Bad
Good

I have two children that are currently in the sixth grade and attend Seagoville Middle School. I was nervous at first send them to middle school. My nervousness lasted only a week. The teachers strive to make our children a success in school. I have a great communication will all my children's teachers. Principal Washington along with her strong successful teachers and admin staff have really lifted this school to an amazing level. Keep up the outstanding work!!!

As a parent of a child of thatvwent to this school I can honestly say I have never been to a more disorganized school then seagoville ms. I cannot belive how unqualified the teachers and staff are. Its so sad to see that these people were responsible for my childs education. Bullying was very high but they seemed to turn a blind eye because they are so lazy.this school needs a new principal that actually cares because the new one straight out seems mental and is full of it.

The experience I had at the school was horrible. The teachers are lost. Instead of taking the time out for their student they rather send the home. On top of that they suspended them n still mark them absence.... I have been to court twice because they just will not do their job...please choose another school because this is not the one.. My son will not be there for his 7th grade yr.

This like this school ,because it pushes you to try to do your best unlike other disc school districts.

In 2012, I was invited to be principal for the day at SMS. I was quite shocked at the attitude displayed by both the office staff and administration. The environment was unpleasant and not conducive to learning. This year, I received a personal invitation from one of DISDs Trustees to be principal for the day again and I CANNOT TELL YOU WHAT A WONDERFUL, UPLIFTING EXPERIENCE IT WAS! Not only was the office staff warm and welcoming, the new principal is really top-notch and on the ball! I witnessed teachers who wanted to teach engaging students who wanted to learn! There was organization, participation and enthusiasm from both sides! I would encourage anyone who had a negative experience with SMS in the past to pay them a visit. I think you will be pleasantly surprised!

This school is a joke. Parents please understand that this school is just a daycare so you can go to work. My child was not safe at this school and its sad that this school just cant get it right. I found another school for my child to go to. I wont nothing to do with DISD. I wish Seagoville would build more schools so that they can have their own district. Seagoville Middle school needs to shut down, because its awful.

This is a bad school. If you care about your kids you won't send them here. not even the school counselor can be trusted.

I think this school is good for me. I have a lot of friends here and every morning I wake up and i say "I can't wait till' i go to school!"

This school is absolutely horrible! Never, and I mean never enroll a child here if you have a choice. This school is more worried about what type of back pack you have, and the dress code. It is not cleaned properly and the staff is dreadful. They do not teach students properly, instead they spend their time yelling at us when they haven't even made an attempt to teach us. If you don't believe me, ask some of the parents. They know what goes on here, and not many of them like it. I'm a 6th grade student at Seagoville Middle School, I'm also one of the best students in the 6th grade, with an A honor roll and almost perfect record, yet this is the worst school I have EVER seen in my life.

its more like a prison. My kids hate it and now I see why. The staff doesn't seem to care about the comfort of the kids in any way, which can hurt the learning. Also too many bullies from what my kids say.

Last modified Seagoville Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.