Dallas Can Academy Charter 1

Posted November 21, 2013
I've live just up the street since they moved into the old YWCA, and drive by Dallas Can Academy on Ross at least 4 times every single day. And, let me tell you, you've never seen such a scene. Its hard to even begin to describe the complete and utter chaos that the Dallas Can "students" unleash on the area. Many people call these students at Dallas Can "animals", which the students and parents think is an unfair description. Well, they're right, because it is unfair! Only, it isn't unfair to the students, it is unfair to animals. Animals, even the most disruptive, obnoxious, and disgusting species (like hyenas for example) have nothing on the Dallas Can "students". Animals, like hyenas, are freaking calm, thoughtful, compassionate, clean, quiet, and tame compared to the little mosters at D-Can't. Wild animals are FAR BETTER trained than these kids. If you're a parent, look at other options. If you care for your kids at all, don't subject them to a place like this. I'm sure they're already troubled if you are considering Dallas Can, that's a given. But, from what I've seen, if you send them here they will be FAR worse off. They'll truly become the SCURGE OF THE NEIGBHORHOOD.

Posted October 04, 2013
My school is the Number 1 in the Nation. All the students work together as a team to help each other learn. All of my teachers are kind, courteous and caring. Indeed, teachers help us learn, step-by-step. You can tell that they love us by the gleam in their eyes. If I forget my lunch money, I can eat on credit. I feel safe at this school, because everyone has to sign in with their driver's license at the front door. We don't fight or call each other names. Definitely, there is no bullying at this school. We are one big melting pot of beautiful races of people. No one cares about what color you are. We care about the color of your heart, whether or not you are a good person with a good attitude. I love my school, because they don't stress me out. They have "tough" love. They are strict but not too strict. If anyone does break the rules, we are still treated with dignity and respect. They say, "Yes mam and No mam, yes sir, and no sir" to us. Amazingly, even the parents, teachers and the principal have good working relationships. In addition, we have science fairs and sports competitions that keep our minds challenged. We are definitely, "Beautiful Minds." Ms.Tyler

Dallas Can Academy Charter 2

Posted September 26, 2013
There are certainly teachers that truly care about the students. They often come there with the intent to improve the lives of at-risk students. However, the workload of a teacher is crazy and unmanigable. And while one could expect that you would have behavior issues at a second chance school, the behavior is out of control and extreme often times. I have been threatend, i had to contend with students cursing and talking about drug transactions with little to no consequences by the administration. I guess because it is a charter school the most important thing is that the students are present, how they behave is put on a back burner. Its all about money really. The turn over rate for teachers is so high because the enviorment does not support long term teaching. The good students usually don't stay to long because they are in a horrible enviorment. There needs to be a major change in this school and no more cans should be opened until the current CANS are fixed.

Dallas Can Academy Charter 4

Posted January 30, 2011
This school has really improved in the last year or so. The new principal and his leadership team have really turned the school around and have made it student and parent friendly. Even his own son went to the school. I would give this school a chance if your child needs additional support and help. My son is now in college...the first in our family.

Posted October 07, 2008

Dallas Can Academy Charter 4

Posted July 22, 2008
I've been VERY happy with this school and how well my son has done here. He did well in elementary school, but when he hit puberty at age 11, the middle of 5th grade, it seemed like a bomb went off in his head. We have been through 6 years of hell, moving from one school to another. Some he just didn't do well in, two he got kicked out of. It's been a nightmare. But then we moved to Dallas and someone told me about Dallas CAN!. I checked into it and it sounded good - being designed for troubled kids, kids who might not graduate, it was just what my son needed. He actually fit in, made friends, felt like the teachers liked him & were there to help him. He wore his uniform everyday, did his homework, finally got the good grades I always knew he could. THANKS!

Posted June 02, 2008
A great school for your child to attend for a education and job oppunities especially if he/she has a child they have a daycare in the inside to help with attendence problems if they would need it. Also they are really serious about graduating and helping the children become something.

Dallas Can Academy Charter 1

Posted April 01, 2008

Posted December 12, 2007

Posted February 22, 2006
I can honestly say that Dallas Can Academy Ross Ave is a great school.The staff makes sure that students are taking good care of.They make sure that students are in the right grade and that they recieve all the credits the need in order to past to the next grade.My daughter is attending Dallas Can this year she has never been so happy to go to school.She is now passing and even thinking about college she wants to major in social worker in c.p.s. in rape cases.My daughter is now pregnant.They even provide parenting classes for both mom and dad and even students that are not parents to prepare them for when they do become parents.They have a program that helps pregnant girls and their baby's father called Pregnant Related Services and they put the girls on bedrest and bring them their work that way they wont fall behind.

Dallas Can Academy Charter
4621 Ross Avenue, Dallas, TX  75204
Last modified Dallas Can Academy Charter is a Charter school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Dallas Can Academy Charter Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top