Dallas, TX

Charles Acton Elementary School
Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted August 25, 2015
They are very effective and the evidence come from the good grades and knowledge that not only my child possesses but as well as the rest of the kids there.

Charles Acton Elementary School 5

Posted August 25, 2015
The staff is wonderful at Acton Elementary. The teachers love what they do and work well with the parents. The principal Ms. Reyes and assistant principal Ms. Wright is running the school well. If you need anything they are concerned and makes sure it gets taken care of. Last but not least they love the kids. Go Acton!!!

Charles Acton Elementary School 2

Posted April 06, 2008
This school has great TAKS scores, but that is not everything. There is no PTA. It feels like the staff doesn't want our help to educate our children.

Charles Acton Elementary School 3

Posted September 28, 2007
I don't believe that the ratings given to this school or dependable. I am considering private education for my child due to the fact that Hispanic children are provided with more opportunities than the other children in the school. They have private classes that are taught in Spanish which includes a much easier curriculum. Therfore, the rating of this school is not credible. The other students' abilities are measured on how they perform unassisted while the Hispanics are being assisted and rated in the same manner. This provides a false and unfair sense of academic standing. I have a four year old neice that speaks English as a first language and she can't attend pre-k; only Hispanics. Remember Brown vs. Board of Education!

Charles Acton Elementary School 1

Posted March 27, 2007
Acton is a disappointment to me as well. The teachers show no interest in the child's well being. My child has been disrespected on numerous occasions. The teachers are not polite, they have bad attitudes and they show a bit of ignorance, from what I have witnessed myself. There are no after school programs that the children can attend. It seems like the teachers are ready to get rid of the kids when the last bell rings for the day. I don't care that much for Acton, the teachers or the principles. My child is passing because she is very smart. I which that another school had room for her before I sent her to Acton.

Charles Acton Elementary School 5

Posted August 24, 2004
Acton Elementary is a true neighborhood school. Most students live less than 2 miles away which makes us all feel like one big happy family. The teachers are friendly and care about their students. The school has high academic standards, and the students actually learn and have fun at the same time. Acton's students are some of the most well-behaved as I have been told by other teachers in the district. I would not be anywhere else in this district. Acton is the place to be in Duncanville ISD!

Charles Acton Elementary School 2

Posted March 10, 2004
This school has been a big disappointment. The advantages are small classroom settings but a big disadvantage is that I have had to teach my child at home in order for him to pass this year. Teachers just don't have time to teach and administration has stressed that they must get all their curriculum in and do not have time to re-teach anything. Parent involvement is very low. The school has no extra-curricula activities. Uses recess time as punishment if your child does not finish work in class. Does not send home child's homework. This has been the worst year my second grader has ever had. We will not return next year.

Charles Acton Elementary School
9240 County View Road, Dallas, TX  75249
Last modified Charles Acton Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Charles Acton Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top