Posted April 29, 2010
Superior educators. I attended this school as a child and now my child attends and it's just as great now as it was when I was going. Keep up the excellent work.

Posted January 12, 2006
- a former student

Joseph J Rhoads Learning Center 4

Posted January 07, 2006
The academic programs are exemplary. This schools has music, art, piano, and band. Through grants and other fundings it also has a chess club, basketball and a track team. The parent involvement could be better but overall the staff fills in the gaps.

Posted July 08, 2005
Good school....Great extra curriculars and caring teachers and staff.

Joseph J Rhoads Learning Center 3

Posted June 21, 2005

Joseph J Rhoads Learning Center 2

Posted January 25, 2005
- a staff
The academic appeal of this school is below average. The students are not learning or being taught enough to survive in today's society. Extra-curricular activities are plentiful and quite great. Parents are not as involved as need be therefore no one is made to accountable for learning and achievement.

Posted May 11, 2004
We as parents are not to hold the school responsible for everyday learning at school. Parent needs to stay involved and they will be well informed as to what is going on at school. Take time off for a day and spend it with your child. If you have a prek-6th grader communication is not always effective through your child. Don't just call or show up when something is going wrong, do it because your child is in a learning center and because you care and love your child. One more thing learning starts from home. Teachers can't teach everything in 8 hours and expect the student to catch on, that is why it is important that we as parents assist our teachers and children in the everyday mechanics of learning and applying their everyday communication skills. How about this? Ask your child what have you learned today? Did you understand the concept of the learning that was applied? If not, then that is where you should come in and continue assisting your child at home. If you don't understand, then go to the teacher and they will help you understand. I am pretty sure they accept (good/bad) criticism real well. Don't be afraid to get involved in your child learning techniques. I really learn a lot from Joseph J. Rhoads parents, faculty and even some of the students (past and present).

Joseph J Rhoads Learning Center 2

Posted May 06, 2004
I will be sending my kids back to their old school. This is one of the worst schools in Texas. My sons talk more about the kids cussing and all the fights they have then what they have learned that day. Everyone has excuses but nothing has improved and I am not waiting for something really bad to happen to my children before I transfer them.

Joseph J Rhoads Learning Center 3

Posted December 29, 2003
It is my opinion as well that the school does not communicate well with kid's parents. Specifically, the children's daily life at school, areas that need improvement, and important tests (such as the Benchmark test) that any parent would be interested in knowing about. I had to find out from my 6 year old that he'd taken a 'Bench Mark' test. To this day, we have not received any type of notification about the test, the results, what skills were tested, etc. I will have to inquire after the holiday.

Joseph J Rhoads Learning Center
4401 South 2nd Avenue, Dallas, TX  75210
Last modified Joseph J Rhoads Learning Center is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Joseph J Rhoads Learning Center Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews.