Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Posted August 17, 2015
Moved from the Dallas suburbs in 2013 and was apprehensive about DISD. What I can say is I'm blown away by the quality of this school. Bright, energetic and involved principal who has made great teaching hires and has the support of the parents. Speaking of the parents, the PTA and Dad's Club are very active and host wonderful events for both parents and teachers throughout the year. The old school architecture is also a pleasant departure from the prison-esque design of new suburban schools and the actual auditorium (not a lunch room with a stage) should be considered a treasure. It hosts amazing musicals, concerts and other events.

Posted January 14, 2015
Thriving school with outstanding parent involvement! The new principal is enthusiastic and involved in daily classroom happenings. Also, the fine arts program can't be beat!

Posted December 13, 2013
One of the better schools in DISD. We moved my daugter here from a private school in the 1st grade and she has loved it! She is now a 3rd grader. There have been some recent changes in administration - but so far it seems to be perfectly accetable. My daughter had a teacher quit suddenly so we will see how quickly they will get a fulltime replacement. My review will change drastically if we still have a sub after christmas break. There is a huge Dad's Club here as well as a PTA so there are parents at the school all the time. All in all this is a nice little gem in the poop that is the Dallas school district.

Posted February 17, 2011
Degoyler Elementary School is fantastic! 5 Stars! Absolutely wonderful parents, children, teachers, and staff. As a parent, I was not going to allow my children to attend DISD schools. I talked myself into going on a tour of Degolyer and it changed my opinion very quickly. Our experience has been amazing and so glad I kept enough of an open mind to give this DISD school a chance.

Posted May 23, 2010
my son has turned from a reluctant reader to just devouring every chapter books he can get hold of. the reason? an excellent teacher and perhaps, it is simply that the school is conducive to learning. and i agree that more can be done to make it a really delightful place. PTA and Dad's Club are already doing a lot!

Posted May 20, 2010
i go 2 went 2 this school and i loved it if your looking for a great scool this is the one!

Posted March 08, 2010
The parent involvement cannot be beat at DeGolyer. My child has the best teacher and is thriving. I do think there are opportunities to step up our game with challenging the status quo and considering the dual language program to attract more families. I am committed to making sure we keep striving for excellence.

Everette Lee Degolyer Elementary School

Posted June 23, 2008
Another busy school year has ended for the DeGolyer Dolphins and we are proud to report we have reached the exemplary rating again. This staff continues to adjust to the District's new initiatives, including he Principles of Learning from the University of Pittsburgh. Academic rigor has never been greater and the students are to be commended for learning to take responsibility for their own learning. It is an honor to work with such acceptable teaching staff. The parents continue to provide support to all students in so many ways.

Posted March 27, 2008
Speaking as a school administrator in another state I must say that Degolyer is one of the finest schools I have encountered. After researching public and private schools in the area, my daughter and I chose Degolyer and we are thrilled that we did. My grand daughter's educational experience has been exceptional!

Posted August 02, 2007
I am an alumni but my brother still goes there and I love how he is learning especially in such a beautiful school.

Everette Lee Degolyer Elementary School
3453 Flair Drive, Dallas, TX  75220
Last modified Everette Lee Degolyer Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.