Bad
Good

My kids have flourished at LHE. The principal is very attentive to problems, the teachers all care about the children, and the school feels like a big family. Coach Fuller is AMAZING! It has great after school enrichment, such as drama, science labs & karate as well.

My daughter is receiving AMAZING education at LHE. It is so telling when all of the teachers that work there bring their own children to their school. Wouldn't trade this place for anything. Well done LHE! Thanks for being so GREAT!

We had terrible experiences at this school and I am telling the truth! 1. BULLYING: My son was bullied 5 times in less than 6 months. Counselor offered no help after I reached out to her at least twice. At one time when I was volunteering for the classroom teacher, I personally witnessed 2 girls punching a boy against the iron fence, none of the other adults went over to deal with it, and I had to even though the kids were not in my class. 2. ABSENTEEISM: The teacher had at least 6 absences in less than 4 months. 3. PRINCIPAL AND SCHOOL: Before my son was officially enrolled, the principal told the parents that they would not give kids much homework as requested by previous parents. As an educator myself, I have to question this policy. Do they know what they are doing? What kind of school is it if the principal thinks kids should get less or very little homework? How will the kids learn if they don't get practice? 4. DISCRIMINATION AND PREJUDICE: PTA is all white for the years I was there. I was always looked at differently and not greeted because I'm not caucasian. There was this little cliche of white moms who excluded everyone else. It's not a friendly community.

LHE is the new preferred elementary school in Lake Highlands. I anticipate this will be the next up and coming area in Lake Highlands. I hear lots of good things.

Lake Highlands Elem. is a fantastic neighborhood school! The principal is a strong leader and the teachers are excellent. Very involved and supportive PTA as well.

worked as a teacher asst last year,and LHE is the best school i have ever worked at(including greenhill school and brentfield elem also Richardson)1st grade Mrs. ross is the best!!

Great faculty along with wonderful students and parents. Right in the heart of such a caring neighborhood!!

Great teachers and staff who love the kids and want to see them grow, develope and succeed. They work with the Parents to get them invloved and to make sure that this happens. The kids love the school and are proud to be LHE Wildcats!

I see what Lake Highlands Elementary School is doing for my grandchildren. They both are doing extremely well and both are in the Reach program. Lake Highlands Elementary is giving them a wonderful foundation for their future education. Grammy Dolt

Great students, family and staff!!

Last modified Lake Highlands Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.