Dallas, TX

Maria Moreno Elementary School 2

Posted November 10, 2010
My child has attended this school for nearly 3 mos now & we have had numerous bad experiences. To begin with, we were not given any kind of school handbook or calendar until school had been in session for over 3 weeks. Yet, we were expected to be aware of all the district policies & rules from day one. Another major complaint: there is no recess AT ALL & they only have gym 3 times a week. They also have an over zealous "hall monitor" that stands in the front hall every day and yells at the kids to get to class. I have hear her take a rude & disrespectful tone with kids AND their parents and she seems to dislike her job. The principal is fair & I'm sure they do have some great teachers there, but overall it is not a school I'd recommend.

Posted April 03, 2009
Fantastic school, very professional Staff. My doughter is learning more than her friends, and is also happier! I love the Marone school!

Posted April 03, 2009
I m a pre-k teacher at Moreno school and this is a great family (the moreno family). The dress code is following by Dallas ISD directions, and is the same for all the Dallas Isd schools.

Posted August 01, 2008
This school is okay. The teachers are very dedicated. My daughter enjoys it there.

Posted April 29, 2006
I honestly think that this school is more concerned about what the children are wearing than about their grades and well-being. I have had so much trouble trying to keep my daughter within the school uniform rules. I have bought her clothes time after time, it's hard finding something that fits her and that is not so expensive- i am a single mom. At first they were allowed to wear black pants, so i bought her like 5 pairs of those. 2 Weeks later she is not allowed to wear them anymore. Then i bought her some khaki pants, but she was also not allowed to wear them because of the back pockets, not sure why. She keeps being told that she will be suspended and she gets all scared since she has never been suspended before and doesnt really know what it is. It's very frustrating and unnecessary.

Maria Moreno Elementary School 4

Posted October 28, 2005
My daughter attended pre-k and is now in kinder at Maria Moreno.I would rather her be in a private school, but for a public school,it's ok!She really enjoys going there!

Posted May 25, 2005
I truly enjoyed my son to go to this school.My son haves a leaningdisablity and work with his six grade teachers Mrs Daniles and Mrs Thomas He was able to recieves the silver star awards given by Pres.Bush. I could not express how much I'm going to miss these teachers and all his teachers in the pass. Great School to come to.

Maria Moreno Elementary School 4

Posted April 28, 2005
It was a good school, I enjoy working with teachers and I love how they interact with their students. There were always parents willing to help; great staff and they gave a lot to their community.

2115 South Hampton Road, Dallas, TX  75224
Last modified Maria Moreno Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Maria Moreno Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top