Bad
Good

I must admit after reading some of the reviews I didn't want my daughter to go. I've been trying to get my kids into this school for almost 2 years and would have missed the chance for my daughter to go to a much better public school than the one provided by DISD listening to the reviews of other parents. The whole school system is a work in progress but my daughters teachers are excellent. I get weekly emails of her grades and behavior and they offer a lot of different activities on campus other than sports. The teachers and administration have there hands full dealing with the neighborhood that it is located in. As a proud parent of 2 children, we as parents must know learning starts at home and school is not a daycare for our children. The teachers should be able to count on every parent that has a child that attends and should hold them accountable for thier childs behavior. That goes for any schools system and every parent. Keep up the good work Teachers and Staff. It means a lot when you can still find some teachers that actually care about the students they teach and not just a paycheck.

Parents, if you are considering sending your child here, DONT! Its not worth the hassle. I sent my eldest son here last year and it was awful. Poorly run, bad teachers, misbehaving students, non-challenging academics and no evidence that Uplift is trying to remedy these issues. I didn't want my children to suffer another year of unsatisfactory education from Hampton.

My son attended this school in the 7th and 8th grades,but will not return this year. overall i was very disappointed, particularly with the teacher turnover. they would constantly switch teachers from one curriculum or grade level to the next, this interruption resulted in teaching inconsistencies and learning gaps. they would have to scramble and push at the end of the year to prepare the students for the TAKS not only was this unfair to the students, but it was unfair to the teachers too. My hope is that the new leadership will do whatever they can to keep the GOOD teachers and weed out the bad. I wish them the best, as the school has the potential to be great, but it must start with the leadership.

My son attended last year for 6th grade, but will not return. This school is growing and has the potential to one day be great, but is not quite there yet. The staff is not very responsive to the needs and requests of parents and seems to ignore requests for communication. The promise of introduction to college prep activities were not fulfilled and the sports activities are extremely disorganized at best. Also, the curriculum is below the level of the public shcool system that my child came from. I hope that with the new administrative staff things will improve.

This school has a long way to go. My child has been attending for two years & will not be returning for a third year. College Prep it is not. The staff doesn't do simple things like return phone calls or emails. The teachers are doing the best they can with what they have, but most of the classes are out of control.

Last modified Uplift Education-Hampton Prep Midd is a Charter school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.