Dallas, TX
Students enrolled: 1,238

Posted April 02, 2010
Im a junior at Seagoville, and my opinion about this school is that its very poor. We dont have enough money and our principal or school board isnt doing anything about it. The school is falling apart, teachers and staff are to worried about our dress code when they should be worried about us actually going to tutoring or turning in homework. TAKS is a big deal in our school now a days, but its only because our teachers dnt want to loose there jobs. We need better MATH teachers i havent passed my math TAKS for 2 years but every year i get stuck with a new teacher or one who doesnt know how to teach, and maybe you think i dont know what im talking about, but im the student and ive been going to school for 12 years i think i know what im talking about.

Seagoville High School

Posted March 09, 2010
I have 1 child in this school. He tells me of fights almost everyday.I've even seen a fight happening in the front of the school and called the office and they told me since it was after 4:00 they couldn't do anything! It was on school grounds! I do think some of the staff needs to be replaced, most of the kids don't want to go there. But its because of the way its run, I know of many that are trying to get transfered to different schools, to learn and be taught.

Posted March 08, 2010
there is a bad combination of students who don't care and teachers who don't care. until the school is able to find a solution to this, it is going to continue to decline in acidemics and behavior. there are tyrants at this school abusing their power and it makes us (the students) not want to be apart of this mess called seagoville.

Seagoville High School 3

Posted July 26, 2009
I think the school is good. I think that there are very rude teachers i am not saying this because i am a student but even parents think this. Its not all the teachers but about 70% of them. I think the drillteam & band have inproved tremediously! I I think that more parents should be involved & not just some of the parents do everything. I think if the students seen there parents actually care about the school maybe that would help them. I think that we also need to not have such strict rules when it comes to dress code we come to school to learn not to be told every 5min to tuck our shirts in or you cant wear a white belt. That stuff does not matter. They need to worry more about our education rather than what we are wearing.

Seagoville High School 3

Posted June 03, 2009
We are a good school... i just think more teachers should care about the students who do poorly academically.

Seagoville High School 1

Posted January 09, 2009
I have daughter going on her first 2 yrs and 1 foster on his first yr. This school has fail twice in a row the TAKS test. This school is low on staff, very rude teachers (at least the one's my kids have), disrespectful, feel like the teachers are unable to handle students with situations. Very poor testing, 110% behavioral issues, and what gets me the most is them detectors, why have them only in front of school and not at other incoming doors, they are still going to bring items in areas (side door, back & other doors) that don't have detectors, just dont get it. All about meeting the min. requirments just to stay aflot. Teachers are not involved more with students, they are not providing in time information to parents. And the most issue are the staff in office, administration (very disrespectful), there are alot more issues.

Seagoville High School 4

Posted November 26, 2008
basically it is a good school but what i consider the best thing is that they have the jrotc program wich is way too much better than in other schools... there are some really good teachers like SFC Young just to mention one. They have some great ninos and the current principal is so nice!

Seagoville High School 5

Posted August 25, 2008
I loved attending Seagoville I graduated in 08' my mom went there and most of my aunts and uncles. I am now attending college and Seagoville helped me alot. I took AP classes and the teachers were great. They really took the time to understand you as a person. -Misti Raye

Seagoville High School 5

Posted May 12, 2008
I love Seagoville, the teachers' and principals' are great and excellent mentors' for the students and the community.

Posted February 07, 2008
I graduated this school in May 2007. Things might have changed since then but i Highly doubt it. This school has structual problems in the staff as well as in the building itself. The teachers there were great at teaching and controling the students. Overall this school isn't dangerous like other disd schools. But they should do more in preparing students for life, I have learned more in the short time i've had out of the school than in the four yours in it.

Seagoville High School
15920 Seagoville Road, Dallas, TX  75253
Last modified Seagoville High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Seagoville High School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 44 reviews. Top