B H Macon Elementary School 1

Posted December 15, 2014
Administration needs to change, Mr Bennett is rude to non English speakers. I was translating a conversation between him and a parent and he was just not pleased with the communication gap. The parent was tired of having to get the principal to help and the lack of communication due to language barrier makes for very unsatisfied parents that can't come here to this page and complain.

Posted August 22, 2009
My son attended this school for pre-k and first grade,he did not do very well, due to the teachers comparing notes about their students. Those teachers are no loner there. This 2008/2009 school year, both of my children attend this school, my son still struggles but my daughter is doing very good. What i do sugggest is tht these teacher pay closer attention to those studnts who are struggling, like my son. it took all 4th grades teachers until February to realize he was having trouble and considered him to take 'special resource' classes. I admit he did so much better with these classes. He grades improved and I'm xcited to see what hppens this year. I agree with some comments here, I attend some of the PTA meetings and can understnd the use of a spanish tranlator, but the 'english' speaking person used, speaks Spanish as a first lang.

Posted May 02, 2009
A very closs knit community school. When you enter the building you feel you are welcome. Very friendly and great leadership. The principal is very supportive. The school is a great success due staff teamwork and great students. I really believe this is one of the best schools in Dallas.

B H Macon Elementary School 5

Posted April 22, 2009
I have two of my kids currently attending this school and they have exceled so much. I think if you feel the PTA meetings are being geared more towards Hispanics that's because the majority of the PTA board members are hispanic. No other parents seem to get involved.

Posted April 09, 2009
My children was placed in this school in the middle of the year, which the change has been hard on them. My children are not adjusting well and my sons teacher is the only one that seems to be wanting to help. However, my daughters teacher i do not like so well. She scheduled a parent teachers conference and my daughter was in the class and the teacher could not fond anything nice to say about herand my daughter was crying buy the end of the meeting. I will be looking into hopefully getting them in to a new school next year where I will not have this problem. The princple on the other hand is really help and willing to help out if she thinks that se can fix the problem.

B H Macon Elementary School 2

Posted March 24, 2008

Posted February 29, 2008
My son was in speech therapy maybe once weekly after I had already let the school know that he had seen a speech therapist and no longer needed one. This took him out of valuable class time to do' practically nothing 'as I was told by him. He then got behind in his work. The teachers do care, but I think a few go a little overboard on the language and need to hold their tempers more. I know they get frustrated, but I think there should be a class for teachers who lose their tempers and need to learn better discipline themselves. Otherwise they seem to really try to make sure the students, or mine, get the assignments done. I think that they, like most teachers, are more concerned with the test scores and how it will reflect on the school. This is not the fault of the teacher.

B H Macon Elementary School 4

Posted April 20, 2006

B H Macon Elementary School 3

Posted June 21, 2005

B H Macon Elementary School 3

Posted June 20, 2005

B H Macon Elementary School
650 Holcomb Road, Dallas, TX  75217
Last modified B H Macon Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
B H Macon Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top