Dallas, TX

Posted April 15, 2015
My daughter has been attending Alex Sanger for a year and a half now and we couldn't be happier! Prior to Sanger, she went to Lakewood Elementary where her outside of the box thinking and willingness to challenge teachers was not accepted. After countless parent/teacher/principal meetings there, we finally withdrew her and put her into Sanger. I had read the wonderful parent reviews and while a little reluctant to enroll her due to low GreatSchools rating, I was overall comfortable with my decision. They have been astoundingly accepting of my daughter and she was entered into the TAG program immediately. I have seen her grow to to be a great leader with an incredible heart. The majority of the teachers really take the time to get to know the kids for who they truly are. I can't speak enough good things about Mrs. Harris (3rd Grade)!! She has been a fabulous mentor and coach to my daughter to which I am forever grateful!!

Posted December 10, 2014
The dual immersion program really works. My daughter is absorbing Spanish like a sponge. She wakes up every morning excited to go to school and comes home happy to report about her day. Her reading and writing skills are grown tremendously and we couldn't be more pleased.

Alex Sanger Elementary School 4

Posted August 27, 2014
Alex Sanger is a terrific neighborhood school with an amazing principal and staff and hard working PTA. My kids have made many wonderful friends and enjoy all sorts of activities from art club to choir to strings. No regrets at all for choosing this public school!

Posted June 07, 2014
My children just completed their third year at Sanger, and it was great! The dual language program is wonderful. The PTA is strong and active. The teachers and principles really care. The learning garden is beautiful. The sports teams are winners. We really love our school, and can't wait for the next school year!

Posted March 05, 2014
Sanger is awesome. As everyone else we too struggled with the decision to send our son to public school. He started Kindergarten in August 2013 and I kid you not when I say we have not looked back. The principal Mr. Martinez,his staff and the PTA have blown us away in terms of individual student attention, curriculum and overall pleasant culture in the school. Carpool is a breeze, students are addressed by their names, the facilities are clean, I know he is safe there and not even 7 months into the school year he reads and writes and most importantly loves going to school. There are 13 kids in his class; tell me where else you can still have that student to teacher ratio.

Posted January 14, 2014
Este es el ultimo grado de mi hija en esta escuela ha estado aqui desde 3er grado, cuando supe de esta escuela pedi su transferencia ya que ni le correspondia, me siento triste al saber que pronto no estara mas aqui, si hubier sabido antes de esta escuela hubiera cursado toda su elementary aqui, el personal es excelente, Ms. arreguin es una persona muy amable y coperativa, las maestr@s que mi hija ha tenido puedo decir que tienen mucha calidad y responsabilidad lo puedo verr en los grados de mi hija, el principal siempre esta al pendiente de lo que sucede o necesitamos.. Mil gracias Alex Sanger x esta hermosa oportunidad que le brindaron a mi hija..

Posted December 18, 2013
This a great school! The new principal and assistant principal are both energetic, down-to-earth and always available. The dual language program is excellent and I believe will prepare my english speaking kids for a global economy. The cultural diversity is vibrant and is one of the best qualities of this school. There are so many after school activities my kids have a hard time choosing between the available clubs: journalism, art, garden, choir, violin, sports, Destination Imagination, etc. My sons have easily made friends. The teachers are warm and creative. Parental involvement is welcomed and appreciated. Sanger Elem. is a secret gem in our neighborhood.

Alex Sanger Elementary School 4

Posted October 29, 2013
After trying a charter school in OakCliff twelve years ago I made the decision to bring my son home. My second child now seventeen has always been homeschooled. When we had our third we made the decision to try a public school and moved to accommodate that decision. What a great decision It has been. Sanger is darling! Our daughter is learning and growing and being loved by so many in this community. I too am impressed every time Mr. Martinez calls each child by name. The extracurricular activities and dual-language are just icing on the cake. After raising children for twenty years I know nothing will be perfect but, again have been so pleased in every way.

Posted October 29, 2013
My daughter started kindergarten this year and was supposed to go to private school but we were unable to make the deadline and, as parents, were very reluctant and uneasy about public schools.... especially DISD public schools but Alex Sanger Elementary, the teachers, staff, PTA (which I am a part of), and overall community have exceeded our expectations and made us feel fantastic and secure in our daughter's safety, education, and well-being. Her teacher is wonderful about communicating curriculum and activities and allows me to be as involved as I want to be... it's even encouraged! The staff keeps the kids safe by locking entrances and buzzing in parents and standing with the children until a parent or approved guardian comes to pick them up from the line behind the teacher. Super safe, incredible teacher and staff, great curriculum, and outstanding school!

Posted October 29, 2013
Alex Sanger is OUTSTANDING! My daughter has been there three years and she LOVES it! The teachers have been wonerful and Principal Martinez is helpful, caring and active on a daily basis. There is a large energetic parent body that works hard to make the school the best it can be. We are fortunate to have the ability to be able to send our daughter to any private school in Dallas but we choose to go to our neighborhood school and it has been the best decision we have EVER made! If you have a chance to go to Sanger DO IT! You will never regret it!

Alex Sanger Elementary School
8410 San Leandro Drive, Dallas, TX  75218
Last modified Alex Sanger Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Alex Sanger Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 39 reviews. Top