Dallas, TX

Posted November 24, 2014
Withers is an exceptional "gem" of a school in our North Dallas community. Outstanding leadership, a strong teaching staff (both dual-language and General education) and a supportive, involved parent and community base make this a great DISD option. My two children are thriving and we, as a family, have made many of our closest friends through our Withers community. Truly worth your consideration.
2 people found this helpful

Posted May 08, 2014
We toured all the private schools, we even toured public schools in another district, but when it came down to it, which school had the community, the families, the heart and the academic opportunities? Of course, all of them had the "check marks", but Withers was our home school and I'm so glad we gave it a try! This school is special without a doubt! The children are surrounded by teachers with HUGE hearts for the kids and their success; incredible families who take the time to volunteer, coach, and invest their talents and resources; a new leader in Mrs. Wallace who holds high standards and has a big vision for the school; and if you are comparing the private or Park Cities schools, just look at how much money this 400-student school raises each year to benefit the kids and teachers, it's truly astounding and a testament to how many families stand behind the school. My child is excited to be a Wildcat, is thriving, and cannot wait to get to school every morning - that's the ultimate barometer of success!

Posted April 30, 2014
Withers is a wonderful school with a great community of parents! We are in the kindergarten general education class. We hoped to be in the dual language program but we did not get in with the lottery drawing. The kinder class is large but we have a full time aide, which decreases the student to teacher ratio 1 to 14. The general teacher is great and our child loves going to school. Their class ranks at the top of the chart compared to other kinder classes. We have been very happy and had high expectations for our little one going to kinder!

Harry C Withers Elementary School 2

Posted April 30, 2014
After hearing positive things from neighbors, we wanted to check out Withers. While the dual language program definitely has support, the general education program struggles. For example, there are 27 kids in the general ed Kindergarten class. My takeaway is that Withers is a school of have and have nots and if you're not in dual language, don't bother.

Posted April 30, 2014
My two children attend Withers, it is not a school that I just checked out, and I could not be more pleased. Both the dual language and general education programs are thriving. It is a testament to the excellence of the general education program that it has experienced that growth that is has due to the number of neighborhood students that are choosing to attend this DISD school and enroll in general education. There are more classes and teachers being added next year. Overall it is a gem of a school with outstanding leadership, excellent teachers and staff and amazing parent and community support. I would not hesitate to enroll my students in either the dual language OR general education curriculum, and I would encourage any parents considering Withers to meet with the principal, tour the school and talk with parents in BOTH the dual language and general education program.

Posted April 30, 2014
Withers has been a great school for my child! He is in the dual language program and really enjoys school. Parental support, volunteers, and the surrounding neighborhood make Withers an excellent school. There are extracurricular programs such as choir, chess, and garden club.

Posted April 29, 2014
We are proud parents and PTA supporters of Withers Elementary for the past 6 years! The school is busting with spirit, volunteerism, and strong educators. We have parents that want to make a difference, and educators that teach to the individual child. Couldn't be happier to go "public". It's been a great experience for our family.

Posted September 15, 2013
We were hesitant to go to a DISD public school and figured the obvious choice would be one of the abundant private schools in the neighborhood. I am SO glad we listened to the enthusiastic push by the many people who told us "just give it a try - what coud it hurt?" BEST DECISION EVER.

Posted April 03, 2013
We LOVE Withers! I grew up in Dallas and attended a private school growing up. Withers has exceeded our expectations as a parent and our kids love it. If you are in the neighborhood, strongly consider sending your kids here.

Posted September 18, 2011
Withers is a wonderful place to work. My co-workers are dedicated, and the support of the community is amazing. I would like to note that the test scores posted by Greatschools are incorrect. We are a TEA Recognized school with a Reading score of 84%, not 72%. Thank you for your interest in Withers Elementary!

Harry C Withers Elementary School
3959 Northaven Road, Dallas, TX  75229
Last modified Harry C Withers Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Harry C Withers Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 53 reviews. Top