Dallas, TX

Posted May 27, 2015
My daughter currently goes to this school and I have to say is it TERRIBLE. She has been dealing with bullying and when she tells the teacher, all the teacher says is stop telling. So eventually, I made my daughter start fighting back. It has gotten so bad that one little boy hit her in the stomach and she had to be taken to the hospital. Once my daughter started fighting back, the teachers and principal got angry and started calling me about her behavior. She was always on red for conduct. Now I admit, my daughter is a handful due to ADHD, but she's a sweet little girl that doesn't like to fight. She has come home crying telling me that the teacher called her a crazy rascal hoodlum. Once,a little girl hit her in the face with a backpack and left a cut in her forehead, and the teacher said, "Tell this girl you're sorry so she can shut up." I found that to be extremely unprofessional. I've spoken with the principal on many occasions to no avail. And they don't make sure the right students get on the bus or walk home. Once this school year is out (2015) she's leaving and will never return. This school is trash.

Posted April 10, 2015
My review continued... Then my other daughter kept coming home telling me the kids in her class were basically bullying the teacher and made her cry so she quit. My daughter also asked me to have her placed in another class due to the terrible students in this class but conviently that was a no go with the principal. Everyday my kids come home hungry as if they hadn't ate all day and when asked they say they don't give them much food. They have to eat in their classrooms because the cafeteria is too small. I just feel this school should be shut down it is so horrible. I can't wait until June 5, 2015 my kids will be out of there like lightening and we won't be looking back. I don't recommend this school to my worst enemy...... Please never send your children here there are so many other options that are better.....

Posted April 10, 2015
I have 3 daughters that attend this school. Kindergarten, 2nd and 3rd grades. For starters my children haven't had homework all year long and when I brought it up and a patent teacher conference I was informed the copiers were broken. Now that there's only 8wks left in the school year they have conveniently started sending homework home. My 3rd grader's teacher was out for 2 weeks for a family emergency and when she returned she gave it progress reports. My daughter whom has been getting A's and B's all year had a 60 in math and a 70 in science. When I asked the teacher she said it's because she had only been back a week and had only given 2 assignments that week. Wheat exactly was the substitute doing for 2 weeks. So she basically decided to fail the children because she had a family emergency. Then I signed my daughter up for after school tutoring and some bootcamp they have for the Star testing and it seems my daughter's grades have been dropping every since she started going.

Posted August 28, 2014
I DONT LIKE THE OFFICE AND ITS MY BABY SECOND DAY OF THIS SCHOOL.WHEN YOU WALK IN AND THEY LOOKING AT YOU LIKE YOU CRAZY AND LAUGHING.LIKE THEY DONT NO WHAT YOU TALKING ABOUT.TERRIBLE SCHOOL

Posted June 02, 2014
TERRIBLE school I mean thee worst school my child has ever been to!!!!!!!The worst experience ever 1st yr here for my child & will be the absolute last! This school is very Nonchalant to parents concerns, letters, phone calls, even meeting in person means nothing..The principal they have in charge needs to be removed & replaced she does not follow up on her word. No call back no show at meeting it takes a whole week for a serious concern as to why & what's going on with my child being bullied at her school that she's supposed to be overseeing...I'm seeing from the reviews I'm not the only one who has the bullying issue goin on..Listen if you want your child fighting to defend themselves or being bullied by all means this is the perfect place for your children to go! My child has never hated school until he went here! This place is garbage! !! Take my advice do not enroll your child here Nightmare! !!

Ronald E Mcnair Elementary School 4

Posted September 26, 2013
very great school the teachers are very caring and helpful i would defintely recommend this school

Posted March 27, 2013
I have 2 kids enrolled there at the school. One is doing okay very smart and loves to read. I have a 2nd grader who is receiving 50 in reading and in language arts grades are very poor. But at home I am one on one with him he reads to me and does fine. So I had to visited the school some kids are not engaged. Work is not displayed on the walls, teachers not using the chart boards anymore. The main principal isnt there at all. I was told by one staff member that kids are not allowed to go outside when they finish lunch and they only have 30 mintues. One staff member who watch the kids said you think I have time to take all these kids out to play. So all the kids line up as if they are in prison and sit and can't talk right after lunch. While they eat it is no talking at all I felt as if I was in prison. I had a chance to visit the music class. Now remember there is not outside at all!

Posted January 29, 2013
We had same problem with bulling been to the school 3times ( twice with vice principle and once with sub principle) and still nothing has changed either. Our next step is going to be with Mike Miles.

Posted January 25, 2013
This school is horrible. It used to be a great school, but it has fallen by the wayside. It seems like the school is more interested in sending your child to truancy court than to teach. Now don't get me wrong, there are a handful of good teachers and I commend them. The Principal has been sick the whole school year and there has been a serious problem with bullying. I have been to numerous of parent/teacher conferences about these issues, but nothing has changed. My next step is to go to the district. I regret the day I sent my kids back to this school.

Ronald E Mcnair Elementary School 4

Posted September 17, 2012
Ronald E. McNair is a really great school. I was in McNair since 2nd grade through 5th. My 4 years here were great, the teachers pushed us to do our best, and supported us through out the year. I am really glad I came to McNair.

Ronald E Mcnair Elementary School
3150 Bainbridge Drive, Dallas, TX  75237
Last modified Ronald E Mcnair Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ronald E Mcnair Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top