Dallas, TX

Posted March 22, 2015
This is our first year and the first year Mata has become a Montessori school. Cannot say enough wonderful things about our principal, Mrs. Vega. We have an amazing PTA and strong community for this school of choice. So happy to be apart of Mata!

Eduardo Mata Elementary School 3

Posted March 21, 2015
Mata is a brand new montessori program in the Woodrow feeder pattern. We left a "10" school to attend it. The school is fine but seems understaffed for a montessori program. I am not sure how many people are truly certified--beyond the quickie training. People are passionate, but there are issues. Montessori and testing don't go together and there is a lot of testing at Mata. It is a very diverse student body and that can have appeal. There seem to be quite a few discipline problems for such a tiny school. Eventually it will be a pre-k through 8 school. The jury is still out for our child. We will see what happens as the school adds grade levels. The parents and staff are trying hard.

Posted January 14, 2015
Mata is now an elementary Montessori school. It is in its fledgling year, so it appears much of the information on this site is about the old Mata, a middle school. Mata is the greatest school that my children have had the pleasure of going to, and we've been to quite a few because of moves. The principal, teachers, and staff work overtime to make the best possible Montessori education available to students who prefer to go the public, rather than private, route. They are confident in offering their school to the entire public, as opposed to just a select few, because they know that their system will work. I have never seen such dedication in my life, and the waiting list to get in to the school should be proof enough that the 2 out of 10 rating the school has been given by this site is completely outdated.

Posted April 14, 2008
This school got me through my 5th and 6th grade and the teachers i had were great especially my 5th grade science teacher Mrs. Williams

Posted August 29, 2005
Excellent leadership and wonderful teachers who really care

Eduardo Mata Elementary School
7420 La Vista Drive, Dallas, TX  75214
Last modified Eduardo Mata Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Eduardo Mata Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top