. The principal and vice principal are kind and effective. The students are taught leadership through strong work ethic and communication skills.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Each of my children's teachers have been excellent in every grade. They give each parent access to their cell phone to get a hold of them in the evening if you have questions about homework. You always have access to them after school. They are always willing to go the extra mile. Amazing teachers.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

Homework is appropriate every night for each of my children.

The curriculum, programs, and teachers are exceptional. I have not seen better anywhere. I am amazed at the dedication and the level of education that they are offering my kids. You do not see this in other schools.

This is a fantastic school if your child has any interest in Music, Art, Theatre or Dance, you we it to them to check it out. My son was accepted to the Arts Vanguard program in fourth grade. Not only have his Dance and Theatre teachers been wonderful, but the academics, classroom teachers, and TAG program have also been phenomenal. We will miss it here, but they prepared my son well, and he was accepted to the Greiner Middle School Theatre Academy program. The Administration here is great. They have always been responsive to any questions I have. They are very responsive to parental input, and both vice principals, and the principal are wonderful to work with. As for the comments about the school being "locked down" yes you now have to buzz to be let in the school. I don't think it solves anything, but it was in response to parental concerns, that it was impossible to monitor the MANY entrances and exits Lanier had. As for the bizarre comment that they don't allow volunteers, I volunteered every Thursday with a great program called Readers 2 Leaders. Parents in the Vanguard program are REQUIRED to put in a set number of volunteer hours. They are always glad to have volunteers.

The administration as this school is unreal, they guard the doors like military police officers refusing to let parents in the school. I wonder what they are hiding.............

This school has gone from a wonderful facility with a warm welcoming feeling for all. Now, the school is locked down with no one allowed in side the school at any time. Volunteers are not allowed to help anymore.

I was really hesitate about bringing my autistic child to a public school but after a lot of research I decided to try the school out and it was a great for my child and for me. Its a diamond in the rough school, the area looks scary but the school could be compared to 5 star school. Happy with the principle and teachers, are always there for me and my child when in need.

Last modified Sidney Lanier Expressive Arts Vang is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.