Bad
Good

My daughter is currently a freshman at W T White. So far her teachers have been very helpful. She is in the Academy of Engineering at the school and is loving it. Her counselors have been very helpful in changing her schedule to allow for after school sports. She is taking mostly pre AP courses, all the students in these classes are committed to study and participation. There is a very strong PTA and Dad's Club. There are students at the school who do not care, however it is easy to take the more challenging courses and be around a large core group who wants to succeed and enjoy attending High School.

School is OK Counselor horrible. Dr. Washington is very disrespectful Daughter hates having to go talk to her for required stuff HORRIBLE

The school is okay, but I have never met such a rude counselor in my life. Counselors should make you feel welcomed and should WANT to help you, but, Dr. Washington does the complete opposite. She should not be working at schools with students, especially not as a counselor.

W.T. White is now home to the Academy of Visual and Performing Arts. The first year (2011-2012) started with 47 students. The second year has almost 140 students. They have 3 theatre teachers, 4 art teachers, 2 choir teachers, an orchestra teacher, a band director and his assistant, and 2 dance teachers. This is a great program! 1st year students are required to take a Humanities class along with their arts specialty. The Humanities class is a study of the evolution of the arts from Egypt to present.

My time at W.T.White was great! The teachers were caring and would help anyone that took their time in bringing an issue to their attention. The courses taken were demanding and kept us focused. The Principle and Asst. Principles were kind, but strict. If there were ever any issues regarding discipline, they would be addressed. I would never change my time here.

I am sorry your time at W.T. White was not a good experience. To have three children graduate means something was done right. As a comprehensive urban high school we have urban concerns. Gangs are an unfortunate part of the reality, but they do not rule the school. Your perception is skeweed, because if gangs did rule the school I am sure you would have exercised the option to transfer your daughter to one of 22 other schools in the district. Our ratings exemplify the efforts of 220 staff and teachers who excel daily with an academic focus. The comment of most would mean a majority of more than 51% and to me 80% would be a fair assessment, but once again this is based on perception. You are welcome to come by my office and speak to me in regards to you and your daughter's concerns, Mr. Riddick

I am amazed at the high ratings this school receives. i am finally graduating my third and last child from this school. The principals are extremely unfair and misguided. They have their favorite students, who they coddle. They allow gang members to rule and run the school. A hall monitor constantly hit on one of my daughter daily. She told one of the principals, and she said 'he was only joking' and then ignored her. i will say most of the teacher's are really great, but that only includes 51% of the teacher's are adequate. i rate the school a 1 and a half stars.

the student there are amazing as well as the teachers. my fav is mr. durr he should be a congressman thats how nice he is.

WT White High School has great teachers which have so much patience with the students, and they have such great discipline also.

This is my second child to attend W T White and over all I can say this is a wonderful school. We have experienced 2 principals and both are good. The current principal has an open door policy and is always there to listen to students and parents concerns. As with every school there are a few teachers that in my opinion should not be teaching per their attitudes and the way they treat the students but over all the quality of the teachers and staff is above what I experienced 30 yrs ago in my high school. W T White is I school I would recommend to anyone and everyone. If you had to move for your child to attend White I would say MOVE. We did and are very happy we made W T White out choice for our children's education. Marty R

Last modified W T White High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.