Bad
Good

We have been consistently blow away by the care of the teachers at Withers. They are truly excellent!

Withers is an exceptional "gem" of a school in our North Dallas community. Outstanding leadership, a strong teaching staff (both dual-language and General education) and a supportive, involved parent and community base make this a great DISD option. My two children are thriving and we, as a family, have made many of our closest friends through our Withers community. Truly worth your consideration.

Withers is a wonderful school with a great community of parents! We are in the kindergarten general education class. We hoped to be in the dual language program but we did not get in with the lottery drawing. The kinder class is large but we have a full time aide, which decreases the student to teacher ratio 1 to 14. The general teacher is great and our child loves going to school. Their class ranks at the top of the chart compared to other kinder classes. We have been very happy and had high expectations for our little one going to kinder!

After hearing positive things from neighbors, we wanted to check out Withers. While the dual language program definitely has support, the general education program struggles. For example, there are 27 kids in the general ed Kindergarten class. My takeaway is that Withers is a school of have and have nots and if you're not in dual language, don't bother.

My two children attend Withers, it is not a school that I just checked out, and I could not be more pleased. Both the dual language and general education programs are thriving. It is a testament to the excellence of the general education program that it has experienced that growth that is has due to the number of neighborhood students that are choosing to attend this DISD school and enroll in general education. There are more classes and teachers being added next year. Overall it is a gem of a school with outstanding leadership, excellent teachers and staff and amazing parent and community support. I would not hesitate to enroll my students in either the dual language OR general education curriculum, and I would encourage any parents considering Withers to meet with the principal, tour the school and talk with parents in BOTH the dual language and general education program.

Withers has been a great school for my child! He is in the dual language program and really enjoys school. Parental support, volunteers, and the surrounding neighborhood make Withers an excellent school. There are extracurricular programs such as choir, chess, and garden club.

We are proud parents and PTA supporters of Withers Elementary for the past 6 years! The school is busting with spirit, volunteerism, and strong educators. We have parents that want to make a difference, and educators that teach to the individual child. Couldn't be happier to go "public". It's been a great experience for our family.

We were hesitant to go to a DISD public school and figured the obvious choice would be one of the abundant private schools in the neighborhood. I am SO glad we listened to the enthusiastic push by the many people who told us "just give it a try - what coud it hurt?" BEST DECISION EVER.

We LOVE Withers! I grew up in Dallas and attended a private school growing up. Withers has exceeded our expectations as a parent and our kids love it. If you are in the neighborhood, strongly consider sending your kids here.

Withers is a wonderful place to work. My co-workers are dedicated, and the support of the community is amazing. I would like to note that the test scores posted by Greatschools are incorrect. We are a TEA Recognized school with a Reading score of 84%, not 72%. Thank you for your interest in Withers Elementary!

Last modified Harry C Withers Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.