Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

My son loves going to school!!! The school's PTA is great and the staff is working hard to make this one of the best Montessori's in Dallas.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

The Montessori-trained teachers seem to be very well trained, patient, effective and organized. I know they have put much more work into their environment than most traditional teachers, which is already quite a lot. Their persistence, dedication and effort really show in their classrooms.

Amount of homework: no rating

Not being "attached" to a "regular" classroom, I am not sure of the amount of homework given, but my perception is that the students do not have a burdening amount of homework outside of school. As a frustrated parent whose children are at another school and are constantly burdened with rote busy-work that affects our entire family time, I know how important it is to not overburden students and families, and Mata does not seem to do this. Perhaps this follows from the Montessori Method.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

We entrust students with responsibility and allow the development of the whole child, expecting honorable character and equitable treatment.

I have never been at a school that is more dedicated to what is truly best for the students as much as Mata. Aside from mandates by the district/state that must be followed, the emphasis is not on how the numbers make the administration "look", but on how we can best develop the students and be a quality staff.

This is our first year and the first year Mata has become a Montessori school. Cannot say enough wonderful things about our principal, Mrs. Vega. We have an amazing PTA and strong community for this school of choice. So happy to be apart of Mata!

Mata is a brand new montessori program in the Woodrow feeder pattern. We left a "10" school to attend it. The school is fine but seems understaffed for a montessori program. I am not sure how many people are truly certified--beyond the quickie training. People are passionate, but there are issues. Montessori and testing don't go together and there is a lot of testing at Mata. It is a very diverse student body and that can have appeal. There seem to be quite a few discipline problems for such a tiny school. Eventually it will be a pre-k through 8 school. The jury is still out for our child. We will see what happens as the school adds grade levels. The parents and staff are trying hard.

Mata is now an elementary Montessori school. It is in its fledgling year, so it appears much of the information on this site is about the old Mata, a middle school. Mata is the greatest school that my children have had the pleasure of going to, and we've been to quite a few because of moves. The principal, teachers, and staff work overtime to make the best possible Montessori education available to students who prefer to go the public, rather than private, route. They are confident in offering their school to the entire public, as opposed to just a select few, because they know that their system will work. I have never seen such dedication in my life, and the waiting list to get in to the school should be proof enough that the 2 out of 10 rating the school has been given by this site is completely outdated.

This school got me through my 5th and 6th grade and the teachers i had were great especially my 5th grade science teacher Mrs. Williams

Last modified Eduardo Mata Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.