Posted June 11, 2014
As a parent of a child of thatvwent to this school I can honestly say I have never been to a more disorganized school then seagoville ms. I cannot belive how unqualified the teachers and staff are. Its so sad to see that these people were responsible for my childs education. Bullying was very high but they seemed to turn a blind eye because they are so lazy.this school needs a new principal that actually cares because the new one straight out seems mental and is full of it.

Posted June 09, 2014
The experience I had at the school was horrible. The teachers are lost. Instead of taking the time out for their student they rather send the home. On top of that they suspended them n still mark them absence.... I have been to court twice because they just will not do their job...please choose another school because this is not the one.. My son will not be there for his 7th grade yr.

Seagoville Middle School 5

Posted November 05, 2013
In 2012, I was invited to be principal for the day at SMS. I was quite shocked at the attitude displayed by both the office staff and administration. The environment was unpleasant and not conducive to learning. This year, I received a personal invitation from one of DISDs Trustees to be principal for the day again and I CANNOT TELL YOU WHAT A WONDERFUL, UPLIFTING EXPERIENCE IT WAS! Not only was the office staff warm and welcoming, the new principal is really top-notch and on the ball! I witnessed teachers who wanted to teach engaging students who wanted to learn! There was organization, participation and enthusiasm from both sides! I would encourage anyone who had a negative experience with SMS in the past to pay them a visit. I think you will be pleasantly surprised!

Posted October 12, 2012
This school is a joke. Parents please understand that this school is just a daycare so you can go to work. My child was not safe at this school and its sad that this school just cant get it right. I found another school for my child to go to. I wont nothing to do with DISD. I wish Seagoville would build more schools so that they can have their own district. Seagoville Middle school needs to shut down, because its awful.

Posted February 20, 2012
This is a bad school. If you care about your kids you won't send them here. not even the school counselor can be trusted.

Seagoville Middle School 5

Posted February 09, 2012
I think this school is good for me. I have a lot of friends here and every morning I wake up and i say "I can't wait till' i go to school!"

Posted November 09, 2011
This school is absolutely horrible! Never, and I mean never enroll a child here if you have a choice. This school is more worried about what type of back pack you have, and the dress code. It is not cleaned properly and the staff is dreadful. They do not teach students properly, instead they spend their time yelling at us when they haven't even made an attempt to teach us. If you don't believe me, ask some of the parents. They know what goes on here, and not many of them like it. I'm a 6th grade student at Seagoville Middle School, I'm also one of the best students in the 6th grade, with an A honor roll and almost perfect record, yet this is the worst school I have EVER seen in my life.

Posted September 01, 2011
its more like a prison. My kids hate it and now I see why. The staff doesn't seem to care about the comfort of the kids in any way, which can hurt the learning. Also too many bullies from what my kids say.

Posted March 23, 2011
what ever you do do not enroll your students in this school i am a 7th garde student and i have a story on my 3rd day of school at seagoville middle i was still getting used to my schedule considering my classes were on differnt floors i forgot where a 7th grade texas studies when the bell cought me by a few seconds when i approached the room he told me to go get a detention bieng the person i am i asked no questions and did when i returned he asked where i was and i rold him tht he had told meto get a detention he replied oh im sorry teachers mistake o well those are the rules a week passed and no notification until i recieved a 2 hour detention apauled u glared at it what was the reason?failed to attend 1 hour detention when i hadnt ever recieved a detention date after school i darted to the office to complain when i complained the woman at the desk told me tht the wouled be "pi*ssed" if she had to pull it up and threatened me to extend my detention time if i recieved a notification well i hadnt she apoligized and said not to worry she will take care of it because of my honest. this was 3 weeks ago . . . today i recieved a administrative detention for"skipping" the 2 hour one

Seagoville Middle School 3

Posted February 26, 2011
Most of the teachers are dedicated, hard working and care for the students. The problem is with the administration. The principal is ill and unable to fulfill her duties adequately. The assistant dean is incompetent and harasses the teachers. She also favors certain teachers over others and tampers with the test scores to make her favorites have higher scores.

Seagoville Middle School
950 North Woody Road, Dallas, TX  75253
Last modified Seagoville Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Seagoville Middle School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top