Bad
Good

Great school for young men! The academics are challenging and the teachers and staff care. I love the smaller community. My son has grown so much.

Our son has attended this school since it opened and as parents we are very satisfied. The work is vigorous but the young men are exposed to more things than you can imagine. As parents we truly believe that our son is receiving all the perks that we once paid tuition for at a minimal cost of our time and support. We would encourage any parent to definitely give great consideration to your son(s) attending this great institution of learning.

I am a proud BOMLA parent, my child is getting a private school education in a public school setting!!! The exposure that these young men receive is immeasurable!!! College readiness is the focus of the staff.The work load is very challenging. The leadership is heaven sent. Principal Nakia Douglas was born to lead this school. "Making no excuses" They are who they are.

My son goes to this school and it is very challenging academically. The pros: the 6th grade at BOMLA presented a huge increase in rigor and pace from the 5th grade. The school, while being billed as a leadership academy, is clearly patterned as a college prep school. The teachers are very good for the most part and committed. My only complaint (Con) has been that the teachers pile a lot of homework (sophisticated work) on the kids and they do not coordinate at all. So, the kids sometimes end up with conflicts in due dates with an abundance of work or tests. But, I must say that my son's STAAR scores, which were already strong, went way up and this was not due to teaching to the test because they don't do that here. He also grew a lot after completing 6th grade in this program. But if you come here, you can expect the grades to be lower than what you're used to in elementary school. It is very difficult to get an A in your classes consistently. The elective course, PE, band, etc., are also designed to be challenging.

I go to this school and its a great school for all men to be better in life

Last modified Barack Obama Male Leadership Academy is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.