Posted August 10, 2014
A graduate with that kind of grammar?! Its our first year at this school. I hope it will be a good experience.

Summit International Preparatory 4

Posted August 02, 2014
I have three children going to this school.They're in 10th,9th and 7th. This school year 2014-2015 will be our fourth year here.The 1st year was tough.They complained a lot,But we sticked with it, my children love their school now.honestly we made a good choice it was either this school or sending them to Workman Jr or Sam Houston high. The school is not perfect,no school is.Disorganized sometimes,yes,but the intentions are good.Teachers :They're dedicated, example Mrs Brown 7 th very motivated!(I hope they pay her good!).They're opinionated, I disagreed with them sometimes and I will tell my children differently.we as parents instill values in our children not the school.everybody have different sets of values. The rest of the stuff like carlines, PTA or nothing to do with academic performances are irrelevant ways to rate the school. bottom line we send our kids to this school because we care about their future.If you're looking for all kind of attentions for your children go to private schools.this is a charter school closely resemble private school but tuition free and publicly funded,therefore the are some imperfections like any other schools.I highly recommend this school.

Posted July 02, 2014
I transfer school three times during my high school career. This school is my last stop. There are many reasons behind this. First, the education that is provided to the students are superb. Before coming to this school, I barely know how to write and the teacher taught me how during his spare time. At a regular public school of some sort, spare times for teacher would be at home or going shopping. Second, I was able to create a bond with my classmates. Our class had barely 30 students so getting to know them and their life was not that hard. Lastly, the connection with the teachers. I texted my teacher about a clownfish, class, and colleges, he was gladly to respond in about ten minutes even late at night. At other schools, teacher usually don't give out their numbers for purposes but at this school it was different. Due to these facts I have fallen in love with this school and decided to settle down. I am now a graduate of Summit and will never forget the memories [both fun and sad] that it have given me. Please ignore the claims about carline, PTA, and other non-education related claims, we don't go for school for those things, we come to school to gain an education. Dos.

Posted June 22, 2014
Commitment from teachers and staff to the education portion of School Life is amazing. The Road to College focus threads through all grades and field trips to colleges began this year, in our son's sixth grade year and our first year here. Communication outside that of directly with teachers, for lack if a better word, sucks. Parents are not spoonfed info and have to be resourceful. This is unfortunate, but considering the quality of education he is receiving, a burden I will muddle through. Sports programming is awful. They are moving from A to AAAA this coming year and given out experiences with sixth grade, I expect it will be a mess. Our son is an intense athlete, but that's not what we care about. We will peruse club sports to fill in the gap. Homework is intense, but he found a groove and achieved A/B honor roll the entire year. The new component of school, when constrasted to mainstream education, is that teachers are passionate about their subjects and seek out ways to transfer this passion to their students.

Posted May 21, 2014
My school is Summit International Preparatory school. I feel it is an excellent school because my son has made tremendous progress since he started at Summit. He had speech and comprehension problems when the school year started. Now, he is speaking clearly and his comprehension is so much better. I owe it all to the work his kindergarten teacher Mrs. Ray and I have done as a team to get him to this point. All schools have their challenges (carline, PTA, etc.), but if that is your only problem with the school, then you really don't have any "problems". Academics are the most important thing.

Posted May 20, 2014
Summit is an excellent school with the most dedicated teachers around. My expectation is to see growth in my children each year. Other parents posted complaints about disorganized school functions, PTA, carline, etc. I don't send my kids to school for those things. I send them to get an education and they are receiving an amazing education. One of the strengths of Summit is the amount of time the school takes to train their teachers and the ability to let under-performing teachers go. My kids have had life-changing teachers at Summit. Summit's expectations for their students are high. If your child has been at a different school for years, it can be an adjustment for them to keep up with homework and grades at first. I have three kids at Summit and the younger two have only been to Summit. I've watched families complain about the workload and pull their kids out. My kids rarely have more than 20 minutes of homework. I think that is because they are used to the rigor and have learned to to their work at school when given an opportunity. My sixth grader has 45 minutes every day to to do homework at school and rarely has to do any at home.

Summit International Preparatory 2

Posted March 03, 2014
This is our first year at Summit. Educationally, it's been fine. My son has learned to read well and do simple math in kindergarten. Far, far, far too much homework is given to kindergarteners. I have been very disappointed with the amount of screen time, as pointed out by a poster below. PE should not be a platform for movie time. Operationally, the school is a disaster. Functions are poorly planned and executed. Parking is extremely inadequate. The carline is an absolute nightmare. Many of the specials teachers and administrators of the primary school have inappropriate expectations for behavior of kids this age.

Posted February 27, 2014
Extremely unorganized. I don't think anyone there has any knowledge on how to run a school. I stopped going to any meetings or festivals because it's so ridiculous how No one knows what they're doing. If your child goes to the nurse, you don't get told about it. Hardly anyone follows the dress code but you Will get a phone call for having even nude nail Polish on. They lie about having smaller class sizes. My daughter has 24 students in her 1st grade class and there's No teacher aid. They show movies in art, music, and even PE Alot. They aren't educational ones either. I didn't choose this school for that, she can watch movies at home. I chose it so she could have a bit of a higher education. Teachers are great but can be disorganized too, I think the way the school is ran is to blame for that. I will let my daughter finish the year but this was a huge regret.

Posted October 25, 2013
The school is poorly ran. The organization for events is always a disaster. For example, grandparent's day breakfast and the awards assemby. I also called one day because my daughter was going to miss school and they said that I don't have to call them if she will miss. I found that a bit odd or like they weren't concerned. However, I love, love, LOVE my daughter's 1st grade teacher. She is amazing. She's very dedicated to teaching and helping her students learn. I love the weekly email she sends out letting the parent's know what's going on for the week.

Posted August 23, 2013
My son started going there this year and he loves it. The teachers are nice and are willing to help you with any question you might have. At first I wasn't sure about the school because I couldn't get any one to return my calls at first but I am glad that I stayed on it.

Summit International Preparatory
1825 Market Center Boulevard, Dallas, TX  75207
Last modified Summit International Preparatory is a Charter school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Summit International Preparatory Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top