K B Polk Center For Academically T 3

Posted May 18, 2014
The school isn't what we were used to but It's okay For a Dallas Public school. Parent Involvement I will give a D-. There are only a hand full of volunteers and What one of the other parents said about it only involving when their child is in trouble. I would like to see a Better Pick up and Drop off System for the 14-15 school year and beyond. I would also like to see more Positive parent involvement and to see the students more focused on their academic goals. My daughter is a Honor and TAG student at this school but since it's a Vanguard school I would like it to reflect that in most of the students not the small 10-15%... The staff is great The front office person could use a bit more training. Not happy the Principal is leaving we will miss Mrs. Lewis. Some teachers are okay. But I can tell it's not a easy school to be at all of the time, However, I have seen a few instances where Teachers have kinda snapped at the students. That needs to change but a over all okay school. We as community could A lot better with the school and the ratings Could easily be a 7-10 Rating school Versus the 5 out of 10 rating. Okay but we could do a lot better as a whole for this school.

Posted February 13, 2014
My daughter is attending the 4th Grade Vanguard (TAG) at Polk, and she has had an amazing experience. The teachers have really motivated her to think outside the box and perform at her highest level. She was always a good student, but this year, we've seen her develop a real desire to excel, and I believe her teachers and fellow students at Polk have played a big role in that growth. There are not many extracurriculars available for the Vanguard kids who are mostly bussed into the school, and based on the PTA meetings I've attended, parent involvement is fairly low. However, it's really the teachers and administration that make this school great, and we do our extracurricular activities elsewhere.

Posted January 25, 2013
Polk is a true experience for the TAG student. The teachers in the program are genuinely instructing and preparing the students for the next level.. THE FOURTH GRADE TEACHERS ARE AWESOME!!!!!!

Posted October 29, 2011
i LOVE THIS SCHOOL THE IS MY 2ND YEAR HERE AND I LOVE IT THE ONLY PEOPLE I HATE IS MS.BELL AND AND OTHER T.A I LOVE TO GO TO CLASS EACH DAY AND I'M IN THE TALENTED AND GIFTED PROGRAM I THINK THAT IF YOU OR YOUR KIDS GO THERE THERE IS A LOT OF PROTECTS I LOVE THIS 5TH GRADE YEAR!

K B Polk Center For Academically T 0

Posted May 05, 2010
I love K B Polk .. Mrs Lewis and her stafff are the best ....

Posted January 19, 2009

Posted November 27, 2008

Posted November 26, 2008
I went here, and i think it's fantastic. I attended, Alex W. Spence TAG Academy afterwords, and now attend the Highschool For Health Professions at Townview Magnet. The teachers are really involved, and it definitely prepares you for academies and magnet schools in the future. You learn to be creative, and actually develop good friendships there. I met my best friends there 7 years ago we're still very close.

K B Polk Center For Academically T 1

Posted May 10, 2008

K B Polk Center For Academically T 4

Posted June 04, 2007

K B Polk Center For Academically T
6911 Victoria Avenue, Dallas, TX  75209
Last modified K B Polk Center For Academically T is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
K B Polk Center For Academically T Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top