Bad
Good

Great Educational curriculum in place by Richard Marquez in which I have taken part over the year in activities that Richard provide to our Developmental Council in which I am apart of in the Tarrant County.

I've live just up the street since they moved into the old YWCA, and drive by Dallas Can Academy on Ross at least 4 times every single day. And, let me tell you, you've never seen such a scene. Its hard to even begin to describe the complete and utter chaos that the Dallas Can "students" unleash on the area. Many people call these students at Dallas Can "animals", which the students and parents think is an unfair description. Well, they're right, because it is unfair! Only, it isn't unfair to the students, it is unfair to animals. Animals, even the most disruptive, obnoxious, and disgusting species (like hyenas for example) have nothing on the Dallas Can "students". Animals, like hyenas, are freaking calm, thoughtful, compassionate, clean, quiet, and tame compared to the little mosters at D-Can't. Wild animals are FAR BETTER trained than these kids. If you're a parent, look at other options. If you care for your kids at all, don't subject them to a place like this. I'm sure they're already troubled if you are considering Dallas Can, that's a given. But, from what I've seen, if you send them here they will be FAR worse off. They'll truly become the SCURGE OF THE NEIGBHORHOOD.

My school is the Number 1 in the Nation. All the students work together as a team to help each other learn. All of my teachers are kind, courteous and caring. Indeed, teachers help us learn, step-by-step. You can tell that they love us by the gleam in their eyes. If I forget my lunch money, I can eat on credit. I feel safe at this school, because everyone has to sign in with their driver's license at the front door. We don't fight or call each other names. Definitely, there is no bullying at this school. We are one big melting pot of beautiful races of people. No one cares about what color you are. We care about the color of your heart, whether or not you are a good person with a good attitude. I love my school, because they don't stress me out. They have "tough" love. They are strict but not too strict. If anyone does break the rules, we are still treated with dignity and respect. They say, "Yes mam and No mam, yes sir, and no sir" to us. Amazingly, even the parents, teachers and the principal have good working relationships. In addition, we have science fairs and sports competitions that keep our minds challenged. We are definitely, "Beautiful Minds." Ms.Tyler

There are certainly teachers that truly care about the students. They often come there with the intent to improve the lives of at-risk students. However, the workload of a teacher is crazy and unmanigable. And while one could expect that you would have behavior issues at a second chance school, the behavior is out of control and extreme often times. I have been threatend, i had to contend with students cursing and talking about drug transactions with little to no consequences by the administration. I guess because it is a charter school the most important thing is that the students are present, how they behave is put on a back burner. Its all about money really. The turn over rate for teachers is so high because the enviorment does not support long term teaching. The good students usually don't stay to long because they are in a horrible enviorment. There needs to be a major change in this school and no more cans should be opened until the current CANS are fixed.

This school has really improved in the last year or so. The new principal and his leadership team have really turned the school around and have made it student and parent friendly. Even his own son went to the school. I would give this school a chance if your child needs additional support and help. My son is now in college...the first in our family.

I've been VERY happy with this school and how well my son has done here. He did well in elementary school, but when he hit puberty at age 11, the middle of 5th grade, it seemed like a bomb went off in his head. We have been through 6 years of hell, moving from one school to another. Some he just didn't do well in, two he got kicked out of. It's been a nightmare. But then we moved to Dallas and someone told me about Dallas CAN!. I checked into it and it sounded good - being designed for troubled kids, kids who might not graduate, it was just what my son needed. He actually fit in, made friends, felt like the teachers liked him & were there to help him. He wore his uniform everyday, did his homework, finally got the good grades I always knew he could. THANKS!

A great school for your child to attend for a education and job oppunities especially if he/she has a child they have a daycare in the inside to help with attendence problems if they would need it. Also they are really serious about graduating and helping the children become something.

Last modified Dallas Can Academy Charter is a Charter school that serves grades 9-12