Bad
Good

I read all the posts. Yes, Sunset is in the ghetto, but its a good school. Couple of posts are from people who attended Sunset in the past and I just have to say is that if you did not try then you did not succeed. I attended Sunset and I am educated and successful. I also know a numerous amount of people that are very well educated and did something with their lives. Being a good parent is the key for a child to like succeed in life. Teachers did give importance to students when I was there. Some students just didn't care because Sunset was the COOL school to be at. You make the best of it where ever you are.. I support Sunset..

I am an Alumni of Sunset. I think the school has done well. It has been in the community for a long time and my parents also attended school there. I would love to have my children attend also. The Choir is wonderful and I happen to disagree with most of the reviews that say most of the teachers there are only looking for a paycheck...many of my previous instructors did care alot about the students. Many of them went out of their way to help the students that needed the most help. They would spend much of their personal time to make sure that the material was understood and to help the students on anything! I am very grateful to them and wish that I could one day have the same done for my children...Thank you Sunset! GO BISON!! PURPLE AND WHITE!!

I have had three out of four kids graduate from Sunset and my youngest will graduate in 2009.My kids enjoyed going there.Most of the teachers are only there for a pay check.And some teachers play favoritism,but it is very good school,I wouldn't let my kids go no where else.

I use to be a student at Sunset High School between the years of 2002-2006 and I absolutely loved it there while it lasted! The tachers were great and staff did what they had to do to keep the students out of trouble and motivated to keep the good job going. I wish I could back!

I am a student at Sunset High School and I believe that it is an OK school. I feel like my teachers are there just to receive a paycheck and do not have the real passion to teach. I also think that the administrative staff is very unorganized and is poor in planning stuff out. The only good thing I see at Sunset High School is the students! The students at Sunset High School have GREAT potential!

The academics are great I won Best Actress in UIL competition, am going to Austin for all region competition for my solo, and I am also going to Europe with the sunset choir. The parent involvement is great. Many parents are getting together this year helping the student to raise money for are summer trip to Europe. Sunset is a great school to attend I would not want to be anywhere else. 'Go Bison!'

Sunset is the best school ever. This school has come a long way and it will just keep getting better.

As a student graduating this year from sunset i found that everything that a magnet school has can be just as good at a regular school like sunset. no one expects much of us, although our valedictorian will be attending Yale University and me myself who is ranked number 24 out of 400 seniors has been accepted to Southern Methodist University School Of Music and trhe Julliard School in Manhattan. No one thought that a poor school could produce such exemplified excellence in its students but we've proved the wrong.

Last modified Sunset High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.