Dallas, TX

Posted September 17, 2014
We love the school. Our son is in the dual language program, loves the program and the school and is learning well. Beautiful facility, caring staff and growing PTA. Parent involvement rates are ticking up but would love if pace could be accelerated. Pleasantly surprised with everything else.

Posted March 28, 2014
My daughter is in kindergarten in the dual language program at Robert E Lee. She began school not knowing how to read more than a few words, but within a couple months she was reading books in both English and Spanish! The amount of material that she is learning other academic subjects and in the specials (art, music, etc) is equally impressive. Both her teacher and the principal are outstanding. They are motivated, enthusiastic, and innovative. Another benefit is the school size large enough to have the necessary resources, but small enough that everyone there seems to know my daughter s name. Like many parents, we were unsure whether to send our child to public or private school. We decided that we should at least try the public school, and I am so happy that we did!

Posted September 25, 2012
My kid's class size is 14. Teacher is enthusiastic. He loves it. I think while everybody was overcrowding Stonewall Jackson over the last few years, they ignored the fact this school has the district's concentration for improvement. And now, it's good and underpopulated. It's what Jackson was a few years ago. Minus the overcrowding from having been discovered. They were undergoing the absorption of another school at the beginning of this year, so that freaked out a lot of parents, but it's still a pretty sparsely populated, compared to other schools. There was some fluster on the first day, as they were still pinning down how they would establish where parents meet and drop off kids, and begin the daily routine. They had that hammered out within the first week. I admit that I was fairly concerned at first. But now that he's been going for awhile, and we've met the teacher and principle, I'm happy we found this secret-hidden-in-plain-sight.

Posted September 13, 2012
Wow, you gave the school a whole three weeks! Considering that the school has had to merge another entire school, without any firm numbers from the district with which they can plan, I think they have done admirably well. Some of the chaos now is not due to anything at the school, but is being pushed down by the district by requiring the teacher to be in training EVERY DAY from 3:30 to 4:?. It makes communicating with your teacher impossible. Yes, the principal stayed because the parents at Lee BEGGED her to stay out of fear caused by Bonham's declaration that they would come to Lee and make it the new Bonham. Lee is a proud, old school, with its own culture and wasn't willing to roll over and play dead.

Posted September 13, 2012
My kid loves Lee. I'll begin with that statement. In response to the disappointed parent who withdrew her child after 3 weeks of school, I'll say you didn't give Lee an opportunity. Lee's Principal is efficient, professional and dedicated. I agree with her statement that "your child is not the most important person in the world, and in the context in which she said it, it rings true. She runs a tight ship and everyone is better for it. The children adore her, even if the parents do not, because it is HER school and parents have issues with that - particularly entitled ones. The chaos of the first few days/week has settled down and it's time to work. Lee's hardworking, caring teachers will make sure our children get the best instruction available - bar none. Lee may not have the economic advantages that her neighboring schools have but she has something much more valuable and that is HEART. We may be a small school but we're a proud school. An exemplary school full of incredible students, teachers, parents and community. Too bad, so sad your quick exit is your child's loss.

Robert E Lee Elementary School 3

Posted September 11, 2012
I wanted this school to be good and maybe we didn't give it enough time. I withdrew my child from this school in the first trimester because of the disorganization and lack of enthusiasm from the principal. I still do not understand why the principal stayed when she was supposed to retire at the end of last year and she is obviously tired of being there. I think she was worried that the faculty from the neighboring school would all come to her school and it would make her look bad and so she stayed one more year and that seems rather selfish to me. We have decided that a school who's leader says at kinder round up that your child needs to learn that they are not the most important person in the world and to fall in line with everyone else is not the school for us. Our child is special and unique and we want her education to foster that individuality and not smother it. I think this school could be great with a new principal and more organized staff and some more parental involvement. If that changes I think it could be a Blue Ribbon school in the next few years.

Robert E Lee Elementary School 2

Posted February 27, 2012
I recently transferred my daughter to this school from a high performer school in this neighborhood but I quickly realized how much I'd regret this decision. First off the school secretary seems to have absolutely no knowledge of anything going on at the school. I still don't understand why have a person answer the phone whose answer to all questions is "I don't know". Secondly you'd be lucky if you received communication in regards to your child's progress or behavior. Another issue is the staff tends to lack basic skills on how to speak to a child/appropriate topics of conversations with a child. The previous is in reference to the librarian & the principal. I can go on but I don't think its even necessary. We plan to apply for a transfer for next school year but if we don't succeed with that route we will move again.

Robert E Lee Elementary School 4

Posted October 26, 2011
My daughter loves this school. This is her second year to attend Robert E. Lee and we feel very integrated into the school as a community. The teachers she has had so far have been really wonderful. She has learned so much in such a short period of time and we are grateful to have found such a wonderful school in the heart of Dallas.

Posted October 17, 2011
Robert E Lee is an awesome school to send your children to. Two of my kids go here and I can see a big difference this year compared to last year. Since the school has been rated as Exemplary, the teachers seem a lot more involved and they seem to care more about every child's progress. I love that it is a small school and that all the teachers seem to know every student and the principle really enjoys getting to know every child on a first name basis.

Posted April 11, 2010

Robert E Lee Elementary School
2911 Delmar Avenue, Dallas, TX  75206
Last modified Robert E Lee Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Robert E Lee Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top