Dallas, TX

Posted February 22, 2011
I HATE THIS SCHOOL! my son has a bad stigmatism, hearing problems, as well as a speech problem and not once has the school adressed it to me! when they "tested" him they said he was fine! i went and had asked them about getting him into speech therapy but its been 2 school years and still nothing! i had to go through our pcp to get the therapy! then there was a bully that damaged our other sons shirt and for half a yr, the teacher said that she is looking into the parent replacing the damaged school shirt. well come to find out, the parent pulled him out of school! thanks for letting me know after i called them from 0 calls about the status of my sons shirt! they didnt even have yearbooks last year and the rude lady that answers the phone said that she isnt even sure if they will have any this year! very unorganized! at the start of this school year they were lacking teachers and finally got a nurse before winter break.

Posted May 19, 2010
This has got to be one of the worse schools in DISD!! The teachers and staff are clueless. There is no security whatsoever. I had my sister pick up my child and no one checked any sort of list to make sure she was on there and then had the gall to send her back to an open area full of children. This lets me know that anyone can just walk in there and grab a child. They are so slow to relay any announcements about events, if they even announce anything on time. I will definitely be reconsidering taking my child out of this school. They are worthless over all and this school should have been one to shut down in DISD!!

Urban Park Elementary School 5

Posted March 30, 2009

Posted July 20, 2005
Poor communication; teacher to parent and teacher to office. No extracurricular activities. Poor or no solutions to problems reported. We are moving just to get our child in a better school.

Urban Park Elementary School 3

Posted June 24, 2005

Urban Park Elementary School 4

Posted June 20, 2005

Urban Park Elementary School 2

Posted May 27, 2005
This school has just gained new facilities, which will hopefully help with the overcrowding of the old school. There seems to be a lot of parental involvement, but overall curriculum needs a lot more improvement.

Urban Park Elementary School 3

Posted March 31, 2005
This school is ok. The teachers really seem to care about the students, however, that is not always enough. The test scores are substandard and there was a 'drug issue' this school year. I am removing my children from this school with a transfer.

Urban Park Elementary School 4

Posted March 15, 2005
This is my first year having a kid in school, my son learned a lot of skills with his teacher, I am so happy with this happening. And I think one thing we shgould do as parents is getting involve in their school. They wiil be happy and excited to know that we care about their school.

Urban Park Elementary School
6901 Military Parkway, Dallas, TX  75227
Last modified Urban Park Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Urban Park Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top