Dallas, TX

Walnut Hill Elementary School 4

Posted June 11, 2014
My son attended WH for six years and now my daughter will be completing her sixth year in 2014-15. My daughter is doing great in her studies and loves the school. She's been well prepared to get into one of the middle school magnets. We have no complaints about the principal or staff. My daughter absolutely loves her teachers, although she complains about one of them giving too much homework. But what kid doesn't complain about that?

Posted June 10, 2014
June, 2014 Sadly, the principal @ this school is horrific. Seems to be unable to embrace her role as a parent communicator and authoritarian. Is very divisive versus unifying. Appears to be completely out of touch with her student body as well as her teachers. Exudes hostile vibes, a 'bully', which is not what I would want trickling down to my children. The nepotism is rampant. And, if you have a special education or special needs child, run, don't walk in the opposite direction. The support of the principal is simply not there and the results can be catastrophic. Do not allow the peachy location or the accomplishments of the previous principals fool you. And that KidZone after-school program, do not leave your children unattended there! A new principal could make this gem of a school once again stellar and the teachers and parents once again proud as opposed to running them off! It is time for a much needed change. Think I'm disappointed?

Posted June 10, 2014
nfortunately, this beautiful school is hiding an disappointing situation. The principal is aloof and distant She seems to be out if her element and unable to fully complete her responsibilities to staff, parents and students. School personnel in office are constantly on their own phones ignoring those who arrive for help. The afterschool program is poorly monitored and students roam the school unsupervised. Teachers seem to be dedicated wholly to their students despite the lack of direction and leadership from the top. Although the test scores are high this is solely the work of the long hours put in by the teachers.

Posted May 24, 2013
This is a great school my daughter is in kindergarden and her teacher Mrs. Villareal is awesome. My daughter has learned so much this year thanks to her teacher's. Everyone here is very friendly and is always willing and waiting to help.

Posted February 13, 2013
Walnut Hill is a great school! The teachers are committed to their students. The principal is easy to talk and clearly cares about kids. I encourage people to come and tour the school to see how wonderful Walnut Hill is!

Walnut Hill Elementary School 2

Posted May 01, 2012
I moved my kids from Tom Field Elementary to this school. Bad move. Within a year they were there, they retrogressed academically. We have to move them back to Tom Field next academic year.

Posted November 07, 2011
The school has really turned around in the last 3.5 years. The principal, teachers and staff have all come together and are working for the best interest of the children. The school not only focuses on the state assessment but is really promoting good solid teaching. The principal has worked on establishing strong parent-teacher relationships. Every month she hosts a breakfast and answers parents questions. I encourage everyone to go tour the school and meet the principal and staff.

Posted September 01, 2011
Teachers are great with only a few exceptions. The principal is in way over her head. I agree that KidzZone is the bright spot at the school.

Posted August 29, 2011
The leadership at the school is non-existent and disorganized. The school meetings usually start at least 15 minutes late and no one seems to know what is going on. The best thing about this school is the after school program with Mwana Williams (KidzZone).

Walnut Hill Elementary School 4

Posted August 09, 2010
All schools face challenges. Walnut Hill Elementary (WHE) is a good, solid school with a rich history and a promising future. Our teachers are fantastic. Any school's leadership has its challenges change is difficult and WHE has had its share in the past couple years. School leaders also needs strong parents. Walnut Hill has a great parent group. It needs to continue to grow and develop the parent and family involvement on our campus. I'd encourage any parent interested in Walnut Hill to visit, meet the principal, teachers and definitely get in touch with the PTA president, other officer, or any parent to get the parents perspective. We are proud of our school. Our neighborhood and community need to embrace WHE and help its leaders build on a very strong foundation. For me and my children, we will see that WHE is successful come join

Walnut Hill Elementary School
10115 Midway Road, Dallas, TX  75229
Last modified Walnut Hill Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Walnut Hill Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top