Dallas, TX

Sarah Zumwalt Middle School 3

Posted May 28, 2015
Has it ever occurred to anyone that teachers and administrators interact with students in a manner you deem unprofessional due to the environment of the school? Do you think a teacher or administrator would have to raise his or her voice if the students weren't loud, disrespectful, and rowdy? Some of the parents will quickly go to the school or news to complain about the schools' RESPONSE to thier children's disrespectful behavior but NEVER choose to address the bigger issue which is poor parenting. You think it's okay for students to behvae the way they do because that is what you allow at home. No human being should have to attend work or school and run the risk of developing a stroke, heart attack, or hypertension due to someone else's unruly children. If you don't want your children to be disciplined you should educate them at home or send them to an alternative program or detention center.

Sarah Zumwalt Middle School 1

Posted November 16, 2014
I understand being a teacher is a challenging job because the deal with different children and their attitudes on a daily basis. But when the teachers, principals, and other staff members decide to physically, verbally, or emotionally abuse the students it's unexceptable and thats whats going on behind the school doors of sarah zumwalt middle school. School is like a home away from home therefore when the students are there they should feel safe and protected at all times. Someone should look into the way the children are being talked to and treated at this school. THIS SCHOOL IS VERY UNPROFESSIONAL and NEEDS HELP. Will never refer anyone to this school

Sarah Zumwalt Middle School 2

Posted May 31, 2012
My daughter attended Sarah Zumwalt for one year. The school appeared to be in decent condition when I visited. My daughter s grades remained stable so I am grateful for that. She did tell me there were quite a few fights at the school. She informed me also that a rat came out during lunch and was crawling around on the table; she mentioned this was the second time it had occurred within the school year. Recently I made a call to the office to obtain an award for my daughter and the office manager (Barnes) was very unprofessional and told me she had other students in her office to take care of. I respect any school staff because they endure a lot dealing with so many kids but if an officer manager (in front of students) is conducting herself in an unprofessional manner it sends a message to our young adults. She hung up in my face when I asked her if she s not the right person to talk to who else could I be referred to; additionally I called back and she hung up again; The third time calling back a coach assisted me promptly and was very helpful which I greatly appreciate. Overall I wouldn t recommend this school to any parent if they have a choice.

Sarah Zumwalt Middle School 4

Posted June 30, 2010
ive been here for two and making it 3 yrz. now n 2k10. it iss a great school

Posted October 04, 2009
The students are disciplined & enjoy coming to school. Yhey show respect for teacher & staff.

Posted April 26, 2008
zumwalt has a great athletic program my child dosent attend sarah zumwalt but she plays sports for them and she has become such a great athlete

Sarah Zumwalt Middle School 5

Posted September 17, 2007
Sarah zumwalt has been the greatest school in my life.

2445 East Ledbetter Drive, Dallas, TX  75216
Last modified Sarah Zumwalt Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sarah Zumwalt Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top