Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Highland Park Middle School 2

Posted February 06, 2016
Parents love this school. But ask a student, did you like going here? The answer is no. There is so much, TOO much, bullying and hate that is allowed. Disciplinarians don't give proper punishments to bullies and the way the students, my peers, act is horrible and made me hate school. The academics are great, but get the students under control!! I, personally, was bullied 5th-8th grade and nothing was done. Seriously, once teachers can get their students under control will it be a happy learning environment. Until then, I worry about the environment these children are learning in. The environment is not welcoming at all.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted February 06, 2016
Again, Mr. Francis, THANK you so much for inspiring me to use my head, question everything, and use Elf quotes as much as possible. You made learning so much fun and I miss being in your class!! Mrs. Green, you made me not only understand Math, but I loved learning about math in your class (even though you made us do that DynaMath magazine). You were so helpful and I think back to what you taught me all the time! Thanks for being so patient and kind.

Teacher effectiveness: Effective

Posted February 06, 2016
I have had some AMAZING teachers at this school (Mrs. Greene the math teacher and Mr. Francis the social studies teacher). I mentioned their names because I LOVE them so much. Mrs. Greene made me love math (for that year anyways) and Mr. Francis made me use my mind and taught with different methods than the other teachers. So thank you very much!

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted February 06, 2016
Definitely too much for them to handle. Last year, my friends had to write a novel, and they were stressed about it for MONTHS. Math packets were long, science didn't make sense, and all the work combined, mostly busy work mind you, was too much. And by busy work, I mean not having to use our minds. Just copying this word from the textbook onto this paper. That method doesn't work (just FYI)

Develops grit: Disagree

Posted February 06, 2016
If they did develop these traits in their students, why would the students still cheat?

Develops respect: Disagree

Posted February 06, 2016
I'd say they try bc of their "Rachel" program, but no, most of these students are not respectful.

Develops empathy: Disagree

Posted February 06, 2016
Again, there is so much bullying and hatred at this school that is not taken care of by faculty. Sure, they have programs to "stop bullying", but when it comes time for them to do something, even when they do step in, most times they either don't do anything or make it worse.

Develops honesty: Disagree

Posted February 06, 2016
As a former student, most people cheat. There, I said it, and i'll repeat it, most students cheat bc they are too lazy and are worried about their grades. And no one even notices the obvious: this isn't that students handwriting, I just read that same essay, ect. The cheating levels are seriously HIGH

Highland Park Middle School 4

Posted July 25, 2012
This middle school is comprised of grades 5, 6, 7, and 8. The 5th and 6th graders are contained in the east wing of this two story school and the 7th and 8th graders are contained in the west wing. The middle portion of the building is admin, lunchroom, gym etc. "Google Earth" for street view.

Highland Park Middle School 5

Posted March 28, 2012
Best public school in Texas.......Period! We have 3 kids at Armstrong Elementary and they are just THRIVING and loving it!! Teachers and staff rock.

3555 Granada Avenue, Dallas, TX  75205
Last modified Highland Park Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.