Posted June 03, 2014
One of the best schools in the Dallas area. The teachers are dedicated and really love working with the students. Unlike some of the magnet schools in Dallas, it is part of a neighborhood middle school so the students have access to all the sports, music, and clubs that a traditional school has to offer. My son was academically challenged and loved going to school. I had ample opportunity to get involved in things going on at school. They went on 5 field trips each year, there is a parent organization that supports the TAG program and regular PTA. We had a great experience!

Alex W Spence Talented/Gifted Academy 4

Posted June 17, 2013
My still attending alex w. spence this will be my second year attendingmin the tag program i will be a 7th grader. I love the school the teachers are great and the only problem i have is that the two schools are mixed together and the cummunity kids are bad and annoying.

Posted March 16, 2013
I am currently attending Townview TAG, and I attended all three years of my middle school at Spence. Spence was the best school I ever went to, and this rating is way too low to actually show the potential and greatness of the school. I attended the TAG section, and I learned a lot. It was a fun and educational experience that I wouldn't give up for anything, and our score, in the TAG section, are much higher than shown on this website.

Posted November 29, 2012
I am currently a sophomore at Woodrow wilson attending the IB academy there. I went through all three years of middle school at Spence in TAG. Above all Spence taught me the world isn't just black and white, being mixed with the community school at first was rough and I will admit it was Never easy but i know it made me a better person. Aside from that I found my passion for the military here and I realized that when i apply myself i really am incredibly smart. All of the happened because of the great teachers that stood as role models and mentors for me and I am ever grateful.

Posted April 29, 2012
Spence TAG program isn't recognized or as acknowledged as Travis because they mix the TAG and community grades and scores together. So its as if we arent getting the appreciation we deserve. Spence TAG Rox!!!!!

Alex W Spence Talented/Gifted Academy 4

Posted August 23, 2011
The TAG Academy is absolutely amazing. The teachers all like to have fun and actually care about whether you pass or fail. I've attended this school since sixth grade and now I'm an eighth grader. The reason they say this school sucks is because of the community school. They joined the community school and TAG academy into one, so our TAKS scores might seem horrible, but like I said above, the community school and TAG academy count as one. There are also many activities students can do there. If your child has good behavior and is hard working, I would recommend this school. I warn you that the community school makes us look bad.

Posted May 29, 2011
You can look at any school's TAKS scores broken down into what is referred to as "sub-populations." Go back to the screen on this site that says "TAKS Scores" and below it is says "TAKS Scores by Group." Click on that. It is broken down into every possible group including by gender, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, special education, and, voila', gifted and talented.

Posted December 02, 2010
i chose soence over travis because of the diversity even though we are mixed with the community school it brings a great balance that travis doesnt have. everyon is friendly and welcoming i know a girl who went to travis in 5th grade and she hated it she told mre how spence makes her alot happier. though it may seem that are grades arent as high its only because they average it with the community school but overall the tag academy is just as good and maybe even better than any other academy.

Alex W Spence Talented/Gifted Academy 0

Posted November 08, 2010
The teachers are always ready and available to help the student.

Alex W Spence Talented/Gifted Academy 0

Posted October 27, 2010
The Talented and Gifted program is a hidden gem in the Dallas Independent School system- There testing is not listed separately from the community school so looking just at "the numbers" will not give you an accurate view of the school.

Alex W Spence Talented/Gifted Academy
4001 Capitol Avenue, Dallas, TX  75204
Last modified Alex W Spence Talented/Gifted Academy is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Alex W Spence Talented/Gifted Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 45 reviews. Top