Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)

Develops character: Strongly disagree

Watch the children and no what happens to them if or when they get hurt!!!!!

Very difficult to deal with a priciple that dismisses allegations. Parents be sure to always ask your kids about whats going on in the classroom and always trust your child if you know they dont make up stories. i was at the school almost everyday with my twins in pre k my son never could be still in class and was terminated i was a lil upset but got over it but i never put anything pass my 1st graders teacher. i thought she was nice until this year when she said over n over that this new teacher at her new school was nicer. i pray that no ones child goes thru what my child went thru at ray i just wish other parents would post the negativities about this school. dothank the kinder teacher that helped my child that was in pre k and the parents that warned me of some of the fake smiles. if teachers have a problem with understanding that allchildren are not alike then they should swith professions.

It's a shame that the test scores don't reflect what this school truly is. The outside of the building would scare anyone away, but the inside of the school is full of love. The teachers at Ray truly care, yes care about their students. Many go FAR above and beyond what they have to in order to make sure the kids not only learn, but have a safe and fun time doing it! Ray had three Principles in one school year. The current (and very new) Principle, Ms.Brown is taking the the bull by the horns. I have faith in the teachers and so far I have confidence in Ms.Brown to not only help raise the TAKS test scores, but to elevate Ray to live up to it's name as "The best school in the U.S.A"!

This is one of the best schools. My family has attended this school through 5 generations. This school has some of the best teachers around. The school is small but the knowledge taught there is huge.

It's funny how the positive posts are the ones that make it to this page. This is my third post about this school and I bet this one never gets put on the site either. My daughter attended this school in 2005 & 2006 and I had to get her transferred because of the lack of supervision. She is biracial and did not fit in because of this. When she did get picked on, nothing was ever done and it continued to happen to the point of me getting her a transfer. Now that I have put her in another school she has not had one problem. Its amazing how much a school with great staff and supervision can influence the students behavior. I would never send her to a school like JW Ray on purpose.

I am alumni from Ray & wanted to my son to be a part of the same excellence. This school has alot of room for improvement. It's not the same that I came from. My son has attended K, which was ok; parent involvement is a must!! My son is advanced and wasn't able to enroll a year prior due to him missing the age requirement by a few weeks. His K teacher Ms.Bahannon was good & I appreciated her recognizing kids are not all on the same level & supported his growth. I allowed him to stay for 1st grade because of Ms.Hill, who is truly wonderful. Not only does she stress the importance of advance education, the kids understand respect & truly being good individuals in society. We also love Ms. KIzzee, Talented & Gift Program who exposes them to unlimited possibilities as they continue to accept challenges.

Last modified J W Ray Learning Center is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.