Bad
Good

Bradfield is a great school! Parent involvement is very high, teachers and very caring as well as super competent and the principal is very accessible.

Cockroaches were found in classrooms. If you see one cockroach, there are likely more in the back. They can carry bacteria or viruses into your home.

This was our first year at Bradfield and it has been our best year yet! My son excelled at a rapid rate as I knew he had fallen behind at his previous school. His teacher was just the right balance of loving yet firm - which is what my son needs to thrive! As for the principal, I see her nearly every day and feel I can speak with her without hesitation. If she's not up-and-down the hallways and checking on classrooms perhaps it's because she's been busy behind the scenes running an awesome school! She sends out a weekly email to all families and when I read it, I sense a woman who genuinely cares about the kids and parents and really enjoys the aspects of her work. My family had an incident at the school this year and the principal was completely on top of it and went out of her way to make sure our family had everything we needed to get through the situation! She was great and I really appreciate her! We are so looking forward to our second year at Bradfield! To all the great teachers and volunteers, from our hearts to yours - thank you!

Parental involvement is top notch and the teachers are great...but this school DOES NOT have an open door policy (forget open door...even gifts are collected up front) for the parents to communicate. The principal does not and will not meet you. You are told to write an email which never gets addressed. The education is great but not too much the administration... Not impressed at all!

Cannot say enough great things about being a Bradfield Bronco! Ms. Brunner, the Principal, is amazing with both the kids and parents. The staff and teachers are all dedicated to helping your child succeed. They are fun, loving, encouraging. Parental involvement is top notch and not just from the moms! It makes me smile knowing my child is excited to go to school every day.

Bradfield regularly receives statewide and even national acclaim for it's academic excellence. The reason is obvious from the moment that you set foot in the door. There are a dedicated staff of teachers, administrators and parents who care greatly about this neighborhood school. The first day of school you and your child are greeted by one of the school board members. I have always found the principal and front office staff to be visable, as well as both helpful and kind. My son has a learning disability and I am so fortunate that he has the opportunity to have his needs addressed by a 'team' of teachers who I can tell truly care for him (and who he adores). Not everything about Bradfield is perfect, but this is how school is supposed to be done.

We have found that the principal at the school is very involved, and I see her nearly every day. Have no idea about the comments with parents questioning her love for the school, the community and her students. Bradfield can handle everything that your student wants and needs out of a K-4 education. The best in the district, by far.

Bradfield is a great school but, yes I do agree with the previous post. Principal needs to be seen in the school.....all the time I volunteered at school, I hardly saw the principal.....

I have 2 children attending this 09-10 school year. I am very pleased with the school enviroment and academics in general. I am from East Texas and I don't have any heritage in Bradfileld. In this school, there is a strong feeling of grouping and favoring among parents. Parents are HEAVILY (and sometimes disturbingly) involved in school activities and in critical decisions to some extend. You will see moms droping off their kids to the school with nice skirts and very expensive bags in the morning saying hi to everybody with a fake smile. To my surprise, they know all the details about every kid and parent. If you are a professional working mom and if you do not fit into that protype, you are not welcomed here among most of the moms who heavily rely on their husbands. Relationships are very superficial and beneficiary.

Great school and great teachers! The only concern is with the principal... she's not nearly as innovative or pro-student as the others in the district.

Last modified Bradfield Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.