Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (7 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (6 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)

Stonewall is an excellent school. The quality of instruction and amazing and supportive dynamic between the administration, teachers, parents and the community make it one of the best elementary schools in Dallas.

Thankful that my children have are able to attend this incredible school. The teachers and staff are so dedicated and really do a solid job of instilling a love of learning starting the Kinder year. We love the active parent community and are amazed at the parent / teacher support we see on a daily basis. Mrs. Schiff is doing a tremendous job of leading Stonewall in the right direction!

Stonewall has been an amazing place for our daughters to learn. The garden program is fantastic and teaches science in a hands on outdoor lab. The teachers are caring and dedicated. We couldn't ask for a better school for our children.

Amount of homework: Agree

I think the homework expectations are reasonable. My children can finish it quickly each day and the homework seems to reinforce the lessons of the day.

We love Stonewall! We love the small town family feel this school community offers while living in the Big City!! The parent involvement is incredible and the teachers level of commitment and hard work have helped our child thrive. We have been impressed with the principal and her desire in continuing to make great things happen at Stonewall.

It is our daughter's 3rd year attending SJE. She has had a great experience here. The teachers, the kiddos, the administration, the parents are all top notch folks.

I have a 5th grader and a 3rd grader at Stonewall. My fifth grader started here in Kinder, so this is our 6th year. Stonewall has an amazing group of educators who care DEEPLY about the education of our children. One of the things I love about Stonewall is that the education is well rounded. For example, while our science teachers take the kids to the garden each week (our outdoor learning lab) the kids aren't just practicing science. They are observing, drawing, writing, measuring, calculating and experimenting. Time in the garden enhances learning in science, math, art, language/writing and social studies. Another unique feature is that Stonewall is the regional school for the deaf. All children learn some sign language and learn about deaf culture alongside their hearing impaired peers. A challenge faced by Stonewall is that many (most) of the kids come from higher level socioeconomic families. This means that the school receives less funding than its other public school peers. This means that fundraisers are essential to provide the tools needed for our kids to learn and continue to excel. As public school budgets become tighter and tighter, "extras" (like our school garden) are now funded by non-profit entities instead of the school district. The school is somewhat dependent on the community to provide the resources needed to allow this school to develop our kiddos into the best citizens they can be.

Stonewall Jackson Elementary is a wonderful school with top notch teachers, administration, and students. Parent and community involvement is unparalleled. Additionally, the 20,000 sq ft outdoor classroom found in Stonewall Gardens, provides meaningful and hands on learning.

We have been at Stonewall for 6 years now and have had the best experience. The teachers at Stonewall are amazing and the new principal Ms Schiff has exceeded our expectations. This is such an amazing neighborhood school and the community feel that comes with it is such a bonus. We love being a Stonewall Star Family!!!

I'm giving Stonewall four stars based on a bullying incident that happened to my kindergartener at the end of the year and how the administration ( principal and executive director) handled the situation. I understand that these types of incidents do occur however my sense is that the response and follow-up to the incident was not in porportion to the gravity of the incident itself; I feel it was not handled with the proper seriousness it demanded and dismissed far too quickly. I do not pretend to know the policies and procedures that are in place to address these types of incidents but I am certain more could have been done to safeguard my child and current students at Stonewall Jackson as well as to prevent such incidents occurring in the future. The current guidance counselor was retiring and at no point of time throughout this incident was he brought into the situation to ensure the safety of my child due to is "busyness" closingout the school year! I’d like to stress; my child and our family had an absolutely amazing year at Stonewall Jackson this year. Our kindergarten teacher genuinely took care of our child as if one of her own. And perhaps why this incident was so disturbing is because of how in contrast it was to our experiences for much of the year.

Last modified Stonewall Jackson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.