Posted November 16, 2014
My daughter is receiving AMAZING education at LHE. It is so telling when all of the teachers that work there bring their own children to their school. Wouldn't trade this place for anything. Well done LHE! Thanks for being so GREAT!

Lake Highlands Elementary School 1

Posted November 08, 2014
We had terrible experiences at this school and I am telling the truth! 1. BULLYING: My son was bullied 5 times in less than 6 months. Counselor offered no help after I reached out to her at least twice. At one time when I was volunteering for the classroom teacher, I personally witnessed 2 girls punching a boy against the iron fence, none of the other adults went over to deal with it, and I had to even though the kids were not in my class. 2. ABSENTEEISM: The teacher had at least 6 absences in less than 4 months. 3. PRINCIPAL AND SCHOOL: Before my son was officially enrolled, the principal told the parents that they would not give kids much homework as requested by previous parents. As an educator myself, I have to question this policy. Do they know what they are doing? What kind of school is it if the principal thinks kids should get less or very little homework? How will the kids learn if they don't get practice? 4. DISCRIMINATION AND PREJUDICE: PTA is all white for the years I was there. I was always looked at differently and not greeted because I'm not caucasian. There was this little cliche of white moms who excluded everyone else. It's not a friendly community.
3 people found this helpful

Posted February 21, 2013
LHE is the new preferred elementary school in Lake Highlands. I anticipate this will be the next up and coming area in Lake Highlands. I hear lots of good things.

Posted February 02, 2013
Lake Highlands Elem. is a fantastic neighborhood school! The principal is a strong leader and the teachers are excellent. Very involved and supportive PTA as well.

Posted March 18, 2011
worked as a teacher asst last year,and LHE is the best school i have ever worked at(including greenhill school and brentfield elem also Richardson)1st grade Mrs. ross is the best!!

Posted October 03, 2009
Great faculty along with wonderful students and parents. Right in the heart of such a caring neighborhood!!

Posted September 28, 2009
Great teachers and staff who love the kids and want to see them grow, develope and succeed. They work with the Parents to get them invloved and to make sure that this happens. The kids love the school and are proud to be LHE Wildcats!

Posted September 24, 2009
I see what Lake Highlands Elementary School is doing for my grandchildren. They both are doing extremely well and both are in the Reach program. Lake Highlands Elementary is giving them a wonderful foundation for their future education. Grammy Dolt

Posted September 24, 2009
Great students, family and staff!!

Posted September 24, 2009
My daughter graduated from Lakehighlands. It is a great school with a great staff. My daughters past teachers always looked after her well being.

Lake Highlands Elementary School
9501 Ferndale Road, Dallas, TX  75238
Last modified Lake Highlands Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lake Highlands Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 112 reviews. Top