Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered School leader (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted May 05, 2016
Preston Hollow has the BEST teachers on staff. Mrs. Grimm is amazing with her students. She is the Mom of the classroom. Her students love her and the students love all their teachers. Our teachers at Preston Hollow go above and beyond what is required of the job. It's not a job for them it's a passion and it speaks volumes.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted May 05, 2016
My child has never been overwhelmed or underwhelmed with homework while attending Preston Hollow. We have the perfect balance of homework and extra curricular activities at Preston Hollow.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted May 05, 2016
I have never seen my child more determined. The emphasis on education and character building is so amazing, it makes our students want to continue to do well. I did not see this in my child's prior educational experience but since we've been at Preston Hollow I can see it now.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted May 05, 2016
The goal of Preston Hollow is to educate and respect of self and others is part of that education at Preston Hollow. The teachers and staff are very respectful toward the students and as a result our children are learning from their example.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted May 05, 2016
Preston Hollow nurtures compassion, caring, and empathy in its students. It is the theme of Preston Hollow and that theme is to be a caring individual as well as part of a team. Preston Hollow defines the term No Child Left Behind. Preston Hollow cares and it shows.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted May 05, 2016
As an IB candidate school this is the theme of Preston Hollow. Each student is held accountable and each student is given the opportunity to convey their thoughts and feelings. Every child is offered and encouraged to participate and grow in their own educational processes.

Preston Hollow Elementary School 5

Posted May 05, 2016
In my opinion Preston Hollow is the jewel of DISD. Preston Hollow is very much involved in seeing that your child receives the best education available. The teachers and staff go above and beyond to help each student reach their maximum potential. From day one we were met with caring staff and questions for how they could improve our experience. I absolutely love this school.

Grateful to: School leader

Posted May 05, 2016
Preston Hollow Elementary school is without doubt the best elementary school I have ever experienced. Everyone from the Principal, staff and teachers make you and your child feel like you're home and you're part of the PHES family. The teachers and staff are devoted to your child's education and go above and beyond to insure that each child's needs are met. No child is left behind at this school. This school works at making your child's education it's number one priority and it shows. My child loves attending PHES and although I have an elementary school at the end of my street, I happily drive forty-five minutes one way across town to get my child to PHES for the outstanding educational experience this school provides. Thank you Mr. Brandt, Mrs. Gomez and all the Preston Hollow teachers, staff and parents for making Preston Hollow the exemplary educational experience it is today and for allowing us to be a part of the Preston Hollow family.

Preston Hollow Elementary School 5

Posted May 06, 2015
Love this school. The principal, the staff, the teachers are the best. Mrs wood ms french Mrs torres . my kids loves to go to school because of them this school is student centered most of the family is involved in many ways I am glad my kids going to this school

Preston Hollow Elementary School 4

Posted May 10, 2012
Our children have been in two schools rated 9's and 10's since we left PHE several years ago, and I can definitely say that the education they recieved at PHE was as good, if not better, as that at these higher-rated schools. (We also know first hand of PHE children testing very high when going into other schools.) I guess you could say that PHE is somewhat deficient because it does not have all of the resources (e.g., science labs, after school programs, etc.) that the higher-rated schools have. But if the children are learing to read, write, and do math at a high level, they will be to learn anything. And from my children's perspective, they did not see PHE as deficient. They enjoyed their time there and made many good friends. (They also think the PHE's Field Day is the best.) PHE is definitely a little gold nugget in DISD.

6423 Walnut Hill Ln, Dallas, TX  75230-5118
Last modified Preston Hollow Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.