J L Long Middle School 5

Posted March 19, 2014
Many parents would like their child in another schools but many children that are in in 5th grade their years continue what about your child many things have change this year many children move living their elementary school friends that they now for 7 years

Posted February 10, 2014
My sister goes to this school and it's the worst school ever! This will be the last year she will be there. The teachers are no good and just don't care about their students and behavior. I would NOT recommend this school!

Posted February 05, 2014
I would not consider this school to be a learning friendly school. The principal is wonderful and cutting edge with her ideas but unfortunately she is only one person fighting for and with a truly overly burdened school.

Posted December 11, 2013
This is my 7th consecutive year of being a parent at JL Long (my other kids have moved on to high school)...and after the last few weeks of some very poor communication and unprofessional actions on the administration's part...I no longer recommend this school. It has been a nightmare to say the least...and in my 18 years of being a DISD Parent I've never had to file a formal complaint until now.

Posted July 01, 2013
im a student there, and my life has been threatened! teachers are being fired for harassment, and the principle is rude and no respect for the people or staff! I've been bullied constantly with scars and bruises and the counselors send women who laugh every word u speak! my parents have threatened to sue the school for me being beaten in front of teachers! this school needs to be shut down fast!

J L Long Middle School 4

Posted July 19, 2012
My daughter is starting her third year and has had a good experience. She has enjoyed Pre-AP classes, sports, choir, science team. Staying informed just takes going out to the website and getting the e-newsletter. Looking forward to 2012 and more parent / community involvement. GO LONG!

Posted July 15, 2012
WORST SCHOOL I'VE EVER BEEN TO! The kids harass, the principal doesn't know anyhting, and the teachers don't care about you. At all.

Posted May 06, 2012
I HATE J.L. LONG!! I was bullied there ALOT and it took a long time for them to stop it. There are kid with drugs there to even in 6th grade. The only thing good about the school is some of its teachers including the choir teacher! The choir teacher was so much fun and i had a blast in her class!!! ~a student at jl long

Posted March 23, 2012
This school is horriable and they lable every student the same as a bad child. my sister came from a small town where she made ab honor roll every year to j.l long where she gets no kind of help by any of the teachers and they daily tell her she is bad and wont go far you dont tell a 13 year old girl these things. they have never taken the time to give her a honest chance from day one they did nothing but treat her like a bad child who all in all was just confused. horriable teachers and admin. and i cant wait to move and put her in a school that actually puts forth and effort to see the children do good in all aspects of life.,

J L Long Middle School 5

Posted March 06, 2012
Long now offers International Baccalaureate curriculum plus Mandarin Chinese. Excellent principal who grew up in the area and has her own child in the school - truly dedicated and I hope she will stay for many years, which I believe is her intention.

J L Long Middle School
6116 Reiger Avenue, Dallas, TX  75214
Last modified J L Long Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
J L Long Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 35 reviews.