George Bannerman Dealey Montessori 1

Posted March 07, 2013
This school should stop calling itself Montessori - why can't it just be GBD Vanguard - why claim a whole very specific curriculum that you can't wholly implement? Next can you call yourself Waldorf because you go outside now and then and do an art project with wool! You can claim any old curriculum but it doesn't mean you are teaching children the way that curriculum intends. We have been accepted at a true Montessori school and we think our kid is going to be all the better for not going to just another DISD school.

George Bannerman Dealey Montessori 3

Posted March 06, 2012
Given the circumstances, Dealey does an adequate job of preparing its young learners academically. As for providing a caring and nurturing environment, however, much less so. It has been an uneven experience, to say the least. I have been most disappointed in several of the teachers' and aides' unwillingness to appropriately address what is clear bullying, both in and out of the classroom. The school is rampant with it. In fact, a few seem not only to cultivate such a culture for and in others, they actively participate through modeling. And, yes, they are doing damage. Furthermore, the school seems to have a bit of an identity crisis, vacillating from Montessori, as the name implies, to more traditional public school. Most often it chooses, out of necessity I suppose, to be the latter, at least it does so in the upper grades.

George Bannerman Dealey Montessori 3

Posted February 23, 2012
The leadership is poor. There are biases that no one talks about. A school that is forty percent hispanic does not have the leadership or teaching staff to reflect that majority. I am constantly disappointed by the principal. Not impressed all. It is not a warm and inviting atmosphere. At least not for "certain" people.

Posted June 08, 2011
I have been going to this school since Pre-k. Next year will be my 10th. I am and always have been a very successful student as well as many others. We have endure great challenges everyday. The awesome teachers and our principles have made that happen.

Posted July 20, 2010
I have been a proud Dealey parent for the past 5 years and plan to be for another 7. My oldest was accepted into the school in the 2nd grade and was welcomed by all of the children and teachers which was a great transition from his last school where he was not challenged and often bullied. Had he not been accepted, we would have had to move out of Dallas to find a school that could even compare to the quality of education our boys are receiving at Dealey.

Posted May 04, 2009

George Bannerman Dealey Montessori 1

Posted February 05, 2009

George Bannerman Dealey Montessori 4

Posted December 10, 2008

Posted October 23, 2008
i went to this school for 8 years. i loved it. i am currently a junior, and i am very thankful that my parents decided to enroll me at Dealey. I had the best year of my life there. since its a small school you feel special and important. I loved it.

George Bannerman Dealey Montessori 0

Posted August 07, 2008
This is my daughters 2nd year at Dealey , and we LOVE it. We are very excited of what the future has in store, at Dealey although she is only in Kinder now! We are very proud parents to say that our child attends Dealey. Parent involvment is high whish also plays a big part in the students achievment.

George Bannerman Dealey Montessori
6501 Royal Lane, Dallas, TX  75230
Last modified George Bannerman Dealey Montessori is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
George Bannerman Dealey Montessori Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 32 reviews. Top