Bad
Good

This is my child's second year and I am a very unhappy parent. My child struggles with emotional problems and have been diagnosed with a form of ADHD. The SSI and I have asked several times to help with forms for health ins and medication to help improve my childs learning but we are met at a wall. I have asked for other help. I would love for my children to recieve free tutoring.

My kids love this school and they've been to different types of schools (private and affluent suburban). A good portion of the teachers have been there since I was a student there a very long time ago. I love the respect I see, the love they show, the fun they have and the genuine concern they display for the kids' learning. If it weren't for a move out of the area, my kids would all go there through 5th grade.

Overall, this school meets my expectations. I think it's lacking in the area of leadership...beginning with the principal. I think that this is what has led to the school's decline. My daughter will be in her 2nd year of attendance here. I'd like to keep her here because I think it's important to form solid foundations, teachers, friends, etc. to build healthy kids. Incidentally, she's been accepted into their gifted & talented program. I hope both school and program serve her well..otherwise, we'll be looking for another school.

Now that my daughter has attended this school for two years after leaving a DISD Montessori school she has excelled academically beyond the expectations of her previous teachers at H. Stone. This year as a fourth grader she has faced some challenges however the teachers go above and beyond to see that she learns the skills and masters them. Great job 4th grade teachers. I am disappointed to see that the school is not exemplary however I know that they are working to get the status back. The leadership on campus is a work in progress which I see a shift in moral of the staff. With time it should evolve.

I have two children hat attends this school, the new principal is horrible. I will not re-enroll my children when school starts back. Most of the good teachers have retired so i expect this schools rating will soon drop.

I have two children that attend the Adelle Turner School. I've found this school to be the best school my children have ever attended. The principal, Mrs. Hawthorne and her entire staff works hard. She motivates the students daily with Tiger Time. The school is has an Explemenary rating for the first time, since they were recoginized a few years back. The school works together for the success of all the students! The After-School Program also has been a blessing since I work until 5:00 every day. The staff of Ms. Taylor, Ms. Adams, Mrs.Buard, Mrs. Dangerfield, and Mrs. Briley all have taken very good care of my children until I can get there to pick them up. I want to thank the entire faculty and staff for excellent work! This is truly a GREAT SCHOOL!

We are at the end of the school year an once again Adelle Turner is #1 in the district. I have never seen a public school take so much interest in their kids. My hats off to the teachers and facilty members, that show their concern above and beyond the call of duty. Keep up the great work...It will pay off...college bound students!

Turner is a very good school. This is my daughter's first year in public school. Her progress is highly acceptable. They offer many activities. The teachers really care and have been there for years. I would recommend this school to all in the area. My child enjoys this school, even if the occasionally little boy is a little rough. The staff adheres to great disciple with the kids and focus on respect of self and other. You will have homework being the parents, so be ready. It's all for the benefit for the child in the end.

Both of my children attend this school. My son is in the 5TH and my daughteer is in thee 1st grade.Adelle has a new principal this year and she is doing an excellent job! I can see great improvement with the students and teachers. I am very pleased so far.

I love Adelle Turner. her teacher challenges her and I love the way a lot of the Dad's help out esp. at the beginning of school. until we all learned how things worked with the dropping off and picking up the kids. Kudos to Adelle Turner,a diamond in the rough. -

Last modified Adelle Turner Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.