Posted April 14, 2014
I have been a parent at Mitchell Elementary for 10 years since we chose our house specifically for a strong Elementary, Middle School and High School(s) for our 3 girls ages 15,14 and 9. I am now on my 3rd principal and I can't say enough about how great the staff and Leadership is with Ms. Rucker. I agree with the comments below saying bullying issues were not dealt with with the last principal but things have improved now. 2 of my 3 daughters have had issues affecting their performance. In each case, solutions and support were offered to improve the situation. PTA and parent involvement is high for this school and that makes a tremendous difference.

Posted March 20, 2014
When my bright and usually on-target 5th grader began to struggle with math, her teacher called me to discuss it. Instead of the usual talks about enforcing study habits, lamenting disorganization, wanting to punish her with less recess, etc. I was told that she could be enrolled in extra tutoring twice a week and math club after school once a week. How nice to have a school that offers solutions!

Posted April 30, 2013
Mitchell Elementary is one of the best elementary schools in North Dallas. Highly qualified & loving teachers. Wonderful community: boy scouts, girl scouts, soccer, baseball, church's w/ excellent youth programs, major hospitals and shopping within 2 miles. Location, Location w/ 1-2 min access to North Dallas Tollway or 190 George Bush turnpike. See Frankford Exit off Tollway, or Midway exit off 190 George Bush Turnpike. Plano ISD, but City of Dallas address. Wonderful place to call home.

Mitchell Elementary School 4

Posted April 19, 2011
This is a great school. The teachers and principal are nice and understanding. They do not nit pick and they use positive ways to encourage the kids. The only reason I do not give them 5's across the board is because bully issues are not delt with in a firm way. As one person said they coddle the ones that have behavior issues.

Mitchell Elementary School 2

Posted August 04, 2010
Structure was not what I expected and the curriculum needs more points of emphasis on areas where students need most growth (analytical thinking). Too much coddling of students which does not help with behavior issues. Students need to be equipped with education and core life principles to be able to compete. Communication from staff to parents is not even kiel. The amount of time spent calling on things that are miniscule can be used to craft ways and means to address the concerns.

Posted June 11, 2010
I have to admit that you have the parent group down correctly for the most part. I am thankful that you don't rate a school based on a specific group of parents. The teachers, principle and staff are outstanding as well as many of the parents. Many children are taught by the parent and they just aren't kind or enclusive. It's unfortunate but we migjht as well get used to it now. We are not involved in the "choosen" sport but you can't get on the team anyway. Please don't blame the school, they do everything possible to help everyone feel comfortable. Hope you find a happier year in the fall. The educational level is excellent!

Mitchell Elementary School 2

Posted May 18, 2010
this school is so hard for new families who don't start in kindergarten. If you don't do organized sports forget it. The parents and PTA are quite simply cliquish. I've asked for playdates for my kids and a parent actually told me no! My kids aren't a problem, never a discipline problem, we have a nice house. My kids just want to go back to their old school and I wish they could too.

Posted April 30, 2010
My son graduated from Mitchell 3 years ago and I miss the school a lot! We have wonderful memories of this school. Caring teachers, supportive staff, great PTA. So nice to hear that it's still as great as it was!

Posted April 25, 2010
Love this school! The teachers and the PTA!

Mitchell Elementary School 4

Posted May 03, 2009

Mitchell Elementary School
4223 Briargrove Lane, Dallas, TX  75287
Last modified Mitchell Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mitchell Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top