Bad
Good

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Preston Hollow has the BEST teachers on staff. Mrs. Grimm is amazing with her students. She is the Mom of the classroom. Her students love her and the students love all their teachers. Our teachers at Preston Hollow go above and beyond what is required of the job. It's not a job for them it's a passion and it speaks volumes.

Amount of homework: Agree

My child has never been overwhelmed or underwhelmed with homework while attending Preston Hollow. We have the perfect balance of homework and extra curricular activities at Preston Hollow.

Develops character: Strongly agree

As an IB candidate school this is the theme of Preston Hollow. Each student is held accountable and each student is given the opportunity to convey their thoughts and feelings. Every child is offered and encouraged to participate and grow in their own educational processes.

In my opinion Preston Hollow is the jewel of DISD. Preston Hollow is very much involved in seeing that your child receives the best education available. The teachers and staff go above and beyond to help each student reach their maximum potential. From day one we were met with caring staff and questions for how they could improve our experience. I absolutely love this school.

Love this school. The principal, the staff, the teachers are the best. Mrs wood ms french Mrs torres . my kids loves to go to school because of them this school is student centered most of the family is involved in many ways I am glad my kids going to this school

Our children have been in two schools rated 9's and 10's since we left PHE several years ago, and I can definitely say that the education they recieved at PHE was as good, if not better, as that at these higher-rated schools. (We also know first hand of PHE children testing very high when going into other schools.) I guess you could say that PHE is somewhat deficient because it does not have all of the resources (e.g., science labs, after school programs, etc.) that the higher-rated schools have. But if the children are learing to read, write, and do math at a high level, they will be to learn anything. And from my children's perspective, they did not see PHE as deficient. They enjoyed their time there and made many good friends. (They also think the PHE's Field Day is the best.) PHE is definitely a little gold nugget in DISD.

My daughter is currently attending Preston Hollow. When I changed jobs two years ago I moved her to a private school closer to where I worked and I quickly realized that was a huge mistake. It literally set her back a year. Fortunately, the teachers at Preston Hollow were willing to work with her to bring her up to speed and she is now excelling in most subjects. In comparison to her peers, she is well above average and I attribute that to the taching staff of PHES. The PTA is phenominal and has provided the students with enrichment opportunities, computer lab equipment, software to help the children with their standardized test and so much more. These are things that most public schools don't have or can not afford because of the budget cuts. Our Principal was recently awarded Principal of the year, our couselor has received the Golden Apple award and the children are performing at or above recognized status. The music department is phenominal and extremely diverse, whcih is something I can appreciate. Overall, PHES is Great School that we will sincerely miss after next year.

I went to Preston Hollow k-6th grade. I am now a second year (junior because of hours). This school is absolutely amazing, especially for a DISD school. I was involved in the talented and gifted, competitive math, and multi-age programs. This school has a variety of excellent teachers who really pushed me to go above and beyond the expectations that I held for myself. Their math program is absolutely extraordinary. Going into college (at the University of Texas at Austin), I had already tested out of ALL of my math credits, and I trully believe that it has a lot to do with the great math base I developed early on. I am a complete neighborhood kid (Preston Hollow Elementary, Benjamin Franklin Middle, and Hillcrest High); hearing input from middle school peers who came from other elementary feeder schools leads me to believe that Preston Hollow is very safe environment.

Although, I can well afford to send my child to a private school, I elected to send my child to Preston Hollow to start her elementry schooling, as i did 40 yrs. ago. I figured in 'k' how bad could the public educational system be? Well after the first year and beginning '1st' I must tell you that Preston Hollow is as good as any private school! The discipline, cleanliness, the staff, the curriculum, and the parent participation is outstanding.

Preston Hollow is an affluent neighborhood where most children attend private schools. Four years ago we moved from private to public school. One can endlessly debate the pros/cons, but the students and their families are ultimately responsible for their education quality. Given their disparate scope, priority and goals, public vs. private comparisons are often inaccurate, unfair or irrelevant. We found Preston Hollow Elementary School to be safe, well-disciplined and nurturing, with ample opportunities to achieve academic excellence for those who are motivated, but those who feel that a school should somehow deliver excellence into their hands will be disappointed, as they should be.

Last modified Preston Hollow Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.