Posted December 13, 2013
One of the better schools in DISD. We moved my daugter here from a private school in the 1st grade and she has loved it! She is now a 3rd grader. There have been some recent changes in administration - but so far it seems to be perfectly accetable. My daughter had a teacher quit suddenly so we will see how quickly they will get a fulltime replacement. My review will change drastically if we still have a sub after christmas break. There is a huge Dad's Club here as well as a PTA so there are parents at the school all the time. All in all this is a nice little gem in the poop that is the Dallas school district.

Posted February 17, 2011
Degoyler Elementary School is fantastic! 5 Stars! Absolutely wonderful parents, children, teachers, and staff. As a parent, I was not going to allow my children to attend DISD schools. I talked myself into going on a tour of Degolyer and it changed my opinion very quickly. Our experience has been amazing and so glad I kept enough of an open mind to give this DISD school a chance.

Posted May 23, 2010
my son has turned from a reluctant reader to just devouring every chapter books he can get hold of. the reason? an excellent teacher and perhaps, it is simply that the school is conducive to learning. and i agree that more can be done to make it a really delightful place. PTA and Dad's Club are already doing a lot!

Posted May 20, 2010
i go 2 went 2 this school and i loved it if your looking for a great scool this is the one!

Posted March 08, 2010
The parent involvement cannot be beat at DeGolyer. My child has the best teacher and is thriving. I do think there are opportunities to step up our game with challenging the status quo and considering the dual language program to attract more families. I am committed to making sure we keep striving for excellence.

Posted August 17, 2009

Everette Lee Degolyer Elementary School 0

Posted June 23, 2008
Another busy school year has ended for the DeGolyer Dolphins and we are proud to report we have reached the exemplary rating again. This staff continues to adjust to the District's new initiatives, including he Principles of Learning from the University of Pittsburgh. Academic rigor has never been greater and the students are to be commended for learning to take responsibility for their own learning. It is an honor to work with such acceptable teaching staff. The parents continue to provide support to all students in so many ways.

Posted March 27, 2008
Speaking as a school administrator in another state I must say that Degolyer is one of the finest schools I have encountered. After researching public and private schools in the area, my daughter and I chose Degolyer and we are thrilled that we did. My grand daughter's educational experience has been exceptional!

Posted August 02, 2007
I am an alumni but my brother still goes there and I love how he is learning especially in such a beautiful school.

Posted June 10, 2007
DeGolyer continues to flourish with the outstanding staff and community support from the PTA and Dad's Club. Content specific curriculum coupled with making learning 'DeLightful' makes this little school a jewel in DISD. Science has a strong advocate and an outdoor garden has brought excitementto all the students. Parents, always a key component at this school, continue to bring money and energy to supporting the program. Students, aware and working to meet the State of Texas' goals, are rewarded with fun days such as School is Cool, Field Day, Career Day, and Earth Science Events. Connecting learning to the real world is an important component to learning at this school. Both of my children graduated from DeGolyer and it remains a sentimental and successful part of their educational foundation.

Everette Lee Degolyer Elementary School
3453 Flair Dr, Dallas, TX  75229
Last modified Everette Lee Degolyer Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Everette Lee Degolyer Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top