Bad
Good

Dealey is a great school. Although it is not 100% Montessori, I like the collaborative nature it instills in the classroom by having multiple grades per class. Students are encouraged and motivated to achieve as much as they want and unfortunately as little as they want at times. However, I believe that is the responsibility of the parent to instill the value of education in their children. If your child is self-motivated (which Montessori encourages), Dealey would be a wonderful place for your child. They are for mine.

This school should stop calling itself Montessori - why can't it just be GBD Vanguard - why claim a whole very specific curriculum that you can't wholly implement? Next can you call yourself Waldorf because you go outside now and then and do an art project with wool! You can claim any old curriculum but it doesn't mean you are teaching children the way that curriculum intends. We have been accepted at a true Montessori school and we think our kid is going to be all the better for not going to just another DISD school.

Given the circumstances, Dealey does an adequate job of preparing its young learners academically. As for providing a caring and nurturing environment, however, much less so. It has been an uneven experience, to say the least. I have been most disappointed in several of the teachers' and aides' unwillingness to appropriately address what is clear bullying, both in and out of the classroom. The school is rampant with it. In fact, a few seem not only to cultivate such a culture for and in others, they actively participate through modeling. And, yes, they are doing damage. Furthermore, the school seems to have a bit of an identity crisis, vacillating from Montessori, as the name implies, to more traditional public school. Most often it chooses, out of necessity I suppose, to be the latter, at least it does so in the upper grades.

The leadership is poor. There are biases that no one talks about. A school that is forty percent hispanic does not have the leadership or teaching staff to reflect that majority. I am constantly disappointed by the principal. Not impressed all. It is not a warm and inviting atmosphere. At least not for "certain" people.

I have been going to this school since Pre-k. Next year will be my 10th. I am and always have been a very successful student as well as many others. We have endure great challenges everyday. The awesome teachers and our principles have made that happen.

I have been a proud Dealey parent for the past 5 years and plan to be for another 7. My oldest was accepted into the school in the 2nd grade and was welcomed by all of the children and teachers which was a great transition from his last school where he was not challenged and often bullied. Had he not been accepted, we would have had to move out of Dallas to find a school that could even compare to the quality of education our boys are receiving at Dealey.

i went to this school for 8 years. i loved it. i am currently a junior, and i am very thankful that my parents decided to enroll me at Dealey. I had the best year of my life there. since its a small school you feel special and important. I loved it.

This is my daughters 2nd year at Dealey , and we LOVE it. We are very excited of what the future has in store, at Dealey although she is only in Kinder now! We are very proud parents to say that our child attends Dealey. Parent involvment is high whish also plays a big part in the students achievment.

I am very happy about this school!!! The students are great overachievers. The academics are excellent. The drama club always does an awesome job decorating and putting on shows such as the Multicultural program. The new principal Ms. Bortnem does an oustanding job with the students and teachers. Dealey Montessori not only teaches you about the United States but about the global economy. Its new name is George Bannerman Dealey International Academy!!!

Dealey Montessori Vanguard is a rare jewel of a find inside the DISD. The new principal, Mrs. Bortnem, has just completed her first year here and did an amazing job of rebuilding the school after a rough few years with a different principal. She is a very experienced and professional woman, having served in the DISD going on 23 years. We were truly impressed with her commitment last year to the rigorous Montessori training program she attended in the evenings. The SBDM has been restructured under her leadership and is already set up to accomplish great things this year. The faculty are all very committed to the children and impressively fulfill the complicated task of utilizing the Montessori Methodology within a public school structure. Parents are committed and very involved with the school. Extracurricular programs include but are not limited to orchestra, chorus, chess, TAG, soccer, volleyball, tennis and scouting.

Last modified George Bannerman Dealey Montessori is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.