Posted October 21, 2014
I really HATE the new changes at Lipscomb this year the parents are not welcome in the building they have a teacher at all the doors to make sure the parents do not get in the building. Most of the good teachers that has been here for years are gone. The Principal is cold and unwelcoming. This used to be a Exemplary school but now the standards barely gets Met no one wants to send their children here anymore. The PTA STINKS! I have nothing nice to say about them AT ALL! The worst of all the changes is the fact that the kids can not use the bathroom sink after they use the bathroom that is very Nasty and Unsanitary and CHEAP! I know DISD has enough money to pay the water bill for the kids to be able to use the sink after they use the bathroom but they want me to spend my hard earned money to supply them with hand sanitizer and wipes for every bathroom break every day WHY? When it's a perfectly good sink in the bathroom they can use and my son told me they have a guard in the bathroom to make sure they don't use the sink and my other son told me they will get in trouble if they use the soap and/or the sink and water. I will be transferring out my son's as soon as I am able.

Posted September 10, 2014
this school used to be all about the community and neighbourhood and WANTED parental involvement. but as of this year it is just the exact OPPOSITE! staff members run parents and family out of the school and away from the campus and even went as far as to lock the gates around the entire school causing a fire hazard if there were to be an emergency. also the drop off and pick up procedures are deplorable. I have 2 sons at lipscomb one is in kinder and one is in 3rd grade and it is disgusting the way they FORCE us to line up to drop off and pick up our kids. i am transferring BOTH my sons as soon as the new principal signs off on the form. i DO NOT recommend this school to any one. the pta is also disgusting!

William Lipscomb Elementary School 4

Posted September 03, 2014
We are very much welcome at the school, in fact encouraged to volunteer. The new security measures were put in place after the terrifying Sandy Hook incident and I am very thankful that we must all enter through a buzzer system. It is important to me that my children's security while in the care of Lipscomb is a priority. We are a recognized school as we have been for 5 years. We still need more parents to get involved but the school remains a great choice!

Posted September 03, 2014
WE LOVE THIS SCHOOL!!! My kids have been here since Pre K and they love it. Joined the PTA and we love the atmosphere of being welcomed all the time. The school always informs us about things going in the school via text, email. flyer and by word. Mrs. Cheek and Mrs. Briones are wonderful willing to talk and meet with us if we have issues . We are the little diamond in the rough in East Dallas and if you want a school that has a community feel this is your school!

Posted September 01, 2014
I have had two children at Lipscomb and this is the first year I am completely discouraged. The administration has locked all doors preventing all parents to interact in our child's educational career. It is really upsetting to know that they do not want us around. The one time happy, welcoming environment has now become very tense and uninviting. Our once exemplary school is now barely passing. It really is a shame. We have every intention of returning to private school very soon!

Posted April 29, 2014
We came from New York and it's my daughter first year in school. At first we didn't think it was a good school,but once my daughter went William Lipscomb we thought wrong. William Lipscomb is a great school, my daughter learned so many things, and my daughter is so happy to be in school

Posted January 13, 2014
Lipscomb has come along way since our children began attending. We have a new magnetic principal along with a perennially strong PTA. Teachers here care about their students and will work hard to meet their individual needs. Make an appointment with our Principal, Ms. Rodriquez, and find out how great Lipscomb has become.

William Lipscomb Elementary School 3

Posted September 26, 2013
my son is in first grade at this school and we were here last year as well..i liked both teachers but for the school very unorganized and they don't inform the parents of meetings or changes till the day of...i

Posted May 14, 2012
We have two children at Lipscomb -- a kindergartner and a 2nd grader -- and we've really fallen in love with this school. The teachers are energetic and obviously very dedicated to providing an amazing learning environment for the kids. The garden that was added last year is now fully planted and flourishing as an outdoor classroom. There are a number of extracurricular activities available, including Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, Choir, Guitar Club and soccer. Yes, there are many parents who don't speak English, but it's a diverse community and that's to be expected. The benefits of this friendly, historic neighborhood school far outweigh the drawbacks.

William Lipscomb Elementary School 4

Posted August 09, 2011
My daughter has attended Lipscomb Elementary from second to fourth grade and will be entering fifth grade there in a few weeks. She has thoroughly enjoyed every one of her teachers. They offer an excellent afterschool program as well for parents who work - a lifesaver for me as a single mother. I felt that almost all of the teachers, staff and volunteers at this school truly cared about the children. I'm not sure why there are so many complaints about the lack of extracurricular activities. My daughter was part of the Art club that met on Monday evenings, and she had plenty of other options to choose from: guitar club, acting club and cheerleading being some of them. The only drawback is that so many of the parents whose children attend the school don't speak English, so it's difficult to make friends with other parents here. The programs take twice as long, too, because they are conducted in both English and Spanish. Nevertheless, I'm glad my daughter has the opportunity to be amongst such diversity. It ought to be interesting to see who the new principal will be (Ms. Gonzales retired last year) and what direction she takes the school in.

William Lipscomb Elementary School
5801 Worth Street, Dallas, TX  75214
Last modified William Lipscomb Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
William Lipscomb Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top