Bad
Good

My son went to kindergarten here. We pulled him out after that year due to the unruly nature of both the children and staff there. The end of year pagentry quickly descended into chaos as the principle began shouting at the children, who were themselves raising a terrible ruckus. My wife and I turned to each other and agreed that this was it for us and Mark Twain.

RUDE AND UNEXCEPABLE THIS IS RUDE AND UNEXCEBABLE SO TAKE THAT I AM SOO TIRED OF THIS MESSS THEY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This was our son's first year attending the school. The school's secretary could use a lesson in manners, she can be quite rude at times. I did not care for the way that some of the teachers and staff members would address some of the students, it was totally inappropriate. The school my son previously attended did things different, so I was not too impressed by this school and he will not be attending for a second year. I will say that there were a couple and I mean a couple of teachers who really showed that they cared for their students, no more than a handful.

Mark Twain has actually gone a bit downhill. This is my daughter's 4th year there. She has always made the A honor roll, but I honestly feel like the teachers are not focused at this school anymore. The overall test scores for the school did increase, but the actual day to day teaching is not where it should be. Each year, my daughter had teachers that would be absent quite a bit, and that affects how the students learn. This used to be an excellent school, but improvement is definitely needed here.

Last modified Mark Twain Leadership Vanguard is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.